Old 29-12-2002, 08:31 PM
Michelle Fulton

Default Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease

"Jonathan Ball" wrote in message

California. Actually, I only *live* in California; I
occupy my house.

....which occupies space in California ;-)

Not based on his participation in this thread.

He participates in many threads sharing his vast ag experience.

No. But professional, or any, involvement in
agriculture isn't a prerequisite for spotting
tunnel-visioned thinking in people like Gordon.

No, but it helps to have experience in what you are talking about.

It was STUPID and irrelevant for Gordon then to make
mention about what he considers to be the correct
terminology in his "part of the world". Note, as well,
that several people have disputed him. His implication
that salt "licks" ONLY are naturally occurring
formations is simply wrong, as I found dozens of
references in a Google search to industrially
manufactured salt licks for livestock.

I didn't notice him saying salt licks are *only* naturally occurring. I
took it simply as a statement of another definition of a salt lick so as to
broaden the view of others reading the thread that were maybe only aware of
the man made kind. Actually, it seemed quite a break from the argument
over what a salt lick is, compared to a feed block. That is one of the
benefits of ng's, I think. You *get* to broaden your world view by reading
what people like Gordon and others from around the world share about their
'part of the world'.

Lighten up, Jon :-) Sometimes you seem so nice and sometimes.....

Old 29-12-2002, 08:49 PM
Jonathan Ball

Michelle Fulton wrote:
"Jonathan Ball" wrote in message

California. Actually, I only *live* in California; I
occupy my house.

...which occupies space in California ;-)

Not based on his participation in this thread.

He participates in many threads sharing his vast

Heh. He doesn't seem to know that salt licks are sold
as a manufactured product.

ag experience.

No. But professional, or any, involvement in
agriculture isn't a prerequisite for spotting
tunnel-visioned thinking in people like Gordon.

No, but it helps to have experience in what you are talking about.

I have decades of experience in spotting illogical
conclusions and tunnel-visioned ignornance like Gordon's.

It was STUPID and irrelevant for Gordon then to make
mention about what he considers to be the correct
terminology in his "part of the world". Note, as well,
that several people have disputed him. His implication
that salt "licks" ONLY are naturally occurring
formations is simply wrong, as I found dozens of
references in a Google search to industrially
manufactured salt licks for livestock.

I didn't notice him saying salt licks are *only* naturally occurring.

It's implied by what he wrote:

JB (to ~~shitweed~~):
A lick and a block are the same thing, you
ignoramus.

GC:
Not in my part of the world. A lick is a natual salt
deposit.

That's categorical, Michelle. He has DEFINED a lick as
a "natual [sic] salt deposit", at least in his "part of
the world." Clearly, he is wrong. I don't care where
he lives in Okiehoma, I could find a livestock feed
store within an hour's drive of where he lives,
probably even less, and they would sell manufactured
salt licks/blocks.

I took it simply as a statement of another

No, definitely not "another". He DEFINED salt lick as
a naturally occuring formation.

definition of a salt lick so as to
broaden the view of others reading the thread that were maybe only aware of
the man made kind. Actually, it seemed quite a break from the argument
over what a salt lick is, compared to a feed block. That is one of the
benefits of ng's, I think. You *get* to broaden your world view by reading
what people like Gordon and others from around the world share about their
'part of the world'.

I don't consider it worldview-broadening to read
someone's ignorant, and wrong, comment.

Lighten up, Jon :-) Sometimes you seem so nice and sometimes.....

I don't consider it a virtue to be "nice" to willfully
ignorant people.

Old 30-12-2002, 12:08 AM
Gordon Couger

Jim Webster wrote:
Jonathan Ball wrote in message

You're an idiot. Your "part of the world" is a little
backwater full of lowbrow idiots.

Jonathan does have an interpersonal relations problem

Wrong. I have an intense dislike for tunnel-visioned
parochial rubes like Gordon, and their apologists like you.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=%22salt+lick%22 is a search on Google
for "salt lick" in every case it refers to a place where animals come to
salt not the salt its self.

