Old 18-11-2006, 06:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Kill filing

"WaltA" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 23:57:28 -0000, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" wrote:

Alan -novice gardeners and newbies to the group need to be made

aware of
things like Puke and the bad advice that she dishes out.

Unmoderated usenet newsgroups are an anarchy, not a democracy nor an
autocracy.

I hold no particular candle for La Puce, but did anyone notice how
calm and collected the newsgroup became when 'the usual suspects'
gathered up their toys and left ?

Eh? I think you've got a short memory. Idiot nymshifters like
Dementor and Nasty Mike never stopped posting and sodding Puke
returned far too quickly despite her promises. And to add insult to
the leaver's injury, she was greeted by people who should know better.

The group who left in high dudgeon do the group no respect if they

all
rush back in with this interminable nonsense.
Now that 'they' have 'returned' it is to further disrespect the

group
by continuing their vendetta, not to benifit the group with their
(reputed) gardening wisdom !

The group who left in high dudgeon were and are quite entitled to
feel aggrieved by Puke's behaviour. It is totally illogical of you to
state that newsgroups are an "anarchy" and to then witter on about the
group being deserving of "respect" from those who left. The leavers
got no respect from Puke and her posts and behaviour have always
caused anarchy here (and not only in htis ng as I know from
experience).

PS. it is childish as well as lacking in intellect to continue
renaming a person as Puke instead of La Puce.

Personally I think that view is a load of ********. Puke's behaviour
is far more irritating than that of a mere flea: it's sick making.
Puke complained to someone's employer and she went stalking someone!
This is not sane or reasonable behaviour and deserves no respect from
anyone - only condemnation.

Old 18-11-2006, 06:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow contains these

words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Alan Holmes"

contains
these words:

And it's !PLONK!

Oh, the power, the power!

I recall reading somewhere that in a home computer, there was more
computer capacity than was used to send Man to the moon.

So, thanks to Mr Microsoft, I can now killfile people such as Puke

and
her encouragers like Uncle Marvo and Dementor and Nasty Mike etc.

And
I can do so till the cows come home because I have so much bang

for my
buck on this wee machine. Life is grand, or would be if the

frosts
would stop.

Oh, hang on to them for a wee while, huh? I've still got some bulbs
to plant in the new beds...which the local cats have now discovered.

8-(

How easy would it be to put an airgun pellet in the rear quarters
of a moggie, from 15 yards, d'you reckon? (I'm more used to

shooting
arrows!) g

I wouldn't normally mind so much, but that 20' cypressus took two
whole weekends of damned hard work to clear out, and I didn't plan
on having a feline toilet in its place.... 8-(

--
AnneJ

Old 18-11-2006, 06:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"michael adams" wrote in message

And do you think constantly referring to her as Puke, is the best

way
to go about achieving that objective ?

Michael, I think you are being disingenuous. Puke has been asked
nicely and she has been asked nastily to disappear or to modify her
behaviour. And this has been done a number of times. Nothing works
so whatever she is called is irrelevant.

I could see some point to your comment about not calling her Puke, IF
Puce was her real name. It isn't. No one is playing with her sense
of self identity except for herself. As you also probably know the
history, she's changed that identity a number of times.

Old 18-11-2006, 06:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message

And I would like just to say this - while I have every sympathy

with
those
who kill file persistent cross posting and off topic trolls,

(snip)
I understand their reasons for doing so and I sympathise with

their
impatience with her methods but she, Puke, DID come here

purporting
to give
gardening advice. As a result of that, she should have been

read
and
watched when it became apparent that much of what she wrote was

not
good
advice at all.

Puke was watched Sacha. Her lack of knowledge became evident

fairly
quickly. You know she didn't like it when called to account

either,
but what happened - she is STILL here and the best and brightest

left.

If everyone who objected to her behaviour - and I do mean

*everyone* - had
both sat on her firmly as soon as she started her misleading, lying,
insulting and swearing behaviour, we might not have lost those

people.

I disagree. A lot of people cannot stomach any form of disagreement
or what they see as disagreement/unpleasantness and there are also
many who also do not feel up to stating their views strongly and
clearly. I'm not one of them but they are VERY numerous. If you
expect everyone to get on their hind legs to provide support then I
can tell you that such an expectation will be just as devisive as
Puke's behaviour.

And that was the worst thing to happen in this ng. The most

knowledge
and experienced of UK gardening CHOSE to leave. Deliberately

chose!

I chose to leave because I was absolutely disgusted at the treatment

meted
out of Judith, the filthy language and insults to someone who never,
herself, behaves that way and the lies told about her by a proven

liar. And
a major contributing factor in my decision to leave was the fact

that those
who know Judith, like her and have been either RL or cyber friends

of hers
for years, described that piece of newsgroup terrorism as a

catfight or
nothing to do with them or stupid women who should be kill filed.

That was
a disgraceful way to treat Judith and it was cruel and unkind.

I agreee that the behaviour of Puke to Judith was nothing short of
disgusting, and some idiots wrote some ridiculous things. BUT, to
blame the whole group, many of whom had their killfile in operation
and many of whom weren't even reading all the threads is simply
unrealistic.

Puke just isn't worth it. Judith must know from her own inbox and
from the people who she did value here, just how those who are "worth
it" viewed her and thought of her. The rest just don't matter. It's
about "hearth dwellers" and "fringe dwellers" (really just knowing how
to sort the trees from the wood).

Old 18-11-2006, 07:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"WaltA" wrote
I'm sorry, I can resist no longer !
Rupert Alan -novice gardeners and newbies to the group need to be
made aware

"newbies" in any usenet newsgroup have no business being there if they
cannot distinguish sensible posters from 'the rest'.
Unmoderated usenet newsgroups are an anarchy, not a democracy nor an
autocracy.

I hold no particular candle for La Puce, but did anyone notice how
calm and collected the newsgroup became when 'the usual suspects'
gathered up their toys and left ? ( well, didnt actually leave, but
hung around awhile to see how their denial of service would deprive us
all,, and how many regretful posthumous adulations would result,,,
vanity is a word that comes to mind )

The group who left in high dudgeon do the group no respect if they all
rush back in with this interminable nonsense.
Now that 'they' have 'returned' it is to further disrespect the group
by continuing their vendetta, not to benifit the group with their
(reputed) gardening wisdom !

PS. it is childish as well as lacking in intellect to continue
renaming a person as Puke instead of La Puce.

Very wisely and succinctly put WaltA!
I totally agree with every word.
Jenny

Old 18-11-2006, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"WaltA" wrote in message

... but did anyone notice how
calm and collected the newsgroup became when 'the usual suspects'
gathered up their toys and left ?

I did,what's more I didn't suffer from lack of expertise.

The group who left in high dudgeon do the group no respect if they all
rush back in with this interminable nonsense.
Now that 'they' have 'returned' it is to further disrespect the group
by continuing their vendetta, not to benifit the group with their
(reputed) gardening wisdom !

Yes, I've done some blocking to keep it sweet. It's been a pleasure reading
posts in the last few weeks.

PS. it is childish as well as lacking in intellect to continue
renaming a person as Puke instead of La Puce.

I agree.

Now, about my asparagus, can an experienced grower tell me what I should do
with it in the winter? We had a very hard frost last night and while it
seems to have survived well the stalks and fronds might break under snow.

Mary

Old 18-11-2006, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

(I'm more used to shooting
arrows!) g

Are you? I didn't know that ... but would like to know more. Mail might be
better.

Mary

Old 18-11-2006, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

(I'm more used to shooting
arrows!) g

Are you? I didn't know that ... but would like to know more. Mail might be
better.

As I would like to know more too, perhaps it had better be here. A good
friend of mine teaches archery.
--
June Hughes
Old 18-11-2006, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

Now, about my asparagus, can an experienced grower tell me what I should do
with it in the winter? We had a very hard frost last night and while it
seems to have survived well the stalks and fronds might break under snow.

Have you tried a bit of fleece, Mary?
We haven't had snow but I have looked at my asparagus this morning and
it is OK. I planted it from seed some 16 years ago and as I have
neglected it, the stalks are generally very thin and weedy. If you
blink, you miss them.
--
June Hughes
Old 18-11-2006, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Anne Jackson
writes

Oh, hang on to them for a wee while, huh? I've still got some bulbs
to plant in the new beds...which the local cats have now discovered. 8-(

How easy would it be to put an airgun pellet in the rear quarters
of a moggie, from 15 yards, d'you reckon? (I'm more used to shooting
arrows!) g

As it archery? I am impressed. Why don't you just use arrows instead?
Alternatively, a seriously strong water pistol would probably work well
if you can catch them at it.
I wouldn't normally mind so much, but that 20' cypressus took two
whole weekends of damned hard work to clear out, and I didn't plan
on having a feline toilet in its place.... 8-(

That is a shame. Cats can be a real pain sometimes. I sympathise.
--
June Hughes

Old 18-11-2006, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Farm1 wrote:
Puke complained to someone's employer and she went stalking someone!

Not true. Judith Lea rang my office asking for my husband. I off course
told her to go and fry herself an egg. She rang again and I put the
phone down. She admitted it herself. Then when I thought it was over my
colleague in London forwarded me an email she had wrote to him. This
man is my friend for over 20 years. We have built a company togehter.
What on earth did she think that he would tell me to stop posting to
urg?

Then I wrote to Judith Lea's employer because you see I am the director
of my company and she can't do nothing about that.

As for visiting Sacha in Devon, we were working in St Ives and we went
with the kids to the lost gardens of heligan. From the A38 it is not
even a detour to to to Sacha's nursery. We went there and my kids
didn't want me to meet 'the horrible lady from usenet'.

This is not sane or reasonable behaviour and deserves no respect from
anyone - only condemnation.

Just try to see the whole picture and stop taking sides.

Old 18-11-2006, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Farm1 wrote:
Puke has been asked
nicely and she has been asked nastily to disappear or to modify her
behaviour.

