Old 03-08-2006, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Just a thought re pic posting

One thing which would have come out of your suggestions to change the
charter and accept photos, is a wonderful picture which we received
yesterday, and yes it is garden/flower related, which I could have

posted
and will post as/when and should you have the charter changed, and that

is
one of three photos taken at a huge RAF parade at RAF Cosford on Sunday
June
25th. Mrs Simms, wife of Air Commodore Simm OBE, Commanding Officer of

RAF
Cosford, Mrs Magee, wife of the Chairman of the RAF Association, and my
wife, wife of the President of the RAF Association, that's me, were all
presented with a beautiful basket of flowers. I could have put that up
couldn't I? But I won't because binaries are not allowed by the charter
:-))

And just after that, we had a fly past of part of the Battle of Britain
Memorial Flight :-))

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk

So you are President of the RAF Association are you.

Yes

Why should they make you President when you have never been in the RAF.

Because I founded the Association by request a few years ago and when I
stood down from Membership Secretary and Chairman before I went away on my
World Cruise in January, they made me President :-))

Come to that you were never really in the Navy, only in a shore training
base.

Oh!! What was H.M.S.Gambia? What was H.M.S.Vanguard? What were H.M.S.Teazer
and Dido and Cleopatra and Monkton and Wessex to name just a few I have
served on? And shore Establishments like Vernon and Cochrane?
Bit missing from your fascination for my life's history?

The RAF Association web site says their President is Air Marshal P O

Sturley
CB MBE BSc FRAeS

You are correct, he is President of The Royal Air ForceS Association. (As
far as I know, but I have not checked up on your information. Given that you
have my particulars wrong, these may be incorrect as well) However I will
report back after I have been to Westminster Abbey in September for the
Battle of Britain Merorial Service. I have an invitation to attend.

Explain that then Mike.

You might like to visit www.nsarfa.com to rectify your mistakes and
incorrect allusions, or should that be, illussions? You might like to gather
from the information on the site, just what the parade was all about and why
it is so popular and the Association is growing so fast, a few to start
with, and now well over 2500 members.

Please don't hesitate to come back with any quiries you might have.

And as a matter of interest, your Service experience was ? ..............

Have a nice day

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 03-08-2006, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

Oh no youre not getting away with that. You said you were "President of the
RAF Association". The RAF Association was founded in 1943 and their
president is Air Marshal P O Sturley
CB MBE BSc FRAeS.
When I type RAF Association into Google it comes up with their web site
www.rafa.org.uk. Nothing about NSARFA at all.

You have started up some club called NSARFA that is nothing to
do with The RAF Association, and you told us you are President of the RAF
Association. You are passing yourself off as something you are not.

That was a Lie and you have been found out. Admit it Mr Crowe you are a
Liar.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Before getting on your high horse, would you be so good as to tell me what
the Parade at RAF Cosford was all about? Please tell me, was it organised by
The Royal Air ForceS Association?

And your Service time, you failed to answer that one.

No I am not President of The Royal Air ForceS Association, and I have never
claimed to be such.

OK now. Please do NOT jump to conclusions. If in doubt, read the
instructions.

Once again, what was the Parade at RAF Cosford all about?

And did the Royal Air ForceS Association organise it?

:-))

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 03-08-2006, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

You might like to know, that 21 Standards of The Royal Air ForceS
Association accepted the invitation to parade and have stated that they will
be there again next year.

Next year is already booked for June 24th if you would like to attend :-))

and as I understand it, The Royal Air ForceS Association will be putting
pictures and a report in their next magazine, .......... we all work
together :-))

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 03-08-2006, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:25:40 +0100, Mike wrote:

Before getting on your high horse, would you be so good as to tell me
what
the Parade at RAF Cosford was all about? Please tell me, was it
organised by
The Royal Air ForceS Association?

And your Service time, you failed to answer that one.

No I am not President of The Royal Air ForceS Association, and I have
never
claimed to be such.

OK now. Please do NOT jump to conclusions. If in doubt, read the
instructions.

Once again, what was the Parade at RAF Cosford all about?

And did the Royal Air ForceS Association organise it?

