Old 28-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Jaimie Vandenbergh

Default Hello Garden, Shed Calling.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:40:28 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , Jaimie
Vandenbergh writes

I'm sure I recall that there was a discussion between Andy and SWCRs

SWCR? She who cooks radishes?

Climbs Rocks, as you'll be unsurprised to learn! I'm not sure either
of us have ever cooked radishes...

"Come now, my child, if we were planning to harm you, do you think
we'd be lurking here, beside the path, in the very darkest part of
the forest?" - Kenneth Patchen, "But Even So"
Old 28-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:
In article , Jaimie
Vandenbergh writes
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:24:54 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:
In article , Jaimie
Vandenbergh writes

The trick is closing it again without removing same... I well recall
losing a sliver of skin first time I did it, and then a larger one
when demonstrating said silliness to friends.

You're the last person I expected to run across in uk.rec.gardening!

I'm only overhanging from the Shedde, really... don't prune me back!

Don't worry! We'd have to throw you back to your side of the fence ...

Only if we want him...............

--
Frère Jaques
They knocked the Bell down and erected a charade of pops.
Old 28-08-2003, 10:44 PM
Sena

Kate Morgan said...
The idea of me married to a vicar is hilarious so
the answer is no we have never met.

Arwel, mayhap we'll remedy that one of these days iffn you come
to a shedmoot. But no, if you is retired you is deffnitly not
the KM I knowed at collij, for she were youngerer'n me and I are
not yet reached my half century.
--

Fran
The email address in the headers is now a spamtrap; however
Old 28-08-2003, 11:22 PM
DinkiPixie

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
Hi Linz - remember the barbecued carrot?

We'll always have carrots.

--
Angela

Old 29-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Linz

"Andy Spragg" wrote in message
Kay Easton pushed briefly to the front of
the queue on Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:03:31 +0100, and nailed this to the
shed door:

^ Hi Linz - remember the barbecued carrot?

Hi Kay and Linz - remember who barbecued it?

I reckon I'll be doing roast carrots for Chrimble dinner this year - closest
I can get to barbecued and nice and sweet.

Old 29-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Linz

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Andy Spragg
writes
Kay Easton pushed briefly to the front of
the queue on Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:03:31 +0100, and nailed this to the
shed door:

^ In article , Linz

^ writes
^
^ Hi Linz - remember the barbecued carrot?

Hi Kay and Linz - remember who barbecued it?

It was you, was it? I shall be extremely leery if you ever invite me
to a meal ;-)
Crispy brown on the outside is quite adequate for a carrot - it
doesn't have to be charcoal black right through to the middle!

They're like sossiges, you see, they're not done till you can write with
them.

Old 29-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Ron Clark

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:19:32 +0100, "Linz"
wrote:

"Andy Spragg" wrote in message
Kay Easton pushed briefly to the front of
the queue on Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:03:31 +0100, and nailed this to the
shed door:

^ Hi Linz - remember the barbecued carrot?

Hi Kay and Linz - remember who barbecued it?

I reckon I'll be doing roast carrots for Chrimble dinner this year - closest
I can get to barbecued and nice and sweet.

Chuck 'em on the compost heap and roast some parsnips.

You know it makes scents

--
®óñ© © ²°°³

Old 29-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:56:59 GMT, (Andy
Spragg) enlightened us thusly:

Hi Kay and Linz - remember who barbecued it?

Andy

'ere, a lapsed sheddi!

Wotcher, how's life.

--
Austin Shackles.
www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
Old 29-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Andy Spragg

Kay Easton pushed briefly to the front of
the queue on Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:40:28 +0100, and nailed this to the
shed door:

^ In article , Jaimie
^ Vandenbergh writes
^ On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:54:16 +0100, Kay Easton
^ wrote:
^
^ Crispy brown on the outside is quite adequate for a carrot - it doesn't
^ have to be charcoal black right through to the middle!
^
^ I'm sure I recall that there was a discussion between Andy and SWCRs
^
^ SWCR? She who cooks radishes?
^
^ about how to follow on from the baked long peppers, and the carrot was
^ picked as a worthy contender. For no readily apparent reason.

It was a nexperiment. A scientific one. We wanted to establish the
nature of texture development in starch-free root vegetables under
conditions of prolonged conductive-radiative heat transfer. And we
did!

Andy
--

"No, you claim the magpie is to blame for all the
worlds ills, based on your ignorance of magpies."

Old 29-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Andy Spragg

Austin Shackles pushed briefly to the
front of the queue on Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:59:11 +0100, and nailed this
to the shed door:

^ On or around Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:56:59 GMT, (Andy
^ Spragg) enlightened us thusly:
^
^ Hi Kay and Linz - remember who barbecued it?
^
^ Andy
^
^ 'ere, a lapsed sheddi!
^
^ Wotcher, how's life.

Hello, Austin. Hi, sheddi. VG ATM, ta, hence lack of shedpresence. But
I shall return - mwahahaha.

Andy

Old 30-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Richard Robinson

In article , JennyC wrote:

"Sn!pe" wrote in message
. 1.4...
[xposted from Shed to Garden]

Hello Urglers;

Can anyone offer advice regarding the pros and cons of wormeries

versus
compost-bins please?

I don't have either but the following (rather sheddie !) site has
info.....

http://www.nrwmg.vic.gov.au/wastewis...t/content.html

Coo. Too much to read, just now, but looks good. Ta.

--
Richard Robinson
Old 30-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Linz

wrote:

"Andy Spragg" wrote in message
Kay Easton pushed briefly to the front of
the queue on Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:03:31 +0100, and nailed this to the
shed door:

^ Hi Linz - remember the barbecued carrot?

Hi Kay and Linz - remember who barbecued it?

I reckon I'll be doing roast carrots for Chrimble dinner this year - closest
I can get to barbecued and nice and sweet.

Chuck 'em on the compost heap and roast some parsnips.

You know it makes scents

Oh, I'll do parsnips too, they're gorgeous roasted. Roast tatties,
roast carrots, roast parsnips, that's the veg sorted, just need to
decide on the meat!
Old 30-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Andrew Marshall

In article , Linz spam@nosp
am.lindsayendell.org.uk writes
Oh, I'll do parsnips too, they're gorgeous roasted.

Ain't they just!

Roast tatties,
roast carrots, roast parsnips, that's the veg sorted, just need to
decide on the meat!

An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps? I've had beef
for the main Crimble meal many times; I much prefer it to turkey.

Regards,
Andrew.
--
Andrew Marshall
Unsolicited advertising matter unwelcome. Offenders may be blacklisted.
Old 30-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Kate Dicey

wrote:

"Andy Spragg" wrote in message
Kay Easton pushed briefly to the front of
the queue on Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:03:31 +0100, and nailed this to the
shed door:

^ Hi Linz - remember the barbecued carrot?

Hi Kay and Linz - remember who barbecued it?

I reckon I'll be doing roast carrots for Chrimble dinner this year - closest
I can get to barbecued and nice and sweet.

Chuck 'em on the compost heap and roast some parsnips.

You know it makes scents

Oh, I'll do parsnips too, they're gorgeous roasted. Roast tatties,
roast carrots, roast parsnips, that's the veg sorted, just need to
decide on the meat!

Roastid meet's goo too! Try a whole piggy or sheep.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old 31-08-2003, 11:32 AM

Andrew Marshall wibbled:
In article , Linz spam@nosp
am.lindsayendell.org.uk writes
Oh, I'll do parsnips too, they're gorgeous roasted.

Ain't they just!

Roast tatties,
roast carrots, roast parsnips, that's the veg sorted, just need to
decide on the meat!

An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps? I've had beef
for the main Crimble meal many times; I much prefer it to turkey.

Last chrimble we wanted boar, but due to a lack of tuits had to make do
with venison _again_.
--
It's never too late to panic