Not true. You have crossed me a few times but I have ignored you. Then
you have been pleasant and out of the blue you are aggressive again and
call me by other names than my name. And what behaviour are you talking
about? If you cross someone do you expect them to be nice to you? What
a strange world you live in.

And this has been done a number of times. Nothing works
so whatever she is called is irrelevant.

What can I say other than you seem to enjoy this.

I could see some point to your comment about not calling her Puke, IF
Puce was her real name. It isn't.

Farm1 is this your name or is it Fran? I've had my nickname since I'm a
child because I'm little, very little. On usenet it has been my name
for over 15 years. I am what I am.

No one is playing with her sense
of self identity except for herself. As you also probably know the
history, she's changed that identity a number of times.

That is simply not true. When I changed server I had problems with my
address. It had been picked up by spam something cronic. So for a
couple of weeks I used another tatadangleterre which I use with my
family as an address. My name is above, my surname is above. I have
nothing to hide, but you seem to have, Fran.

Old 18-11-2006, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"michael adams" wrote in message

And do you think constantly referring to her as Puke, is the best

way
to go about achieving that objective ?

Michael, I think you are being disingenuous.

May I suggest you try looking in a dictionary, before you start using
long words whose actual you maybe unaware of ?

disingenouous - insincere, lacking in frankness, or honesty
fraudulent

Puke has been asked
nicely and she has been asked nastily to disappear or to modify her
behaviour. And this has been done a number of times. Nothing works
so whatever she is called is irrelevant.

I could see some point to your comment about not calling her Puke, IF
Puce was her real name. It isn't. No one is playing with her sense
of self identity except for herself. As you also probably know the
history, she's changed that identity a number of times.

I also suggest you get a clue about Usenet, and the way it actually works.

Trolls like nothing better than to see other posters expressing their
displeasure. She must really "hate" being called Puke. Oh yes of course
she does ! Puce would never act in such a way as to cause people
to call her rude names now would she ? Oh no of course she wouldn't!
Which then gives her yet another pretext to whinge and adopt a pose
of injured self righteosness. The penny might finally drop with some
people eventually. But somehow I doubt it.

Much of that last paragraph is supposed to be ironical BTW. Just
in case.

One thing you can be sure of, is that trolls don't operate
kill files. And so yet again, she can witness other posters arguing
among themselves

Well you can argue with yourself on this one. I can only suggest you
try and persuade someone to buy you a dictionary for Christmas.
And in the meantime, so as not to give further succour to the troll,
you too can go in the cupboard.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

michael adams

Old 18-11-2006, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

Now, about my asparagus, can an experienced grower tell me what I should
do
with it in the winter? We had a very hard frost last night and while it
seems to have survived well the stalks and fronds might break under snow.

Have you tried a bit of fleece, Mary?

No, but I have lots, I'll give it a go, thanks.

We haven't had snow but I have looked at my asparagus this morning and it
is OK. I planted it from seed some 16 years ago and as I have neglected
it, the stalks are generally very thin and weedy. If you blink, you miss
them.

Mine's due for its first (limited) cropping next year, I'll have to exercise
a lot of self restraint :-) But as you know I have lots of that.

Mary
she of the long nose ...

Old 18-11-2006, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/11/06 10:24, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

snip

As for visiting Sacha in Devon, we were working in St Ives and we went
with the kids to the lost gardens of heligan. From the A38 it is not
even a detour to to to Sacha's nursery. We went there and my kids
didn't want me to meet 'the horrible lady from usenet'.

More lies. It is 2.5 miles of narrow twisting lanes off the A38 to reach
our nursery. What is more you have to found out how to get here before you
left the A38 because it is not signposted from the route you took. On top
of that, no normal person would drive from St Austell in Cornwall home to
Manchester, via the road to Ashburton!

So in every sense, you went out of your way to get here. On top of that,
having your photograph taken in front of the entry signs is exceedingly
peculiar behaviour, especially as you posted a link to it on here. And
finally, I have never heard boys refer to people in that fashion past the
age of about 6. You say they're 17 and 11.

You did what you did to try to intimidate me - failed - and to show the
group what a 'big woman' you are. Failed again. As has become clear here
on the last few days, the majority of people other than your shape-shifting
troll friend, have no time for you and have the measure of you. If nothing
else, that is one good thing that has come out of this sorry mess.

Oh and one last thing - you are lying about the swearing you did to Judith
and give yourself away every time you refer to it. The expression 'va te
faire cuire un oeuf' is indeed a piece of filthy language in French and
yesterday, another urgler who speaks French emailed me saying the same thing
and saying they knew what you are as soon as they saw you had posted in that
way. I gave the colloquial meaning of that phrase at the time and I posted
a link to the information. At the time, you stated that your husband had
told you to say that to Judith. Now you have changed your story and tell us
that YOU said that to Judith on the phone. Liars always trips themselves up
eventually.

Now, Helene Rudlin, that is the end of you. Like Judith, I'll come back to
urg when I'm ready to and unless you give bad information to newbies, I will
ignore you. And if you start swearing and ranting at me again, I too, like
Judith, will deal with the matter privately and directly.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk