Old 29-11-2005, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

Default If you are Po faced, don't open

"Mike" wrote in message
:

There are two wonderful version of this in relation to Freemasons. One
version within a Lodge which covers Lodge procedure and another outside
the
Lodge with covers the myth of Secrets!!!

They both came up in one of my Lodges last month :-))

Mike
The truth will prevail

Did you give the wrong handshake or lost your thumb or slipper

Old 29-11-2005, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

"Phil L" wrote in message
.uk...
Mike wrote:
Sod all to do with gardening and no doubt the 'Owners' will report me
to my ISP, but I thought some of you with an ounce of human feeling
might like the following.

(Lifted from a newsgroup to which you have to have special status to
belong to. THAT will upset the 'owners' even MORE!!!!)

A list of actual announcements that London Tube
train drivers have made to their passengers...

Big snip

Quite good, aside from the paranoia at the beginning, what posesses you to
imagine that any newsgroup has an owner of any sort?...no one has any less
or more right to post here (or in any other newsgroup) than anyone else,
regardless of how long standing they are or how new they are...you don't
need any kind of status to post to any newsgroup,and no one 'belongs' to

any
group, I (and everyone else in the world) have as much right to post in
every group on usenet.... nor do you need permission to 'lift' items
therefrom, anyone can create a newsgroup but they have no authority within
that group nor what goes on there, I think you are mistaking usenet for

some
kind of members web forum.

Mike knows the situation fine well. He doesn't imagine anyone has any
special rights of ownership of the group, he's implying there are however
some people who imagine they do.

Old 29-11-2005, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
martin writes:
| On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:36:33 GMT, Janet Baraclough
| wrote:
| The message k
| from "Phil L" contains these words:
|

| As I said, no one has copyright on their posts...
|
| You're out of date.
|
| http://www.clari.net/brad/copymyths.html
|
| It discusses copyright law in the USA.

"If it doesn't have a copyright notice, it's not copyrighted."
This was true in the past, but today almost all major nations
follow the Berne copyright convention. For example, in the USA,
almost everything created privately and originally after April 1,
1989 is copyrighted and protected whether it has a notice or not.

It fails to mention that the USA was the LAST of the major
developed countries to follow the Berne convention. As I said,
the UK has assigned copyright by default on published text since
1911, and on most media since 1956. I.e. we followed the Berne
convention before it was agreed!

I won't go on, but most of the other corrections are either true
or close to true for UK law as well as USA.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-11-2005, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

There are two wonderful version of this in relation to Freemasons. One
version within a Lodge which covers Lodge procedure and another outside

the
Lodge with covers the myth of Secrets!!!

They both came up in one of my Lodges last month :-))

Won't they have to kill you for revealing their secrets?
--
Martin

What secrets? Did you not read the statement I made "myth of secrets"?

Mike
The truth will prevail

Old 29-11-2005, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
..
"martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 05:15:50 -0500, "middleton.walker"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
:
There are two wonderful version of this in relation to Freemasons. One
version within a Lodge which covers Lodge procedure and another outside
the
Lodge with covers the myth of Secrets!!!

They both came up in one of my Lodges last month :-))

Mike
The truth will prevail

Did you give the wrong handshake or lost your thumb or slipper

He didn't know Sacha is currently the Grand Master.
--
Martin

Quite possible. Not checked it out.

Mike
The truth will prevail

Old 29-11-2005, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

He didn't know Sacha is currently the Grand Master.
--
Martin

Quite possible. Not checked it out.

Mike
The truth will prevail

Not able to help with present, but a word from a Past Grand Master.

__________________________________________________ ___________________-

A Message from the Most Worshipful the Past Grand Master Eileen Gray CBE

"Having been a Lady Freemason for almost 50 years, l am delighted that
younger generations are using the most modern technology to disseminate
knowledge about our our Order, the Honourable Fraternity of Ancient
Freemasons.

No longer can Masonry be referred to as a Secret Society - it never was. But
it has served the Press to believe so and to propagate that image from time
to time.

Our Fraternity is open to women of any age, race or creed. The first
question asked of any applicant is "Do you believe in God?" The answer must
be in the affirmative, but how one worships is a matter for the individual.
Freemasonry is not a religion though its teachings have a moral tendency.

lt is difficult to describe the immense satisfaction one gets from being a
member, suffice it to say that it is an organisation of exceptional amity
and support, both between members and to the outside charities who benefit
from its generosity.

We have Lodge Meetings where behaviour is of necessity formalised, but
Festive Boards and Socials (which are often held to support charitable
causes), make for a programme as varied and as interesting as you wish to
make it. Commitment both in attendance or participation is entirely up to
the individual.

The reason why Women Freemasons have decided to "go public" is twofold:

The Commons Select Committee told representatives of Men's Masonry, who were
the subject of investigation by the Committee at that time, that having
established their status and their charitable accomplishments, they should
be more open with the public and dispel the "secrecy" image. Because many of
our members are married to Masons, we have generally adopted the UGLE lead
on such matters, although it must be emphasised, the United Grand Lodge of
England has no jurisdiction over us.

