Old 31-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Linz

Default Hello Garden, Shed Calling.

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:47:15 +0100, Kate Dicey
wrote:

Linz wrote:

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:09:11 +0100, Ron Clark wrote:

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:19:32 +0100, "Linz"
wrote:

I reckon I'll be doing roast carrots for Chrimble dinner this year - closest
I can get to barbecued and nice and sweet.

Chuck 'em on the compost heap and roast some parsnips.

You know it makes scents

Oh, I'll do parsnips too, they're gorgeous roasted. Roast tatties,
roast carrots, roast parsnips, that's the veg sorted, just need to
decide on the meat!

Roastid meet's goo too! Try a whole piggy or sheep.

I don't goove the two of us will manage a whole piggy or sheep. But a
bit of venison or boar might be on.
Old 31-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Linz

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:20:13 +0100, Andrew Marshall
wrote:

In article , Linz spam@nosp
am.lindsayendell.org.uk writes
Oh, I'll do parsnips too, they're gorgeous roasted.

Ain't they just!

Roast tatties,
roast carrots, roast parsnips, that's the veg sorted, just need to
decide on the meat!

An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps? I've had beef
for the main Crimble meal many times; I much prefer it to turkey.

Hmm, yes, beef is also an option, although I feel Yorkshire puds to be
obligatory with beef and I'm penc at YPs.
Old 31-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Kate Dicey

" wrote:

Andrew Marshall wibbled:
In article , Linz spam@nosp
am.lindsayendell.org.uk writes
Oh, I'll do parsnips too, they're gorgeous roasted.

Ain't they just!

Roast tatties,
roast carrots, roast parsnips, that's the veg sorted, just need to
decide on the meat!

An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps? I've had beef
for the main Crimble meal many times; I much prefer it to turkey.

Last chrimble we wanted boar, but due to a lack of tuits had to make do
with venison _again_.
--
It's never too late to panic

I did a normous chunk of roastid Bambi fer Christmas, and very good it
were too. I ordered it from the butcher and he brung out a whole hind
leg wiv the hoof still on, and axed me how much I wanted. I looked at
it a bit sideways, sucked me teeff in a irritating manner, and said,
Chop off the furry bit and I'll have the rest! Shop full of peeps fell
about laffing. It weighed about 9 lbs. There arr 3 of us, and one was
only 8 at the time... I fink we justabout had ennuff... Wot ikkle
thought tells me there is some soup molishing game stock in the
freeeeezerr, and the weather is chilling nicely!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old 31-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Andrew Marshall

wrote:
An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps?

Hmm, yes, beef is also an option, although I feel Yorkshire puds to be
obligatory with beef and I'm penc at YPs.

I'll eat YPs if someone else serves 'em to me; never gelled to molish
'em myself, thobut. Is it complificated? Occasionally I ohl pre-molished
ones, but they're not up to much.

Regards,
Andrew.
--
Andrew Marshall
Unsolicited advertising matter unwelcome. Offenders may be blacklisted.

Old 31-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Andrew Marshall
writes
wrote:
An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps?

Hmm, yes, beef is also an option, although I feel Yorkshire puds to be
obligatory with beef and I'm penc at YPs.

I'll eat YPs if someone else serves 'em to me; never gelled to molish
'em myself, thobut. Is it complificated? Occasionally I ohl pre-molished
ones, but they're not up to much.

The theory is easy. In practice, they're one of the two things that
always goes wrong for me (the other is meringue. I'm good at bread,
though)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 31-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Lizz Holmans

wrote:
An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps?

Hmm, yes, beef is also an option, although I feel Yorkshire puds to be
obligatory with beef and I'm penc at YPs.

I'll eat YPs if someone else serves 'em to me; never gelled to molish
'em myself, thobut. Is it complificated? Occasionally I ohl pre-molished
ones, but they're not up to much.

Yorkshire pudding is easy to make. 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, a little
salt, 2 eggs. Mix up until bubbles rise to top. Chill for at least one
hour.

Fill bottoms of YP pan with some hot meat juices & grease from the
roast. Heat the pan in the oven while you go to the fridge to get the
pudding mix and give it another good stir. Take pan out, fill with
pudding mixture, return to oven, and bake at about 220 Celsius or 425
farenheit for 25 minutes.

Since one doesn't usually roast a joint at this high a temp, start
heating up the oven just before you remove the joint. Then cook the
puds. The meat will continue to heat internally for quite a while;
just keep it in a warm place. Letting it set makes it easier to carve
and gives the juice a chance to re-absorb.

Am I boring you yet?

LizzH.

--
Boys is easier, and if you have sons it's worth trying for three.
Nanny Ogg
Old 31-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Ichimusai

wrote:
An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps?

Hmm, yes, beef is also an option, although I feel Yorkshire puds to
be obligatory with beef and I'm penc at YPs.

I'll eat YPs if someone else serves 'em to me; never gelled to
molish 'em myself, thobut. Is it complificated? Occasionally I ohl
pre-molished ones, but they're not up to much.

I am getting hungry now... I had a very nice one of them gigant YP's
in York last time I went. I still dream about it during dark winter
nights.

--
Ichimusai - Tolerated by two cats. ICQ: 1645566 Yahoo: Ichimusai
IRC: Ichimusai#AmigaSWE@IRCnet URI: http://www.ichimusai.org/
Old 31-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Kate Dicey

wrote:
An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps?