At least my tunnel vision is a great deal more wide angled than your myopic
one note stance on environmental matters that you have no real experience or
understanding of. My knowledge and experiance is a great deal broader as
well.

I expect I have spent several thousand times more money directly protecting
the environment than you have and I know I have contributed more to reduce
the impact of agriculture on the environment It is annoying to have little
people like you sit and bitch about those of us actively engaged in
preserving the land for the future. You can't even enter an intelligent
discussion on the subject.

Gordon

Old 30-12-2002, 01:51 AM
Jonathan Ball

Jim Webster wrote:

Jonathan Ball wrote in message

You're an idiot. Your "part of the world" is a little
backwater full of lowbrow idiots.

Jonathan does have an interpersonal relations problem

Wrong. I have an intense dislike for tunnel-visioned
parochial rubes like Gordon, and their apologists like you.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=%22salt+lick%22 is a search on Google

It's a very SHODDY search on Google, Gordon, because it
is a Google NEWS search. Do a Google WEB search, and
quite a lot of different citations come up,
particularly if you don't search merely on "salt lick",
but include some other terms as well, e.g. "feed
block". Here's one:

I encourage mineral salt-licks to be placed where
deer can be observed. That is one reason for the
licks -- observing is one way that the deer resource
can be used. The sites should be replenished
annually for 3 years, then left for 3 years and
moved to a spot 50 feet away to reduce any chance of
parasite buildup. The lick is rarely, if ever, used
in the winter months; greatest use is in early
spring. Selecting a good site for a lick is tough
(for example, out of a watershed; not easily reached
by a poacher; having a good background for
photographers; vegetation readily sacrificed since
the salt will kill some nearby).

[...]

We want you to spend a few dollars on a small
mineral salt block (available from any feed/seed
store). Use a mineral block (not plain; not sulfur).
Put it on a log or post where you can see it well,
but at a distance (so the deer will not be
frightened away by your presence). (Replace it when
it is used up. The deer will continue to lick at the
salty ground beneath the block.)

http://fwie.fw.vt.edu/rhgiles/AntlerPt/_ap032.htm

for "salt lick" in every case it refers to a place where animals come to
salt not the salt its self.

At least my tunnel vision is a great deal more wide angled than your myopic
one note stance on environmental matters that you have no real experience or
understanding of. My knowledge and experiance is a great deal broader as
well.

Unproved.

I expect I have spent several thousand times more money directly protecting
the environment than you have

You have no way of knowing that.

and I know I have contributed more to reduce
the impact of agriculture on the environment It is annoying to have little
people like you sit and bitch about those of us actively engaged in
preserving the land for the future. You can't even enter an intelligent
discussion on the subject.

It's even more annoying to have a parochial twit
pretend he knows anything useful at all.

Old 30-12-2002, 02:11 AM
Lotus

Jim Webster wrote:
Jonathan Ball wrote in message

trying to pull his scorched balls out of the fire.

Reread ~~weed's~~ claim:

I can't find a SINGLE reference to the use of
mineralised FEED blocks in the UK.

This was my 'infamous' search;
http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&ie...attle+uk&meta=
See for yourselves- 45 irrelevant hits, afaics, - either
mineral/salt licks/blocks, or mineralised barley.

and then note that the site I referenced is a UK site.
That company CLEARLY is using "lick" and "block"
synonymously.

You're even stupider than I thought, because the
company in that site is not using the word "Rockies" as
a generic term; it is a trademarked name of a
particular lick ( = block) that they sell.

Proving that you graze hourly in the pasture of
stupidity, you are guaranteed to come back with some
sophomoric retort to try to show that you didn't
misunderstand. You DID misunderstand; little nuggets
of stupidity-grass will be falling from your lips even
as you compose your dimwitted retort.

--

J.B.

