Old 02-03-2007, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default urg meet

In article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
writes

What ! A meeting of just two people. What a horrible thought if those two
bred:-)

Well not so unusual. Last Meet I held there were 32 people planned to
come and then 26 dropped out within the preceding week! (Broken limbs,
collecting relatives, colds, work and probably just lost interest!)

We still had a good time and an awful lot of food
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 02-03-2007, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Anne Jackson
writes

I'll have a fiver on me and June.

You've lost then
Old 02-03-2007, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article .com,
" writes

she only appreciates the genuine article so maybe you are right.

Judith

Or maybe us antiques

Old 02-03-2007, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin
writes

A: As a warning IOW man's head will be impaled on a spear over the main gate,
boiling essential oils will be poured from the battlements.
memories of Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Oh we're offering aromatherapy at the meeting as well as food and
plants? Sounds great
Old 02-03-2007, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 1/3/07 10:42, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

snip

I'm ashamed of you. ;-)) Imagine taking a whole week end to yourselves.

;-)
So from Plymouth to you means about 2.5 hours from us altogether. It

would
probably be helpful to you both if people let you know very soon if

they're
going to come on down to you, no?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

We reckon we did the whole trip in 2 hours and as you know we drive a van,
in a half decent car should be quicker!
Yes if everyone could stop shouting at one another long enough to say
whether they are interested it would be helpful :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 02-03-2007, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 Mar, 11:34, Martin wrote:
I call it Puce.

Oy! With all the hens about, your plumage is magnificent. Just watch
you don't fall off your perch ;o)

Old 02-03-2007, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 Mar, 22:21, Martin wrote:
on the midden?

Guano.

Cockadoodle do!

You mad fella you ))

Old 08-03-2007, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
writes

What ! A meeting of just two people. What a horrible thought if those two
bred:-)

Well not so unusual. Last Meet I held there were 32 people planned to come
and then 26 dropped out within the preceding week! (Broken limbs,
collecting relatives, colds, work and probably just lost interest!)

We still had a good time and an awful lot of food

What did I miss out on, all that food going to waste!

Alan

Old 08-03-2007, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 09:29:14 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Sue
writes

Hardly. It was just bitchy and silly. Obviously anyone hosting a meet on
their own property is at liberty to include or exclude anyone they wish.

Not to mention the fact that if you can't exclude some people from a
meet on your own property then no one would feel happy about holding
them! After all it's not a public Meeting in a Park or Gardens which
would be something completely different.
I didn't know that 'Meet' had a rigid definition! After all (to be
pedantic) an Annual General Meeting excludes all but those on a fully
paid up Membership List.

If people have an objection to a Meeting's venue or Guest List then
perhaps another Meeting could be arranged by someone else to include
those that feel excluded?

or even to exclude those that are at present included?

A completely unneccessary comment.

Alan

--

Martin

Old 08-03-2007, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 1, 11:16 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:

That was crude,Anne, to all who don;t speak Gaelic, Anne said Kiss my
A***l
How can I translate that, because I am educated. g

Admit it! You were a Shane MacGowan fan...! ;-)

Who on earth is Shane McGowan????

p.s. you got the spelling wrong.

You reckon? You're an expert on spelling, of course...? G

Yes, of course I am, I went to a Convent, did n't you? G

No, I tried to get in, but for some inexplicable reason they wouldn't open
the door for me!

Alan

Old 08-03-2007, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "p.k." contains these words:
Anne Jackson wrote:

I'll have a fiver on me and June.

What was it you said about blankets, pot, kettle, black?

Oh, but it's Sacha who appears to have an equal dislike of the both
of us.

Perhaps we're not 'pretentious' enough... G

Please, give it a rest. Perhaps you amuse yourself by your rancid
witterings, mabye you think you amuse others, in truth you are
pathetic and VERY boring.

Pogue mo chone!

Alas, from your perspective, I will not descend to your level of abuse.

But thank you for confirming so clearly that you are pathetic and VERY
boring.

Don't bother with another insulting reply, I ain't interested in long
futile
flame wars, especially with someone whose head is so far up their own
they
could not kiss it if they tried.

oops, I did descend to the level I said I wouldn't, I must develop more
will power!

I rather think it's more 'won't' power that you need...now FOAD, malacca!

I don't understand why you are posting this sort of thing, from experience,
I know you are very pleasant in the flesh.

Alan

Devon urg meet Sacha United Kingdom 2 16-05-2007 07:36 PM
misinformation about urg meet here Sacha United Kingdom 2 25-02-2007 06:14 PM
URG meet 2007? Sacha United Kingdom 10 19-09-2006 03:18 PM
Parallel lines in agriculture do meet? Phred sci.agriculture 7 30-03-2003 05:44 PM
++ Meet More Women Easily With Pheromones ++ [email protected] Ponds 0 25-01-2003 03:33 PM