Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2003, 12:32 PM
NC

Default Chilli recipe ?!

pickling is a great option that I've already been doing for ages with bought
chillis - good old Jammie Oliver's recipe !
I think I'll def go for the freezing option this time round too.

"Tim" wrote in message
newsprp8im1ubwxhha1@localhost...
On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:12:46 +0100, Druss wrote:

"NC" wrote in message
Hi all,
My chilli plants are starting to bear some nice fruit, and by the looks
of
the number of buds, I'll be getting lots!!
As a result, I'm looking for ways in which to preserve them for later

use -
one of which is to make a hot sause of the type you get in the

supermarket -
peri peri for example.
Anyway, I've found one good looking recipe
(http://olliver.family.gen.nz/chilli_sauce.htm) but can anyone

recommend
any
others ??
One small drawback to the question - I dont know what kind of chillis I

have
!! One plant looks like birdseye, and the other looks like it will bear
larger rounder fruit - maybe habanero (!!!)
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Can they be dried, 'spose to improve their flavour/strength and after

all
it's pretty much what the mexicans do isnt' it ?
Duncan

Chillies dry very well. You can either sun dry them (in the UK? not a
chance), or *sowly* in a warm oven or a microwave on low. Beware - they'll
produce a cloud of pungent chilli-vapour in your kitchen that probably
contravenes most international strategic arms limitation treaties.

I also freeze a lot, they go soggy when thawed, like paprika does, but

they
can be cut reasonably eaisily while still frozen, then bunged in the pan.

You can pickle them, I find a slightly sweet pickling solution to be
perfect for most types, especialy Jalapeno,something like the sweet
pickled-onion liquid would do for a start. Just slit them and make sure
they're not bad inside, and to allow the solution to get everywhere. Do
wash the chillies carefully and only pickle the perfect ones.
Tim.

Chilli recipe ?! NC United Kingdom 37 13-07-2003 04:56 AM
Chilli recipe ?! NC Edible Gardening 34 13-07-2003 04:56 AM
Laterite Recipe ? Bill Davis Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:14 AM
chilli plant grown with chilli seeds govinder United Kingdom 0 01-04-2003 11:20 PM
Recipe for de-chlorinator using sodium thiosulfate Bob Alston Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 27-02-2003 01:16 AM