Leaving a wake of destruction
Lacking any semblance of empathy for
The multitude of innocent victims behind you.
Being devoid of social value.
Possessing so horrid a personality
Only loathing for you is possible.
Disgust.
You don't even deserve pity.
You drench the compassion of all
With attitudes and behaviors
Absurdly obvious selfishness
That no one can stand being with you.
Everyone ends up hating and disrespecting you.
Using you as their example of a fool.
An asshole.
A really stupid prick.
And people do talk about you.
And what a stupid prick asshole you are.
Everyone you know despises you.
Not just because of your obstinacy
Yammering on despite all facts.
But mostly you are hated
For being an all-around dumbass.
Your mother wanted to abort you.
And so do we.

- A. Plagiarist

Old 30-12-2002, 02:14 AM
Lotus

"Jonathan Ball" wrote in message ...
Lotus wrote:
"Jim Webster" wrote in message

[..]
The audience will make up their own minds, based on the evidence.

That's all I could ever ask.

You shouldn't. The audience concluded years ago that
your a liar and an idiot,

You, boil, are the liar, proven over and over..

and an irrational believer in
make-believe bullshit like "inner earth beings".

Say's you.

Present your INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIABLE evidence that
they exist, ~~weed~~.

No.

Old 30-12-2002, 04:06 AM
Jonathan Ball

Jim Webster wrote:

Jonathan Ball wrote in message

trying to pull his scorched balls out of the fire.

Reread ~~weed's~~ claim:

I can't find a SINGLE reference to the use of
mineralised FEED blocks in the UK.

This was my 'infamous' search;
http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&ie...attle+uk&meta=
See for yourselves- 45 irrelevant hits, afaics, - either
mineral/salt licks/blocks, or mineralised barley.

I did a search, and found a relevant link on the first
try. You are a blind idiot: you weren't really looking.

and then note that the site I referenced is a UK site.
That company CLEARLY is using "lick" and "block"
synonymously.

You're even stupider than I thought, because the
company in that site is not using the word "Rockies" as
a generic term; it is a trademarked name of a
particular lick ( = block) that they sell.

Proving that you graze hourly in the pasture of
stupidity, you are guaranteed to come back with some
sophomoric retort to try to show that you didn't
misunderstand. You DID misunderstand; little nuggets
of stupidity-grass will be falling from your lips even
as you compose your dimwitted retort.

[snip really shitty doggerel "poetry"]

Give it up, ~~shitweed~~. Not only are you an
irrational fool, you're talentless.

Old 30-12-2002, 04:08 AM
Jonathan Ball

Lotus wrote:

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

[..]

The audience will make up their own minds, based on the evidence.

That's all I could ever ask.

You shouldn't. The audience concluded years ago that
your a liar and an idiot,

You, boil, are the liar, proven over and over..

No. I have caught you in one lie after another, one
****ed up "citation" after another. You are an
ignorant, ****ed up fool.

and an irrational believer in
make-believe bullshit like "inner earth beings".

Say's you.

No (and it would be "says", anyway, not "say's".) You
believe in "inner earth beings", which is prima facie
evidence of your being an irrational idiot.

Present your INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIABLE evidence that
they exist, ~~weed~~.

No.

Right: you have none. ZERO. Just like you,
~~shitweed~~: a great big empty ZERO.

Old 30-12-2002, 07:26 AM
Jim Webster

Gordon Couger wrote in message

.. You can't even enter an intelligent
discussion on the subject.

Gordon

perfectly true, no one can remember the last time he actually
contributed anything to a discussion. He just makes personal attacks and
boasts about the level of his education. Are they all like that in
California?

Eventually he gets kilfiled or ignored as a waste of time but I confess
to winding him up occassionally.

Unfortunately he and lotus do not get on and you get long tedious
threads where they insult each other. They do make a perfect pair as
neither seems to have much grasp of the real world and tend to confuse
the web with reality.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Old 30-12-2002, 09:26 AM
Gordon Couger

Jim Webster wrote:

[...]

I will place a large wager.

and I know I have contributed more to reduce
the impact of agriculture on the environment It is annoying to have

little
people like you sit and bitch about those of us actively engaged in
preserving the land for the future. You can't even enter an intelligent
discussion on the subject.

It's even more annoying to have a parochial twit
pretend he knows anything useful at all.

Give an example of something you have done to directly improve the
envrionment.

Gordon.

