Old 20-02-2007, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default More rosemary

On 20/2/07 10:10, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

On 19 Feb, 16:37, Sacha wrote:
Burncoose have also had a photo from me and I'm waiting to hear back from
them. They say the one in their car park is Jackman's Prostrate

Would it have been simpler to beleive me in the first place - or at
least just thank me for some suggestions? Only too glad you're finding
what you're looking for. I only know too well the frustration of this.

It would indeed have been simpler if you had read the many sentences in
which I said that a) you might turn out to be right but b) I could not
reasonably take your word for it when you had never seen this rosemary and
c) your manner of posting and insulting and haranguing all those who will
not bow to your every word was not so alienating.

NONE of your suggestions, other than this possibility, were even faintly
like what I was looking for, so please don't start again telling us that
you're an expert on a plant you've never laid eyes on.

And finally, I have heard back from Burncoose who say that they cannot be
sure the Salcombe rosemary is the one they have. IOW, nobody is yet certain
as to what it is and may never be.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 20-02-2007, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19/2/07 17:08, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:

On 19/2/07 16:37, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:

snip
we went over to Salcombe today to the house he was
thinking of and took a photo of the rosemary there. Olivier Filippi says he
seriously doubts it's R. Barcelona because that one gets damaged by frost
even in his trial garden and he says it's not worth photographing.
However, I've sent him a photograph of the Salcombe one and promised him
some cuttings if it isn't one he has.

snip

O. Filippi thinks it is close to R. Barcelona now he's seen the photos -
hard to tell from photos. He's asked for some cuttings to trial it at his
place, so I'm posting some to him tomorrow. Cottage Nursery in Lincolnshire
are no longer listing R. Jackman's Prostrate on their web site.

Here's a photo of this mysterious rosemary. Quite apart from what its
proper name is, it's a remarkable plant! My son's put it up for me on our
web site - ignore the bit about the car, he has a strange sense of humour at
times!
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk/salcombe.htm

Old 20-02-2007, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 20/2/07 10:10, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

On 19 Feb, 16:37, Sacha wrote:
[...]

I seem to remember that you were not going to reply any more? or that you
were going to let it drop?

ANOTHER lie :-((

Oh dear. Not very good at your word :-((

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 20-02-2007, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20 Feb, 11:49, Sacha wrote:
It would indeed have been simpler if you had read the many sentences in
which I said that a) you might turn out to be right but b) I could not
reasonably take your word for it when you had never seen this rosemary and
c) your manner of posting and insulting and haranguing all those who will
not bow to your every word was not so alienating.

I won't start a fight again. a) you told me none of my suggestions
where remotely like what you described, b) you've never heard of
Jackman's. I told you it's the one growing in Bruncoose carpark! Now
they've told you so. From your description it sounded it.

NONE of your suggestions, other than this possibility, were even faintly
like what I was looking for, so please don't start again telling us that
you're an expert on a plant you've never laid eyes on.

Your picture in salcombe IS Blue rain. Do you want to bait? That was
my third suggestion.

And finally, I have heard back from Burncoose who say that they cannot be
sure the Salcombe rosemary is the one they have.

No but what they have in the car park is Jackman's and you've mislead
everybody in thinking I was talking rubbish. I want an apologie. I
want you to say that you shouldn't have said that all my suggestions
were rubbish because in the end 3 of my suggestions are still a
possibility, 1 is the right one and your picture is Blue Rain, I'm
certain.

Old 20-02-2007, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20 Feb, 12:19, "La Puce" wrote:
Your picture in salcombe IS Blue rain. Do you want to bait?

I meant 'do you want to bet', not bait ... off course.

Old 20-02-2007, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article .com, La
Puce says...
On 20 Feb, 12:19, "La Puce" wrote:
Your picture in salcombe IS Blue rain. Do you want to bait?

I meant 'do you want to bet', not bait ... off course.

Oh for goodness sake. Why don't you both just grow up?
Old 20-02-2007, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20 Feb, 13:15, Steve wrote:
Oh for goodness sake. Why don't you both just grow up?

Sorry to have rattled your cage - but I didn't intend anything else -
I wrote the wrong word! Maintenant si tu veux parler le francais je
n'ai aucun probleme, though nobody else would be able to understand
us ;o) I really am sorry to have annoyed you.

Old 20-02-2007, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/2/07 12:19, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

On 20 Feb, 11:49, Sacha wrote:
It would indeed have been simpler if you had read the many sentences in
which I said that a) you might turn out to be right but b) I could not
reasonably take your word for it when you had never seen this rosemary and
c) your manner of posting and insulting and haranguing all those who will
not bow to your every word was not so alienating.

I won't start a fight again. a) you told me none of my suggestions
where remotely like what you described, b) you've never heard of
Jackman's. I told you it's the one growing in Bruncoose carpark! Now
they've told you so. From your description it sounded it.

I despair of you. I have told you categorically that I have not seen the
rosemary at Burncoose, so am in no position to identify it as anyything.
Burncoose have NOT identified this one at Salcombe as Backman's Prostrate.

NONE of your suggestions, other than this possibility, were even faintly
like what I was looking for, so please don't start again telling us that
you're an expert on a plant you've never laid eyes on.

Your picture in salcombe IS Blue rain. Do you want to bait? That was
my third suggestion.

