Old 29-11-2005, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default If you are Po faced, don't open

Not doing a very good job of propoting the good work and word then is she?
:-((

That was meant to be "reporting"!!

Mike
The truth will prevail

Old 29-11-2005, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

In article , Mike
writes

Freemasonry is now very open and we are encouraged to talk about it,
advertise it and point people who have the wrong image, such as yourself and
I see Sacha has poked her nose in as well to make the point that neither of
you are up to date.

Sorry, but you are both wrong.

Dear, Dear, I do not purport to know everything but I do know that
there is the public side of Freemasonry available for all to read/see
and there is the other, quite private, side that is not in the public
domain - nor am I advocating that it should be. My point is that the
male members of my family, both young and of my generation, are quite
firmly of the opinion that I must have misunderstood you and they feel
that I wrongly assumed that you were a Freemason as Masons do not
discuss their business in such an obvious manner; they insist that I
have erred in presuming you are a Freemason and that you are probably in
some other worthwhile charitable society, perhaps the Round Table.

--
Judith Lea
Old 29-11-2005, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
..
"Judith Lea" wrote in message
[...]

Please inform the learned members of your family that they are wrong :-))

Kind regards

Mike Crowe

The truth WILL Prevail

Old 29-11-2005, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

King Arfer or Lancelot? :-)

Mike said quite clearly that he was master of gawd knows how many
lodges.
--
Martin

Not quite right. I 'will be' in 2007 and 2008 :-)) and another one I belong
to I will know over the weekend after the Installation :-)) Like to get
things right :-))

Mike
The truth will prevail

Old 29-11-2005, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Sacha wrote:
Unfortunately, given the intended focus of this group and the irrelevant
posts on Freemasonry, that has to be corrected to 'most Freemasons respect
and observe'. But I agree, I don't know of any Freemason - and I've known
several, including a Grand Master of his Lodge - who would discuss
Freemasonry in this way. I do wonder what Crowe's fellow Masons would think
of his behaviour.

Oh I don't know. I knew of a freemason gentlemen, and I mean it, a
darling of a man who contacted me from another forum years ago when he
found out that I was involved in housing. He and his fellow masons
wanted to provide good will, presence and money to the children of Moss
Side in Manchester. I was indeed totally gobsmacked. However, I tried
to help as much as I could and I found the nice fellow a few weeks
later giving leaflets outside ASDA with advice on sport activities the
masons where sponsoring at a nearby water leisure centre.

I therefore don't think it's all a big secret. Maybe there's some
secret deals done between members. I cannot blame them for helping each
other especially when large sums of money is involved.

Old 29-11-2005, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

I therefore don't think it's all a big secret. Maybe there's some
secret deals done between members. I cannot blame them for helping each
other especially when large sums of money is involved.

When you use the word 'Maybe'....that is a distinct understatement......one
hand washes the other.

Old 29-11-2005, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
..
"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sacha wrote:
[...]

I have been pondering on Sacha's damn stupid statements for quite some time
and have come to the conclusion that her 'so called friends and Masons' are
no longer Masons. A bold statement I know, but Provincial and Grand Lodge
have been stating for a long time that the hush hush side of Freemasonry is
dea and buried and we must be more open and tell and help the public more,
just as your friend did and does.

There is another reason why Sacha's friends and Masons are not in touch with
today's Masonic Fraternity, and that is because they are not "active"
Masons. Don't attend their Lodge for meetings, and don't make any
contribution to the Fraternity, except old aged customs. Possibly not been
inside their Lodge rooms for years and certainly don't listen to the VGO at
the Festive Board.

You have seen the true face of today's Freemasons. Forget those of the past.

Thank you for your contribution

Best wishes

Mike
The truth is starting to provail :-)) There is no substitute for it.

Old 29-11-2005, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

I therefore don't think it's all a big secret. Maybe there's some
secret deals done between members. I cannot blame them for helping each
other especially when large sums of money is involved.

When you use the word 'Maybe'....that is a distinct

understatement......one
hand washes the other as it does in the Golf Club, the Cricket Club, the

Church amongst members of the congregation and anywhere where there are
groups of people who meet regularly :-))

Old 29-11-2005, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

"Mike" wrote in message

I therefore don't think it's all a big secret. Maybe there's some
secret deals done between members. I cannot blame them for helping each
other especially when large sums of money is involved.

When you use the word 'Maybe'....that is a distinct

understatement......one
hand washes the other as it does in the Golf Club, the Cricket Club, the

Church amongst members of the congregation and anywhere where there are
groups of people who meet regularly ...........but I do believe there is
more sincere charity among the Masons than among the church goers:-))

Old 29-11-2005, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
..
"middleton.walker" wrote in message
. ..

"Mike" wrote in message

I therefore don't think it's all a big secret. Maybe there's some
secret deals done between members. I cannot blame them for helping

each
other especially when large sums of money is involved.

When you use the word 'Maybe'....that is a distinct

understatement......one
hand washes the other as it does in the Golf Club, the Cricket Club,

the
Church amongst members of the congregation and anywhere where there are
groups of people who meet regularly ...........but I do believe there

is
more sincere charity among the Masons than among the church goers:-))

Toooooooooo true!! I have seen some of the goings on of these 'Holier than
thou' people. "Look at me, I go to Church every Sunday, Morning Vicar nice
day isn't it"

:-((

Mike
The truth will prevail

Old 29-11-2005, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

.

"Mike" wrote in message

[...]

and afterwards shaft some of the very people they were praying
with.....sometimes within minutes

Old 29-11-2005, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

..
"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 29/11/05 11:35, in article , "Judith
Lea" wrote:

In article , Mike
writes
There are two wonderful version of this in relation to Freemasons. One
version within a Lodge which covers Lodge procedure and another outside

the
Lodge with covers the myth of Secrets!!!

They both came up in one of my Lodges last month :-))

I'm shocked - my family would never post regarding Freemasonry - the
Grand Master would not tolerate such irreverent comment. Furthermore,
it's not done to advertise that one is a Freemason, this is something
that all Freemasons respect and observe.

Unfortunately, given the intended focus of this group and the irrelevant
posts on Freemasonry, that has to be corrected to 'most Freemasons respect
and observe'. But I agree, I don't know of any Freemason - and I've known
several, including a Grand Master of his Lodge - who would discuss
Freemasonry in this way. I do wonder what Crowe's fellow Masons would

think
of his behaviour.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

"Secret" and "Not talked about Freemasonry" in Devon

From the Grand Lodge Devon Provincial page

REPORT OF THE PROVINCIAL GRAND CHARITY STEWARD 2005
In this my second report as Provincial Grand Charity Steward, I would like
to start by paying thanks and appreciation to Lodge Charity Stewards. Next
to a belief in a Supreme Being, Charity in all its forms is a very important
principle of Freemasonry - it is "the distinguishing characteristic of a
freemasons' heart". The Charity Steward holds one of the most important
offices in the Lodge and effectively coordinates charitable raising and
giving. All to often, Lodges just rely on a £1 coin per mason in the Alms
bag and the odd draw at the Festive Boards. Many of us still give £1, and
have done so for the last 10 or 20 years, forgetting perhaps that money has
diminished in value over that time. The more effective and enthusiastic
Charity Stewards, and usually with the full backing of the Lodge, have taken
the lead with alms collections of £2 coins or silent collections with
folding money! Many Lodges have social events such as horse racing, cheese &
wine, barn dance, hog roasts, coffee mornings, widows lunches - with wives,
partners, family, close friends and non-masons all present - these all help
to raise funds and supplement charitable giving. I would like to thank all
the Charity Stewards, and Lodges, who have given so generously to Provincial
and national Masonic charities.

The William Alexander Kneel Endowment (WAKE) fund aims to make annual
disbursements to local charities and organisations within the County of
Devon, in need of assistance. The 4th annual disbursement was made at the
Benevolent Lodge at Teignmouth in May and was the first that I personally
organised. Over 100 people attended and witnessed some 32 organisations
receive donations from the WAKE fund, ranging from £200 to £1000 with a
total of just under £17k. Organisations - both big and small - from all over
Devon attended including the North Devon Laryngectomies Club, Beacon
Wheelchair dancers and Keyham Barton Youth Orchestra (both based in
Plymouth), Dawlish Disability Transport, Brixham Swimming Pool, The Camphill
Community (Buckfastleigh), Sidmouth Lifeboat Appeal, Friends of Exeter
Cathedral and many more. Evenings such as this do much to dispel the myths
surrounding Freemasonry in the minds of the general public and help to
"promote freemasonry in the community". It was heart warming to receive so
many genuine expressions of thanks from organisations, many of which are run
on a "shoestring". The WAKE fund has now reached its £1m target value and
the Trustees are looking to maximise the income from the invested assets. We
always welcome suggestions for donations and we particularly want the names
of worthy causes, where there is a link with the Lodge or some of its
members. We have money to distribute but we need the input of Charity
Stewards and Lodge members.

As many Brethren will know, the Province of Devonshire will host the 2012
Festival for the Royal Masonic trust for Girls and Boys (RMTGB). It has been
agreed that the festival will be officially launched in 2007 (at a venue and
date still to be decided). The RMTGB aims to relieve poverty and provide an
education, and preparation for life, for the children of a family of a
freemason. Planning has involved discussion on the initial designs for the
Festival Jewel, together with possible venues and dates for the official
launch. Many Charity Stewards have asked for guidance on where charitable
giving should currently be directed. In the period running up to the
official launch of the festival in 2007, Lodges may direct charitable giving
(through Lodge donations or new individual gift aids) to the RMTGB. It must
be stressed, however, that this is a personal decision for the Lodge or an
individual mason in the case of a gift aid. Any contributions that are
made, in this way, will be credited to the Lodge and be counted to the
overall total raised.

I would like to thank the Provincial Grand Master and his Deputy for their
continued encouragement and support. The Provincial Grand Secretary, W. Bro.
David Purnell and his staff have been most helpful. I would also like to
express my appreciation to the retiring Secretary and Treasurer of the
Benevolent Fund, W. Bros Gordon Smith and Barry Franks who have both given
me excellent guidance on charitable matters. I look forward to working
closely with their successors. Can I, in conclusion, once again thank all
Lodge Charity Stewards and individual brethren for their support and
generosity in aid of Charity.

Conrad Donaldson

Provincial Grand Charity Steward

Read
Read para 2
Inwardly digest
I think an apology from you to the Devon Masons is in order, but do not
expect to receive one.

Mike
As I say, the truth will prevail

Old 29-11-2005, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

.

"Mike" wrote in message

[...]

As long as they practice safe sex---who cares?

Old 29-11-2005, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

.. Next
to a belief in a Supreme Being, .....someone posted that a question was
asked aboutbelief in God...that old me that person knew not what she/he
was saying....it refers to a Supreme Being and not God

Old 29-11-2005, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

and afterwards shaft some of the very people they were praying
with.....sometimes within minutes

As long as they practice safe sex---who cares?

If they have just been agreeing with the 10 Commandments.

If those people are young and vunerable

If there is a case of two facedness

then

Me