Old 31-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Buzzy Bee

Default Hello Garden, Shed Calling.

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 19:22:16 +0100, Linz
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

Oh, I'll do parsnips too, they're gorgeous roasted. Roast tatties,
roast carrots, roast parsnips, that's the veg sorted, just need to
decide on the meat!

Nah, you need to have sweet potatoes as well :-)

My arj greenhouse will be too small, but I wish I could grow some.

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)
Seoras' story: http://seoras.farr-montgomery.com

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com
Old 31-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:49:40 +0100, Kate Dicey
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

I can only do meringue if it fer pavlova!

I used to molish good pavlova. Lost the ability a few years ago.

Must. Try. Again.

Megan

Old 31-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:51:53 +0100, Kate Dicey
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

One of S&H's most favoured pub lunches is the giant Yorkshire pud filled
wiv roast beef and thick brown gravy. He's a lad wiv taste, the S&H!

Mmmmmmmmmm...

Have we any eggs, I wonder...

Megan

Old 31-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Andrew Marshall

In article , Kate Dicey
writes
One of S&H's most favoured pub lunches is the giant Yorkshire pud filled
wiv roast beef and thick brown gravy.

Boodly ehll, I cwd nosh one o'they right now innit. Loverley grub.

He's a lad wiv taste, the S&H!

Indeedy.

Regards,
Andrew.
--
Andrew Marshall, M0MAA.
Unsolicited advertising matter unwelcome. Offenders may be blacklisted.
Old 31-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Andrew Marshall

In article , Kate Dicey
writes
Andrew Marshall wrote:
When I go to Henham in one-and-an-arf fortnights' time,

(might as well pwt it here) For anysheddi who might have been gooving of
going to the Grand Henham Steam Rally (20-21 September), it has been
movificated at short notice, from Henham Park near Southwold, to the
Narfk Showground, just west (not August) of Narch. We'm still going,
thobut we'll have to trg hc boodly rneyl on the Satdy(20th) ack emma;
iss 320 furlongs from the place we've bwked for B+B, hooterit. Wwd be
nice to meet anysheddi forra micro-moot/BA there innit.

Boar are available on line iffn none of yer local butchers will supply
it.

Promble is, all the sillyhooter couriers assume that everyone hath a
non-jbexvat partner at home all day to take the boodly parcel in. WTS
can't the silly ossd qb a delivery in the evening, when peeps are more
likely to be in? TAAW, iss verboten (WOCIT) to have things delivered to
jbex; I'd get the fnpx iffen I gelled owt like that innit.

Look fer a butcher wot has a game licence.

Megoovs I'll have to gel to qb that; thobut I doubt any have such round
here.

Regards,
Andrew.

Old 31-08-2003, 09:02 PM
coj

Buzzy Bee wrote:

One of S&H's most favoured pub lunches is the giant Yorkshire pud
filled wiv roast beef and thick brown gravy. He's a lad wiv taste,
the S&H!

Mmmmmmmmmm...

Have we any eggs, I wonder...

Megan

helpful hint
When in Spain, remember to ask "are there any eggs?" and not "have you any
eggs?"
/helpful hint

Old 31-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Linz

wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

Oh, I'll do parsnips too, they're gorgeous roasted. Roast tatties,
roast carrots, roast parsnips, that's the veg sorted, just need to
decide on the meat!

Nah, you need to have sweet potatoes as well :-)

Oh, yes, I like those too!

My arj greenhouse will be too small, but I wish I could grow some.

Grow one!
Old 31-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Robert E A Harvey

"Linz" wrote in message

Recipe saved for Chrimble. By when I'll have forgotten it's
here, of course.

Females in my vamilly make individual ones in tart trays.. One tablespoon
full of fat in each pocket, heated just short of smoking. 2 Tablespoons of
batter in each pocket, quickly, and bang back in't oven. Cook slightly
longer than you expect, and be aware that opening door to check on them
before they are properly done makes them collapse and turn into leather.
Only good reason for glass oven doors I know. (bad reason is way chlidren
may burn thier hands on liddle windows)

YPs burn badly in fan ovens IME

Old 31-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:51:25 GMT, Buzzy Bee
enlightened us thusly:

wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

Oh, I'll do parsnips too, they're gorgeous roasted. Roast tatties,
roast carrots, roast parsnips, that's the veg sorted, just need to
decide on the meat!

Nah, you need to have sweet potatoes as well :-)

My arj greenhouse will be too small, but I wish I could grow some.

latest roast veggie trick was some out-size radishes wot a neighbour grew,
these were about 2" across. ver' nice, TAAW. a bit like turnip, once they
was cookit.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"The breezy call of incense-breathing Morn, The swallow twittering
Old 31-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:58:18 +0100, Linz
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
Nah, you need to have sweet potatoes as well :-)

Oh, yes, I like those too!

Hmmm, if we ever meet I will make roasted ones for you

My arj greenhouse will be too small, but I wish I could grow some.

Grow one!

If only. Sigh. We are getting the arj one from the father in law.
We need our pennies for the arj shed, to replace current one which is
on a 75 degree angle.

Megan

Old 31-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Buzzy Bee

wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

Oh, I'll do parsnips too, they're gorgeous roasted. Roast tatties,
roast carrots, roast parsnips, that's the veg sorted, just need to
decide on the meat!

Nah, you need to have sweet potatoes as well :-)

My arj greenhouse will be too small, but I wish I could grow some.

latest roast veggie trick was some out-size radishes wot a neighbour grew,
these were about 2" across. ver' nice, TAAW. a bit like turnip, once they
was cookit.

My vege growing will be limited to a single raised bed. Potentially
contaminated land from an old coal mine

Sounds nice that! Unfortunately radishes are not on my list.

Megan

Old 31-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Buzzy Bee

Buzzy Bee wrote:

One of S&H's most favoured pub lunches is the giant Yorkshire pud
filled wiv roast beef and thick brown gravy. He's a lad wiv taste,
the S&H!

Mmmmmmmmmm...

Have we any eggs, I wonder...

Megan

helpful hint
When in Spain, remember to ask "are there any eggs?" and not "have you any
eggs?"
/helpful hint

OK, I'm lost. Or thick. Probbly both...

Megan

Old 31-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Lizz Holmans

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:33:40 +0100, Andrew Marshall
wrote:

Nope; sounds like it'll arrq a fair few tuits, thobut. I may well gel it
when the weather gets colder, and a hot kitching won't be the promble
wot it wwd be ATM.

The only tricky bit it heating the greased pan before you put in the
chilled pudding mix without burning the oil in the pan. The resulting
oven spring is amazing.

And *don't peek* for at least 20 minutes. They'll fall.

LizzH.

--
Boys is easier, and if you have sons it's worth trying for three.
Nanny Ogg
Old 31-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Lizz Holmans

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:12:35 +0100, "Robert E A Harvey"
wrote:

"Linz" wrote in message
.. .

Recipe saved for Chrimble. By when I'll have forgotten it's
here, of course.

Females in my vamilly make individual ones in tart trays.. One tablespoon
full of fat in each pocket, heated just short of smoking. 2 Tablespoons of
batter in each pocket, quickly, and bang back in't oven. Cook slightly
longer than you expect, and be aware that opening door to check on them
before they are properly done makes them collapse and turn into leather.
Only good reason for glass oven doors I know. (bad reason is way chlidren
may burn thier hands on liddle windows)

YPs burn badly in fan ovens IME

Mine don't, but I watch them *very* carefully the last 5 minutes.

LizzH.

Old 31-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Whitedog
writes
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:22:34 +0100, Andrew Marshall
utilising a graphical representation of
sounds, meanings or concepts, conveyed the following:

In article ,
writes
Andrew Marshall wibbled:
An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps? I've had beef
for the main Crimble meal many times; I much prefer it to turkey.

Last chrimble we wanted boar, but due to a lack of tuits had to make do
with venison _again_.

If boar were for fnyr round here, I might well ohl some for Chrymble;
the closest boar meat fubc is about 500 furlongs away in Surrey, thobut.

http://www.graigfarm.co.uk/catalog/cat_1_11.htm

Boar meat, online ordering, recipes!

http://www.graigfarm.co.uk/pkboar.htm

Organic, and damned good. All their meat is good - expensive, but with
bags of flavour. That's where we're getting all our meat from now.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: