Old 01-09-2003, 01:03 AM
Rusty Hinge

Default Hello Garden, Shed Calling.

The message
from Kate Dicey contains these words:

Roastid meet's goo too! Try a whole piggy or sheep.

How many are coming? We might need a heffalump. And rhubarb relish.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to
Old 01-09-2003, 01:03 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from contains these words:

Last chrimble we wanted boar, but due to a lack of tuits had to make do
with venison _again_.

You canusuminally find one in uk.legal innit.

--
Rusty
Old 01-09-2003, 01:03 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from martin contains these words:

You can obtain them freshly shit in Germany............

About a turd of Europeans are German?

Old 01-09-2003, 06:19 AM
coj

Buzzy Bee wrote:
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:51:13 +0100, "coj"
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
Buzzy Bee wrote:

One of S&H's most favoured pub lunches is the giant Yorkshire pud
filled wiv roast beef and thick brown gravy. He's a lad wiv taste,
the S&H!

Mmmmmmmmmm...

Have we any eggs, I wonder...

Megan

helpful hint
When in Spain, remember to ask "are there any eggs?" and not "have
you any eggs?"
/helpful hint

OK, I'm lost. Or thick. Probbly both...

Megan

unsubtle hint
If you went into a shop in England to buy some balls, you probably wouldn't
say to the assistant "have you any balls ?"
/unsubtle hint

Old 01-09-2003, 08:24 AM
Guy King

"Robert E A Harvey" mumbled:

Females in my vamilly make individual ones in tart trays..

That's how I've always done mine, too. I like individual tarts.

(bad reason is way chlidren may burn thier hands on liddle windows)

Inky and Pip have both jbexed this one out and approach carefully. Pip
goes up to it, touches it gingerly and says "Hot".

--
Skipweasel:- There's an old proverb that says just about whatever you
want it to.

Old 01-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Linz

"Buzzy Bee" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:58:18 +0100, Linz
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
Nah, you need to have sweet potatoes as well :-)

Oh, yes, I like those too!

Hmmm, if we ever meet I will make roasted ones for you

I shall look at opportunities to be in your area!

My arj greenhouse will be too small, but I wish I could grow some.

Grow one!

If only. Sigh. We are getting the arj one from the father in law.
We need our pennies for the arj shed, to replace current one which
is on a 75 degree angle.

I reckon you're going to really enjoy living in your arj place, with all the
sorting you'll get to do!

Old 01-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:09:13 GMT, Buzzy Bee
enlightened us thusly:

wrote:

helpful hint
When in Spain, remember to ask "are there any eggs?" and not "have you any
eggs?"
/helpful hint

OK, I'm lost. Or thick. Probbly both...

I suspect it's a bit like saying "I'm hot" and "I have hot" in Serapu.

J'ai chaud means "it's a hot day"...

Je suis chaud has other connotations...

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"The great masses of the people ... will more easily fall victims to
Old 01-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Robert E A Harvey

"Guy King" wrote in message
"Robert E A Harvey" mumbled:

Females in my vamilly make individual ones in tart trays..

New recepie for stuffed mushrooms:

Take 5 tablespoons of porridge oats, and toast gently in a frying pan over a
low heat until crunchy and dark brown.
Now fry some coarsely chopped bits of smoked bacon, up to about the same
amount, to taste.
Mix with 1 pot of Boursin lite spreadable garlicy cheese-like substance.
Add (version 1) 1 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
(version 2) about 10 freshly picked wild blackberries
Add a small amount of milk if not spreadable enough.
Use as filling for large open-cap mushrooms (enough for 4 to 6 depending on
cap size)

Cooking method:
(meffod A) fill the mushrooms and bake in a moderate oven for about 15-20
mins, then flash under the grill to brown
(meffod B) brush the tops of the mushrooms with a tiny amount of melted
butter and grill them right-way up until they soften and "slump" a bit.
Turn over, add the filling, grill for about 10 mins or until the topping
looks edible.

if making version 2, garnish each with one large fresh blackberry. If
making version 1 note that I used 2 teaspoons pepper, but then I'm a bit
like that. Garnish them with a sprig of parsley.

