Old 11-06-2012, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default T & M sales no delivery

Way way back in late winter i responded to an advert from T & M for a
hardy orchid collection as a present for someone whose birthday was in
April. Delivery was said to be early March, then an email to say April
then an email to say May since then ... zilch from the company and no
response to my emails .

Bit miffed as you have to pay up front.

Still waiting, so not sure what they are doing to the plants and
presumably every other customer is still waiting as well?
--
Janet Tweedy

Old 11-06-2012, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/06/2012 10:03, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Way way back in late winter i responded to an advert from T & M for a
hardy orchid collection as a present for someone whose birthday was in
April. Delivery was said to be early March, then an email to say April
then an email to say May since then ... zilch from the company and no
response to my emails .

Bit miffed as you have to pay up front.

Still waiting, so not sure what they are doing to the plants and
presumably every other customer is still waiting as well?

Try elsewhere next time. Good companies do not take money from your CC
until the items are posted. I had delays with Ashridge Trees for some
lavender. Reasonable as they cannot make them grow in adverse weather,
however they kept me fully informed and took no payment until posting.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:03:48 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

Way way back in late winter i responded to an advert from T & M for a
hardy orchid collection as a present for someone whose birthday was in
April. Delivery was said to be early March, then an email to say April
then an email to say May since then ... zilch from the company and no
response to my emails .

Bit miffed as you have to pay up front.

Still waiting, so not sure what they are doing to the plants and
presumably every other customer is still waiting as well?

T&M's customer service is rubbish (I'm being kind!), often arrogant. I
no longer buy from them, however tempting the offer.

I find most of the bulk-plug sellers (e.g. Dobies, Jersey Plants)
charge at point of ordering. I presume that having the money in their
bank and earning a little bit of interest (!) on it is factored into
their pricing structure. And I generally find that they send plants
when they say they will.

In this case, if I were you I'd be asking for my money back.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from Swansea Bay. Dave's at that end; I'm at this end.
Bill G's in the middle. Come to think of it, where is Bill G these days?
Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:13:55 +0100, Moonraker wrote:

Try elsewhere next time. Good companies do not take money from your CC
until the items are posted.

I don't think the CC merchant T&C's allow a company to take money
until "dispatch", certainly not months in advance. Take it up with
the CC company as they are jointly liable for the non-delivery.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
I don't think the CC merchant T&C's allow a company to take money
until "dispatch", certainly not months in advance. Take it up with
the CC company as they are jointly liable for the non-delivery.

Well when i say up front i suppose i should check my card account. Maybe
as you say, they haven't yet taken the money but I ma more upset that i
didn't get the plants for the gardener that i wanted.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Old 11-06-2012, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Managed to get through to quite a friendly girl on their young plant
division and apparently the orchids are "a bit delayed" Actually 4
months delayed at the moment and even she couldn't say when the delivery
would go out!!

Janet
Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Way way back in late winter i responded to an advert from T & M for a
hardy orchid collection as a present for someone whose birthday was in
April. Delivery was said to be early March, then an email to say April
then an email to say May since then ... zilch from the company and no
response to my emails .

Bit miffed as you have to pay up front.

Still waiting, so not sure what they are doing to the plants and
presumably every other customer is still waiting as well?

T+M are quite annoyingly haphazard with their deliveries, but I have
had a reasonably good response from their customer services (via email)
in the past.

Try emailing them again?
Old 11-06-2012, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Way way back in late winter i responded to an advert from T & M for a
hardy orchid collection as a present for someone whose birthday was in
April. Delivery was said to be early March, then an email to say April
then an email to say May since then ... zilch from the company and no
response to my emails .

Also, make sure you're emailing the 'right' address. I can't remember
if it was reply to their email or emailing direct from the website that
got me a response, but I suspect one works (most likely website, but not
necessarily) and the other doesn't.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Jake wrote:
T&M's customer service is rubbish (I'm being kind!), often arrogant. I
no longer buy from them, however tempting the offer.

I must have been lucky, then.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:56 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

She's ordered hardy orchids, and remembering the T&M catalogue they're selling the odd species of things like Dactylorhiza. I don't think Burnhams do these, a better bet might be Laneside Hardy orchid Nursery
Hardy Orchid Nursery

Returning to T&M - a poster on urg a while back said she'd got a remarkably good result by posting to T&M's facebook page.
__________________

Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote ...

Way way back in late winter i responded to an advert from T & M for a hardy
orchid collection as a present for someone whose birthday was in April.
Delivery was said to be early March, then an email to say April then an
email to say May since then ... zilch from the company and no response to
my emails .

Bit miffed as you have to pay up front.

Still waiting, so not sure what they are doing to the plants and presumably
every other customer is still waiting as well?

I think I can honestly say they every plant I have ordered from T & M has
arrived very late and often in a worse than expected condition. Won't use
them again for plant material of any description.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , kay
writes

'Hardy Orchid Nursery' (http://www.lanesidealpines.com/)

Returning to T&M - a poster on urg a while back said she'd got a

remarkably good result by posting to T&M's facebook page.

Thanks Kay will investigate.
I don't think T & M can do much it sounds like even they don't know when
the next batch of plants will arrive. Possibly classic case of too many
orders or more than expected?

Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 23:35:59 +0100, Janet Tweedy wrote:

I don't think T & M can do much it sounds like even they don't know when
the next batch of plants will arrive.

Which raises the question "Where are they sourcing them from?" A
grower would know pretty damn well when they could deliver, if they
hit a problem they would still know the new expected delivery date.

I'd cancel the order and get a full refund, either from T&M direct or
via the CC company.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Janet Tweedy" wrote ...

Way way back in late winter i responded to an advert from T & M for a
hardy orchid collection as a present for someone whose birthday was in
April. Delivery was said to be early March, then an email to say April
then an email to say May since then ... zilch from the company and no
response to my emails .

Bit miffed as you have to pay up front.

Still waiting, so not sure what they are doing to the plants and
presumably every other customer is still waiting as well?

I think I can honestly say they every plant I have ordered from T & M has
arrived very late and often in a worse than expected condition. Won't use
them again for plant material of any description.
--

They do seem to have a very bad reputation, so when I got those T&M free
cucurbit seeds with a mag, I wondered if they were worth planting, but they

Tina

Old 16-06-2012, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , kay
writes
Returning to T&M - a poster on urg a while back said she'd got a

remarkably good result by posting to T&M's facebook page.

Well they've delayed it 3 times so far and i have just received a new
letter with yet another delay until (wait for it) April 2013!!!
Going to get my money back. They had the cheek to try and reason that
they wanted to "nurture my plants a bit longer"

Janet

--
Janet