Old 30-12-2002, 09:44 AM
Gordon Couger

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Gordon Couger wrote in message

. You can't even enter an intelligent
discussion on the subject.

Gordon

perfectly true, no one can remember the last time he actually
contributed anything to a discussion. He just makes personal attacks and
boasts about the level of his education. Are they all like that in
California?

Eventually he gets kilfiled or ignored as a waste of time but I confess
to winding him up occassionally.

Unfortunately he and lotus do not get on and you get long tedious
threads where they insult each other. They do make a perfect pair as
neither seems to have much grasp of the real world and tend to confuse
the web with reality.

I would like to see some of these folks with a hoe in their hand on a 110
degree day or feeding cattle when the wind is blowing 40 miles per hour and
it 10 below zero f. Or sign their name on the dotted line of a note for over
a hundred thousand bucks for irrigation equipment that we trust to a farmer
500 miles away that we have met once.

They have hard lessons to learn in life if they ever hope to succeed at
anything.

Gordon

Old 30-12-2002, 10:34 AM
Oz

Gordon Couger writes

I would like to see some of these folks with a hoe in their hand on a 110
degree day or feeding cattle when the wind is blowing 40 miles per hour and
it 10 below zero f.

Can I book a seat now, please?

It's very likely they have no idea whatsoever what you are talking
about, although doubtless they will think they do.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.

Old 30-12-2002, 10:36 AM
Jim Webster

Unfortunately he and lotus do not get on and you get long tedious
threads where they insult each other. They do make a perfect pair as
neither seems to have much grasp of the real world and tend to

confuse
the web with reality.

I would like to see some of these folks with a hoe in their hand on a

110
degree day or feeding cattle when the wind is blowing 40 miles per

hour and
it 10 below zero f. Or sign their name on the dotted line of a note

for over
a hundred thousand bucks for irrigation equipment that we trust to a

farmer
500 miles away that we have met once.

They have hard lessons to learn in life if they ever hope to succeed

at
anything.

they are lessons so far removed from their way of life that they cannot
even comprehend what the learning will teach them.
Remember these people ofter never impact on the real world. I remember
the ex wife of a friend of mine. She had no winter clothes, not even a
coat. She lived in a centrally heated house with garage built in, drove
to her centrally heated office, parked in the carpark underneath the
office building. She was known to wear less in winter than summer
because the office central heating was set a bit high.

expecting people like that to understand reality is like asking a
bullock to discuss quantum physics.

Old 30-12-2002, 12:39 PM
Lotus

Lotus wrote:

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

[..]

The audience will make up their own minds, based on the evidence.

That's all I could ever ask.

You shouldn't. The audience concluded years ago that
your a liar and an idiot,

You, boil, are the liar, proven over and over..

No. I have caught you in one lie after another, one
****ed up "citation" after another. You are an
ignorant, ****ed up fool.

You are the liar. I may err, but I always correct my mistakes,
and am not adverse to others doing so constructively either.

and an irrational believer in
make-believe bullshit like "inner earth beings".

Say's you.

No (and it would be "says", anyway, not "say's".) You
believe in "inner earth beings", which is prima facie
evidence of your being an irrational idiot.

Say's you.

Present your INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIABLE evidence that
they exist, ~~weed~~.

No.

Right: you have none. ZERO. Just like you,
~~weed~~: a great big empty ZERO.

Liar. And the great big blustering ZERO is YOU, boil.

Old 30-12-2002, 12:41 PM
Lotus

Jim Webster wrote:

Jonathan Ball wrote in message

trying to pull his scorched balls out of the fire.

Reread ~~weed's~~ claim:

I can't find a SINGLE reference to the use of
mineralised FEED blocks in the UK.

This was my 'infamous' search;
http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&ie...attle+uk&meta=
See for yourselves- 45 irrelevant hits, afaics, - either
mineral/salt licks/blocks, or mineralised barley.

I did a search, and found a relevant link on the first
try. You are a blind idiot: you weren't really looking.

Show us a link to 'mineralised FEED blocks' in the UK then.

You don't even know what we were speaking of, dumbass.

[..]