Hmm, yes, beef is also an option, although I feel Yorkshire puds to be
obligatory with beef and I'm penc at YPs.

I'll eat YPs if someone else serves 'em to me; never gelled to molish
'em myself, thobut. Is it complificated? Occasionally I ohl pre-molished
ones, but they're not up to much.

The theory is easy. In practice, they're one of the two things that
always goes wrong for me (the other is meringue. I'm good at bread,
though)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

I can only do meringue if it fer pavlova!

Have you visitid me bread recipes? They're very good: even the Dwarf
Bread gets Honourable Menshun from fambly and fiends. I need to get me
Lardy Cake recipe up there!

Old 31-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Kate Dicey

wrote:
An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps?

Hmm, yes, beef is also an option, although I feel Yorkshire puds to
be obligatory with beef and I'm penc at YPs.

I'll eat YPs if someone else serves 'em to me; never gelled to
molish 'em myself, thobut. Is it complificated? Occasionally I ohl
pre-molished ones, but they're not up to much.

I am getting hungry now... I had a very nice one of them gigant YP's
in York last time I went. I still dream about it during dark winter
nights.

--
Ichimusai - Tolerated by two cats. ICQ: 1645566 Yahoo: Ichimusai
IRC: Ichimusai#AmigaSWE@IRCnet URI: http://www.ichimusai.org/
"Attention to health is life's greatest hindrance."
-- Plato (427-347 B.C.)

One of S&H's most favoured pub lunches is the giant Yorkshire pud filled
wiv roast beef and thick brown gravy. He's a lad wiv taste, the S&H!
Old 31-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Ichimusai

"Kate" == Kate Dicey mentions:

One of S&H's most favoured pub lunches is the giant Yorkshire pud
filled wiv roast beef and thick brown gravy. He's a lad wiv taste,
the S&H!

Is one of mine too. I have it always when in York.

That is, I have had it thrice now. Since I have been to York thrice.

--
Ichimusai - Tolerated by two cats. ICQ: 1645566 Yahoo: Ichimusai
IRC: Ichimusai#AmigaSWE@IRCnet URI: http://www.ichimusai.org/
Look at my fingers: four stones, four crates. Zero stones? ZERO CRATES!
-- Zorg, Fifth Element
Old 31-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Linz

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:00:49 +0100, Lizz Holmans
wrote:

Yorkshire pudding is easy to make. 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, a little
salt, 2 eggs. Mix up until bubbles rise to top. Chill for at least one
hour.

Fill bottoms of YP pan with some hot meat juices & grease from the
roast. Heat the pan in the oven while you go to the fridge to get the
pudding mix and give it another good stir. Take pan out, fill with
pudding mixture, return to oven, and bake at about 220 Celsius or 425
farenheit for 25 minutes.

Since one doesn't usually roast a joint at this high a temp, start
heating up the oven just before you remove the joint. Then cook the
puds. The meat will continue to heat internally for quite a while;
just keep it in a warm place. Letting it set makes it easier to carve
and gives the juice a chance to re-absorb.

Am I boring you yet?

Nope. Recipe saved for Chrimble. By when I'll have forgotten it's
here, of course.
Old 31-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Andrew Marshall

In article , Lizz Holmans
writes
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:23:20 +0100, Andrew Marshall
wrote:

(snip)
I'll eat YPs if someone else serves 'em to me; never gelled to molish
'em myself, thobut. Is it complificated?

Yorkshire pudding is easy to make. 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, a little
salt, 2 eggs. Mix up until bubbles rise to top. Chill for at least one
hour.

sounds pretty simple sofa...

Fill bottoms of YP pan

ah; I'll have to ohl one o' they... the mix wwd be too runny to be pwt
on an abezny baking sheet.

Take pan out, fill with
pudding mixture, return to oven, and bake at about 220 Celsius or 425
farenheit for 25 minutes.

Should be qbable if tuits can be found, megoovs.

Since one doesn't usually roast a joint at this high a temp,

Acksherley, I hfr 425-odd farenheits for the last 15 minuets or so. I
like the meat to have a nice crustificated outside. I can allus take the
meat out if the YPs arrq more cwking innit.

Am I boring you yet?

Nope; sounds like it'll arrq a fair few tuits, thobut. I may well gel it
when the weather gets colder, and a hot kitching won't be the promble
wot it wwd be ATM.

Regards,
Andrew.
Old 31-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Whitedog

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:22:34 +0100, Andrew Marshall
utilising a graphical representation of
sounds, meanings or concepts, conveyed the following:

In article ,
writes
Andrew Marshall wibbled:
An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps? I've had beef
for the main Crimble meal many times; I much prefer it to turkey.

Last chrimble we wanted boar, but due to a lack of tuits had to make do
with venison _again_.

If boar were for fnyr round here, I might well ohl some for Chrymble;
the closest boar meat fubc is about 500 furlongs away in Surrey, thobut.

http://www.graigfarm.co.uk/catalog/cat_1_11.htm

Boar meat, online ordering, recipes!

http://www.graigfarm.co.uk/pkboar.htm

There is nothing better in life
Than writing on the sole of your slipper with a Biro
On a Saturday Night instead of going to a pub.
Half man- Half biscuit.