Here is a description of R. Blue Rain
Blue Rain Rosemary
Rosmarinus officinalis 'Blue Rain'
Uses: Culinary/Medicinal/Beverage/Aromatic
Duration: Perennial (hardy in zones 8-10)
n outstanding trailing variety for hanging baskets and patio pots. The
³runners² reaching 45-60cm (18-24²) become loaded with light blue flowers
and stay in bloom for longer than most other rosemary varieties.

and here is another:

8.**Rosmarinus officinalis ŒProstratus¹ ŒBlue Rain¹ Prostrate Rosemary*
Prostrate habit, compact growth.*Covered with deep coloured* blue flowers in
spring. Very popular. Looks good in rockeries and trailing from ornamental
chimney pots

NB, runners of 18-24" and compact growth, rockeries, pots etc. The one in
Salcombe is trailing something like 10 feet from the top of the wall to the
ground. It is not therefore, R. Blue Rain.
There is no way this rosemary grows to 2' and then stops, or even allowing
for mild conditions, 5' and stops. It has actually grown across that car
parking area at the house in Salcombe and been clipped back.

And finally, I have heard back from Burncoose who say that they cannot be
sure the Salcombe rosemary is the one they have.

No but what they have in the car park is Jackman's and you've mislead
everybody in thinking I was talking rubbish. I want an apologie. I
want you to say that you shouldn't have said that all my suggestions
were rubbish because in the end 3 of my suggestions are still a
possibility, 1 is the right one and your picture is Blue Rain, I'm
certain.

You can want all you like. I did not discuss the rosemary at Burncoose as
being identified with certainty because I have never seen it. Have you? If
so, I wonder why you have not said so. Perhaps you will now!
I repeated my position over and over again, saying I could not accept that
as an ID for the plant in Salcombe because I have never seen the one at
Burncoose. YOU are the one harping on about Burncoose, not I.
It is Charlie who suggested it *might* be the same as the one at Burncoose,
not I but they, themselves, do not identify it as that. I really do wonder
why it is you cannot read and understand such obvious information.
And now please, drop this insistence that you must be correct about a plant
you haven't seen in a garden you don't know and please don't attempt to
identify any other plants I write about. Just ignore my posts.

Old 20-02-2007, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

Just ignore my posts.
--

Sacha

POT

KETTLE

BLACK

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 20-02-2007, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20 Feb, 14:56, Sacha wrote:
I despair of you. I have told you categorically that I have not seen the
rosemary at Burncoose, so am in no position to identify it as anyything.
Burncoose have NOT identified this one at Salcombe as Backman's Prostrate.

Bruncoose told you that in their carpark they have Jackman's, as I had
also told you. The one on the picture you've posted is Blue Rain. And
that's my final word on this.

Old 20-02-2007, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20 Feb, 17:08, Martin wrote:
Are you confusing it with Backman's Prostate? Google does.

No I'm not Martin. I was right and that's that. She barked at me when
I offered some suggestions. I remained polite saying that being told
'that it wasn't remotely close' to what had been described and then
being told that in fact it was ... I'm so confused by the hypocrisy
and the going on, this kind of situations never arrises in my daily
life, ever. It's her problem, surely, but certainly not mine.

Just returned from a seed sharing party - got meself some G.
psilostemon, lathyrus niger and odoratus, and the scabiosa I wanted
for years 'Nana' in remembrance to our she cat who died 2 years ago.
I've sown some Peer Gynt sprouts and visited 3 friends and perhaps
cycled 10 miles. All in all a fantastic day off )

Old 20-02-2007, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 20, 5:08 pm, Martin wrote:
On 20 Feb 2007 07:26:57 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:

On 20 Feb, 14:56, Sacha wrote:
I despair of you. I have told you categorically that I have not seen the
rosemary at Burncoose, so am in no position to identify it as anyything.
Burncoose have NOT identified this one at Salcombe as Backman's Prostrate.

Bruncoose told you that in their carpark they have Jackman's, as I had
also told you. The one on the picture you've posted is Blue Rain. And
that's my final word on this.

Are you confusing it with Backman's Prostate? Google does.
--

Martin

I'm only following this half way as I do not take one of the party's
posts, not Sacha, I hasten to add. I have Googled and I think it is
now clear to everyone that the unmentioned poster has made a mistake,
we all make mistakes, it's no big problem but the error is in not
admitting to it.

JudithL at home

Old 20-02-2007, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20 Feb, 18:40, "
wrote:
I'm only following this half way

So stop interfering then! You've started all your posts today about
not 'mentioning' the person, not 'seeing' her posts, not 'gettting
involved' etc. but you do because that's all you do, pocking your nose
in all the time. You even took a 10 days old post 'RSH seeds' to
answer Kay so that you would be seen agreeing with her about a subject
that is very close to my heart. Do you think we're stupid or
something?

cue Mrs The Minister

Rosemary problem CP Texas 4 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Ailing Rosemary Officianis RichardS United Kingdom 13 26-03-2003 11:08 AM
[IBC] Rosemary Claudio Fierro Bonsai 11 21-03-2003 02:56 PM
Rosemary mold/mildew? Jack Curry Edible Gardening 5 12-03-2003 03:56 PM
Planting new rosemary bush/shrub Anita Blanchard Gardening 1 04-02-2003 09:16 PM