Secondly, despite nearly one hundred years of women's participation, we
thought it high time to dispel the notion that Freemasonry exists only for
men. Even among women married to Masons we have perceived a lack of
awareness of our Order.

All those who are already Masons, need no telling how much Freemasonry means
to them and how it has enriched their lives. But to those who are not yet
members, but who find themselves attracted by its Precepts, l say to you "
Go ahead, and make the first move ". You will not be disappointed."

Hope that helps

Mike
The truth will prevail

:-))

Old 29-11-2005, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

They both came up in one of my Lodges last month :-))

Won't they have to kill you for revealing their secrets?

What secrets? Did you not read the statement I made "myth of secrets"?

So they haven't told you.
--
Martin

To which you want me to say "No, it's a secret". Sorry, it's all on the web
:-))

Old 29-11-2005, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

martin wrote:
Won't they have to kill you for revealing their secrets?

Don't they roll up a trouser leg, wear a mask with feathers and grunt
around a goblet of fire or someshink?!

Mike ... seriously, your post got me giggling so bad, I got surrounded
by 10 colleagues chuckling their heads off. On this fine, crisp, sunny,
gorgeous, snow covered hills, thank you very much )

Old 29-11-2005, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
..
"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

martin wrote:
Won't they have to kill you for revealing their secrets?

Don't they roll up a trouser leg, wear a mask with feathers and grunt
around a goblet of fire or someshink?!

SSSSSSshhhhhhh, you're talking of the Elucidated Bretren of the Ebon Night,
where the Door of Knowledge of the Supreme Lodge is stuck fast aren't you?

Mike ... seriously, your post got me giggling so bad, I got surrounded
by 10 colleagues chuckling their heads off. On this fine, crisp, sunny,
gorgeous, snow covered hills, thank you very much )

My pleasure. I always aim to please as the Cleaner of the Gent's Toilet
said, followed by 'you aim too please'

Mike
The truth will prevail

Old 29-11-2005, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
:
There are two wonderful version of this in relation to Freemasons. One
version within a Lodge which covers Lodge procedure and another outside
the
Lodge with covers the myth of Secrets!!!

They both came up in one of my Lodges last month :-))

Mike
The truth will prevail

Did you give the wrong handshake or lost your thumb or slipper

He didn't know Sacha is currently the Grand Master.
--
Martin

Does the Grand Master have to give a left handed handshake or walk
barefooted having lost both slippers?

Old 29-11-2005, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Mike" writes:

| Our Fraternity is open to women of any age, race or creed. The first
| question asked of any applicant is "Do you believe in God?" The answer must
| be in the affirmative, but how one worships is a matter for the individual.
| Freemasonry is not a religion though its teachings have a moral tendency.

I wonder what the response would be if you said "Yes, I am God"?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-11-2005, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
..
"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mike" writes:

| Our Fraternity is open to women of any age, race or creed. The first
| question asked of any applicant is "Do you believe in God?" The answer

must
| be in the affirmative, but how one worships is a matter for the

individual.
| Freemasonry is not a religion though its teachings have a moral

tendency.

I wonder what the response would be if you said "Yes, I am God"?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Ask her

Mike
The truth will prevail

Old 29-11-2005, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

In article , Mike
writes
There are two wonderful version of this in relation to Freemasons. One
version within a Lodge which covers Lodge procedure and another outside the
Lodge with covers the myth of Secrets!!!

They both came up in one of my Lodges last month :-))

I'm shocked - my family would never post regarding Freemasonry - the
Grand Master would not tolerate such irreverent comment. Furthermore,
it's not done to advertise that one is a Freemason, this is something
that all Freemasons respect and observe.

--
Judith Lea
Old 29-11-2005, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
..

wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
:
There are two wonderful version of this in relation to Freemasons. One
version within a Lodge which covers Lodge procedure and another

outside
the
Lodge with covers the myth of Secrets!!!

They both came up in one of my Lodges last month :-))

Mike
The truth will prevail

Did you give the wrong handshake or lost your thumb or slipper

He didn't know Sacha is currently the Grand Master.
--
Martin

Does the Grand Master have to give a left handed handshake or walk
barefooted having lost both slippers?

Isn't the left handshake the Boy Scouts handshake?

Mike
The truth will prevail

Old 29-11-2005, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 29/11/05 11:35, in article , "Judith
Lea" wrote:

In article , Mike
writes
There are two wonderful version of this in relation to Freemasons. One
version within a Lodge which covers Lodge procedure and another outside the
Lodge with covers the myth of Secrets!!!

They both came up in one of my Lodges last month :-))

I'm shocked - my family would never post regarding Freemasonry - the
Grand Master would not tolerate such irreverent comment. Furthermore,
it's not done to advertise that one is a Freemason, this is something
that all Freemasons respect and observe.

Unfortunately, given the intended focus of this group and the irrelevant
posts on Freemasonry, that has to be corrected to 'most Freemasons respect
and observe'. But I agree, I don't know of any Freemason - and I've known
several, including a Grand Master of his Lodge - who would discuss
Freemasonry in this way. I do wonder what Crowe's fellow Masons would think
of his behaviour.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk