Old 01-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Rusty Hinge

Default Hello Garden, Shed Calling.

The message
from Buzzy Bee contains these words:

Nah, you need to have sweet potatoes as well :-)

My arj greenhouse will be too small, but I wish I could grow some.

Not enough daylights of a vertical persuasion, I goov.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to
Old 01-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from Ichimusai contains these words:
"Kate" == Kate Dicey mentions:

One of S&H's most favoured pub lunches is the giant Yorkshire pud
filled wiv roast beef and thick brown gravy. He's a lad wiv taste,
the S&H!

Is one of mine too. I have it always when in York.

That is, I have had it thrice now. Since I have been to York thrice.

Trubble is, most peeps dunno how to molish gravy these daze, and caffs
ect are even worserer. They just ohlf a can of Bistro or Graveyard
Grannies and mixes wiv water. And the bounders wot molish the 'orrid
concoction hfr cornflour as a sickening agent!

REAL grivy *MUST* be molished wiv wheat flour to make a Roo wiv the
gunge in the roast tray, and some of the veg water to thin it wiv innit.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from Andrew Marshall contains these words:

Look fer a butcher wot has a game licence.

Megoovs I'll have to gel to qb that; thobut I doubt any have such round
here.

Well, if you're going to drive here, you cud do an ickle detour and take
in Cannell's in Diss innit. You cud drop in on me mate the local keeper
TAAAW wot are on the way to Cosstessy [675] and ohl some dressed-out
partridges innit.

Drop us an emu and I might well join you at the Showground. Us cud hold
a minimoot at my place TAAAW, thobut I may not even have started the new
brew - gotta find bungs for two different sized carboys.

Don't hit 'reply', emu under URL in sig.

Cud start a galleyon of something not too strong thobut.

[675] By the backroads.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Guy King

Kay Easton mumbled:

I'm with Lizz...the don't seem to jbex properly in fan ovens. Neither
does bangers-in-bed.

Brilliant! Thanks :-)
I've got my excuse!

You can always turn off the fan, you know.

--
Skipweasel:- There's an old proverb that says just about whatever you
want it to.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Lizz Holmans

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 19:10:34 +0100, Guy King
wrote:

Andrew Marshall mumbled:

Even in a fan oven? I'd have gooved the fan would keep 'em warm if the
door was only opened a little bit.

I'm with Lizz...the don't seem to jbex properly in fan ovens. Neither
does bangers-in-bed.

They do fine in the fan over if you leave them the hell alone for the
first 20 minutes. Then, the last 5 minutes, one is allowed to peek a
couple of times.

It's the early peaking what flattens 'em.

LizzH.

--

i feel as visible as a hyphen but not half as self assured--archy

Old 01-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Andrew Marshall

In article , Guy King
writes
Andrew Marshall mumbled:

Even in a fan oven? I'd have gooved the fan would keep 'em warm if the
door was only opened a little bit.

I'm with Lizz...the don't seem to jbex properly in fan ovens. Neither
does bangers-in-bed.

Hmmm. Iffen I find the tuits to molish 'em sometime, it lwks as if I'll
have to put some stilts on and hfr the high-up non-fan oven innit...

.... or go to the fubc and ohl a packet of those big plate-sized YPs, wot
one can heap gurt big piles of steaming beef-and-On!ons into; they seem
to be a bit betterer than the (fubc-ohled) abezny-sized ones.

Regards,
Andrew.
--
Andrew Marshall, M0MAA.
Unsolicited advertising matter unwelcome. Offenders may be blacklisted.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Guy King

Rusty Hinge mumbled:

Nah, easy-peasy. Molish a batter (a neg, four rounded tablespoons of
flower [79], anna gill of mlik).

Grease a pan (or jam tart tray), pup in hot oven, pour batter in when
tray are smerking, and pwt back in oven until charred to the correct
crispness.

Leave the batter to stand for an hour or so before using. Half milk,
half water is sometimes good, too.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Whitedog

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:11:52 +0100, Kay Easton
utilising a graphical representation of
sounds, meanings or concepts, conveyed the following:

In article , Whitedog

http://www.graigfarm.co.uk/catalog/cat_1_11.htm

Boar meat, online ordering, recipes!

http://www.graigfarm.co.uk/pkboar.htm

Organic, and damned good. All their meat is good - expensive, but with
bags of flavour. That's where we're getting all our meat from now.

We've just eaten some Waitrose Wild Boar and Prune sausages and they
are amazing..no they're better than that, they may well be the best
unusual sossijis ever. Ohl some today before they stop makin 'em!

There is nothing better in life
Than writing on the sole of your slipper with a Biro
On a Saturday Night instead of going to a pub.
Half man- Half biscuit.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Whitedog

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 08:18:27 +0100, Andrew Marshall
utilising a graphical representation of
sounds, meanings or concepts, conveyed the following:

Sometimes
aWtiores fryy boar sossijes, wot are good TAAW, 'specially for breakfast
with plenty of 'shrooms.

Arggh! The Rays! See post above or nearby!

Old 01-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Guy King
writes
Kay Easton mumbled:

I'm with Lizz...the don't seem to jbex properly in fan ovens. Neither
does bangers-in-bed.

Brilliant! Thanks :-)
I've got my excuse!

You can always turn off the fan, you know.

How?
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 02-09-2003, 01:03 AM
Brain D

On 1 Sep,
Andrew Marshall wrote:

One of my flat baking sheets sometimes (very rarely, thankfully) jumps when
it heats up; once I had roast parsnip pieces and oil all over the oven.

My sister about 1250 fortnights ago put a tin of peas in the oven to heat
(wiv the kznf dinner) she forgot to put a nole in the can and afterwards had
a green polka-dot seeling.
--
Brain D

Old 02-09-2003, 01:03 AM
Gid Holyoake

In article , Rusty Hinge
generously decided to share with us..

Snippetry..

REAL grivy *MUST* be molished wiv wheat flour to make a Roo wiv the
gunge in the roast tray, and some of the veg water to thin it wiv innit.

And ideally should actually be *done* in the meat tray so that all the
deglazings end up in the gravy.. that's why proper kitchings have
hotplates large enough for a roasting pan to fit on..

Gid (ex sous-chef)
Old 02-09-2003, 02:02 AM
Kate Dicey

Whitedog wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:11:52 +0100, Kay Easton
utilising a graphical representation of
sounds, meanings or concepts, conveyed the following:

In article , Whitedog

http://www.graigfarm.co.uk/catalog/cat_1_11.htm

Boar meat, online ordering, recipes!

http://www.graigfarm.co.uk/pkboar.htm

Organic, and damned good. All their meat is good - expensive, but with
bags of flavour. That's where we're getting all our meat from now.

We've just eaten some Waitrose Wild Boar and Prune sausages and they
are amazing..no they're better than that, they may well be the best
unusual sossijis ever. Ohl some today before they stop makin 'em!

There is nothing better in life
Than writing on the sole of your slipper with a Biro
On a Saturday Night instead of going to a pub.
Half man- Half biscuit.

I will send the Hunter Gatherer out to get some... Waitrose are a bit
off the beaten track since I no longer earn me keep in Maidstone, wot
are where the nearest Waitrose is.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old 02-09-2003, 07:34 AM
Lizz Holmans

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 00:51:40 +0100, Gid Holyoake
wrote:

In article , Rusty Hinge
generously decided to share with us..

Snippetry..

REAL grivy *MUST* be molished wiv wheat flour to make a Roo wiv the
gunge in the roast tray, and some of the veg water to thin it wiv innit.

And ideally should actually be *done* in the meat tray so that all the
deglazings end up in the gravy.. that's why proper kitchings have
hotplates large enough for a roasting pan to fit on..

Gid (ex sous-chef)

I am shocked, shocked to think of anyone trying to do it any other
way.

LizzH.

--

i feel as visible as a hyphen but not half as self assured--archy
Old 02-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Guy King

Kay Easton mumbled:

You can always turn off the fan, you know.

How?

Every fan oven I've ever seen has a non-fan setting. P'raps yours is unusual!