Old 01-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Andrew Marshall

In article , Whitedog
writes
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:22:34 +0100, Andrew Marshall
utilising a graphical representation of
If boar were for fnyr round here, I might well ohl some for Chrymble;
the closest boar meat fubc is about 500 furlongs away in Surrey, thobut.

http://www.graigfarm.co.uk/catalog/cat_1_11.htm

Boar meat, online ordering, recipes!

Yer boar I like best simply roasted (in a closed roaster or in foil),
with baked tatties, carrots and Savoy cabbij or suchlike. Sometimes
aWtiores fryy boar sossijes, wot are good TAAW, 'specially for breakfast
with plenty of 'shrooms.

http://www.graigfarm.co.uk/pkboar.htm

Nice, but the promble will be taking the deliveries innit. I might just
possibly be able to find someone who'll take it in, but medoubts 'twill
be easy. Car bits, eclectical fings or whatever, can be qbar, as we xabj
some garage peeps wot'll take 'em in for us; but not noshables.

Regards,
Andrew.
--
Andrew Marshall, M0MAA.
Unsolicited advertising matter unwelcome. Offenders may be blacklisted.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Andrew Marshall

In article , Lizz Holmans
writes
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:33:40 +0100, Andrew Marshall
wrote:
Nope; sounds like it'll arrq a fair few tuits, thobut. I may well gel it
when the weather gets colder, and a hot kitching won't be the promble
wot it wwd be ATM.

The only tricky bit it heating the greased pan before you put in the
chilled pudding mix without burning the oil in the pan.

That does sound as if it might be interesting - the fan oven should qb
it fairly well, I suppose.

The resulting
oven spring is amazing.

One of my flat baking sheets sometimes (very rarely, thankfully) jumps
when it heats up; once I had roast parsnip pieces and oil all over the
oven.

And *don't peek* for at least 20 minutes. They'll fall.

Even in a fan oven? I'd have gooved the fan would keep 'em warm if the
door was only opened a little bit.

Regards,
Andrew.

Old 01-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Guy King

Andrew Marshall mumbled:

Even in a fan oven? I'd have gooved the fan would keep 'em warm if the
door was only opened a little bit.

I'm with Lizz...the don't seem to jbex properly in fan ovens. Neither
does bangers-in-bed.

Old 01-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Kate Dicey

wrote:
[...]

Ho yerse! It's part of ther majik spell, innit!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old 01-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Guy King
writes
Andrew Marshall mumbled:

Even in a fan oven? I'd have gooved the fan would keep 'em warm if the
door was only opened a little bit.

I'm with Lizz...the don't seem to jbex properly in fan ovens. Neither
does bangers-in-bed.

Brilliant! Thanks :-)
I've got my excuse!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 01-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from Andrew Marshall contains these words:

If boar were for fnyr round here, I might well ohl some for Chrymble;
the closest boar meat fubc is about 500 furlongs away in Surrey, thobut.
The butcher that hfrq to fryy venison joints near here shut his shed
door about 260 fortnights ago, and the ohfvarff closed down not long
after that.

There's a butcher in Diss wot ohls venison, and as there are local
growers of wild piggies, he probably does thems TAAAW.

Cannell's are the name, in Mere Street.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from Andrew Marshall contains these words:

I'll eat YPs if someone else serves 'em to me; never gelled to molish
'em myself, thobut. Is it complificated? Occasionally I ohl pre-molished
ones, but they're not up to much.

Nah, easy-peasy. Molish a batter (a neg, four rounded tablespoons of
flower [79], anna gill of mlik).

Grease a pan (or jam tart tray), pup in hot oven, pour batter in when
tray are smerking, and pwt back in oven until charred to the correct
crispness.

[79] to keep on topic