:-))

Mike

There is no question, Mike, he has found you out.
In your fanciful piece about the flower presentation you specifically
stated that you were "President of the RAF Association". Nothing at all
about "Royal Air ForceS Association" which you only introduced later. You
words are on record and cannot be undone.
You can bluster all you like, but you did say that you were "President of
the RAF Association", and you are NOT "President of the RAF Association".

Are you the same Mike Crowe who *never knowingly lies?"

Arthur

Old 03-08-2006, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Oh dear King Arthur,

Just WHAT was the day all about?

Dooooooooo keep up and not show yourself up.

Bit of homework for you. Who or what is John Magee and what connection has
he to The Royal Air ForceS Association?

Now there's a good lad, off to do your homework

mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk

newsp.tdpjsmafq4en03@home1...

Old 03-08-2006, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message
You might like to know, that 21 Standards of The Royal Air ForceS
Association accepted the invitation to parade and have stated that they
will
be there again next year.

Next year is already booked for June 24th if you would like to attend :-))

and as I understand it, The Royal Air ForceS Association will be putting
pictures and a report in their next magazine, .......... we all work
together :-))

Mike

Thats right change the subject - same old Mike.
Is this the only time you have claimed to be President of the RAF
Association or do you do it all the time. What will the real President of
the RAF Association think about this. Im going to let them know and find
out.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thats right change the subject - same old Mike.
Is this the only time you have claimed to be President of the RAF
Association or do you do it all the time. What will the real President of
the RAF Association think about this. Im going to let them know and find
out.

Interesting to know the outcome of that :-))

Have words with their Membership Secretary and their PRO whilst you are at
it. Both have written to me wanting a closer contact and working with them.
At the present moment, The Royal Air ForceS Association, know as RAFA, are
losing members and we are gaining them like mad. (Visit our website
www.nsrafa.com and contact the Membership Secretary for the latest numbers)

RAFA requested a 'merger' for the want of a better word, a couple of years
ago and it was put to our AGM and thrown out, 'work with them' was agreed
and as such we do :-)) but the members do not want to merge.

You might also like to have a chat with Robin Green, Chairman of Maidstone
Branch of The Royal Air ForceS Association, he was at RAF Cosford and was at
the Hotel we booked for the weekend. He will tell you all about the
Association and its Presidency, I would hate you get it all wrong and I feel
that you have a great opportunity to correct your misconceptions

When you get through to Robin or Head Office, either my email, letter or
even telephone, (you have the details do you? www.rafa.org will give it to
you) give them my regards.

Mike
Associate Member of RAFA :-))

www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 03-08-2006, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , Mike
writes

You might like to visit www.nsarfa.com to rectify your mistakes

Server not found.

Presumably you are so familiar with your organisation that you failed to
type "nsrafa"!

Dyslecticts (sp) rule KO
My apologies. Finger error.

However, the website clearly states that it is the "National Service
(RAF) Association", so why did you call it "The RAF Association" which
is, as has been pointed out, a completely different organisation?

--
Malcolm

And what was the day all about?

Which RAF Association organised it?

What is the last Sunday in June designated?

And your Service time was ? ....................

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 03-08-2006, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:41:26 +0100, Fisherman
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
You might like to know, that 21 Standards of The Royal Air ForceS
Association accepted the invitation to parade and have stated that they
will
be there again next year.

Next year is already booked for June 24th if you would like to attend
:-))

and as I understand it, The Royal Air ForceS Association will be putting
pictures and a report in their next magazine, .......... we all work
together :-))

Mike

Thats right change the subject - same old Mike.
Is this the only time you have claimed to be President of the RAF
Association or do you do it all the time. What will the real President of
the RAF Association think about this. Im going to let them know and find
out.

I don't think there is any need to do that. They are a busy charity and
don't need to be diverted from their work.

But you have done us a service in showing Mike up to be the imposter that
he is. Thank you.

Arthur

Old 03-08-2006, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I don't think there is any need to do that. They are a busy charity and
don't need to be diverted from their work.

But you have done us a service in showing Mike up to be the imposter that
he is. Thank you.

Arthur

Well done Arthur. I final little wriggle wriggle :-))

:-))

Happy now?

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 03-08-2006, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/8/06 14:14, in article op.tdplq8wkq4en03@home1, "Arthur"
wrote:

snip

But you have done us a service in showing Mike up to be the imposter that
he is. Thank you.

It's one of his commercial ventures:
"NS(RAF)A re union and Parade, Cosford June 24 / 25th 2006*
All inclusive weekend at a Hotel in Coventry with a trip out on the Saturday
to a place of interest and a Coach to the NS(RAF)A re union and Parade at
the RAF Museum, Cosford on the Sunday.
Ideal for those members who wish to travel by Rail to Coventry and then have
access to the Cosford day without any driving involved.
For details and a booking form for this event contact:
Isle of Wight Tours Ltd. 3 New Road. Lake, Sandown, Isle of Wight. PO36 9JN.
Tel: 01983 405116."
The site also gives links to cheap holidays in the IoW.
http://www.seniorsnetwork.co.uk/forces/nsrafa/index.htm

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 03-08-2006, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

www.rnshipmates.co.uk

DARE "I" please correct you Sacha?

Not one of MY commercial ventures. I don't have them. I am retired, and
believe it or not, no you won't, this is done for the ex service people.
This is a hobby :-))

I already pay Tax on my pensions, so any 'commercial venture', as you put
it, will be swallowed up in Tax. Now as a respected and well known business
woman, you know that is not a very good thing :-(((

I spend money so as not to leave any for Mr Brown :-(( I go on cruises etc
:-)) Got two more booked yet, one on the new Cunard Queen Victoria, 5
Staterooms booked don't you know, on her Canaries Maiden Cruise, now fully
booked I believe.

I do hope you don't mind me correcting you, I know you would just HATE to be
wrong.

Have a nice day

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 03-08-2006, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:59:33 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

Why should they make you President when you have never been in the RAF.

Because I founded the Association by request a few years ago and when I
stood down from Membership Secretary and Chairman before I went away on

my
World Cruise in January, they made me President :-))

http://www.seniorsnetwork.co.uk/forces/nsrafa/index.htm

"The NS(RAF)A was formed in 2000 by a few ex RAF National Servicemen
who thought that the era when National Service was common to all, was
being forgotten - allied to that was the time factor which makes it
necessary for this Association to be active now before it is too late
for many of us."

and the first volunteer to come forward who really put the Association on
the map was a chap by the name of Graham Weaver. Then Pat Honey came forward
and there was no turning back.

As I said from the Rostram at the Parade at RAF Cosford after the Chairman
John Magee thanked me for starting the Association, 'It wasn't really me, it
was Graham Weaver who grabbed it by the tail and shook some life into it. I
only wrote the letters to the local newspapers and pointed out the new
Association. You have Graham, Brian Hooper for the magazine, Brian Welstead
who as Treasurer has looked after the accounts in which there is now in
excess of £20,000.00. THEY are the driving force of the Association. I only
wrote the letters to the papers'

It might interest you nit pickers to know, that the Association in my
signature, the Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association, has also 'been
started by me', but I will be standing down as soon as a Secretary,
Treasurer, Membership Secretary etc etc have been found. I have wwritten to
nearly 2000, OK nit pickers, 1855 Local Newspapers and we have nearly 200
members already.

Someone in the past has pointed out that these are 'money making scams' for
me. Not too much detective work will find out where I am. Mike Crowe PO36
8PG is my postal address, the rest is on www.nsrafa.com (think I got it
right this time). I wonder why none of the nit pickers have informed the
Inland Revenue :-)) Mud in their face if they do :-)))

Mike
(But you knew that didn't you?)

Next nit pick question please.
You set 'em up, I will knock 'em down :-)))

www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 03-08-2006, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Come to that you were never really in the Navy, only in a shore training
base.

Oh!! What was H.M.S.Gambia? What was H.M.S.Vanguard? What were

H.M.S.Teazer
and Dido and Cleopatra and Monkton and Wessex to name just a few I have
served on? And shore Establishments like Vernon and Cochrane?
Bit missing from your fascination for my life's history?

:-((

We don't appear to have an answer to this 'nit pick' do we?

Now I wonder why :-))))

Funny how they drop out isn't it? :-))

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk