Old 06-12-2003, 09:44 PM
John

Default Is the fox a pest ? the lie exposed

Mary Fisher wrote:
Not a good idea though, to try it by staying up at night to shoot
a free one, those bullets can travel 2 miles if you miss.

That's probably why there are laws about having such weaponry close
to the highway in the inner city ...

It only really illegal if you actually cause concern to anyone using the
public highway.
So in theory you can do as you please, just as long as no one complains.
For close shooting in a trap, nothing beats a .410. Not so long ago, some
folk used to tip hot wax in to the lead balls as to make an almost solid
"slug", these were especially effective against close range fox and would
never give an exit wound.

John

---

Old 07-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Andy Harmer

"John" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
Not a good idea though, to try it by staying up at night to shoot
a free one, those bullets can travel 2 miles if you miss.

That's probably why there are laws about having such weaponry close
to the highway in the inner city ...

It only really illegal if you actually cause concern to anyone using the
public highway.
So in theory you can do as you please, just as long as no one complains.

I don't think that's right John. I believe it is illegal to shoot from a
public right of way. I'm sure that there's a shooter on here who can confirm
that's right...or not.

It's funny how the argument has gone about pest control as I have a relative
who was a gamekeeper and he controlled his foxes on a very large estate with
a rifle. The only time he would let the foxes alone was when a hunt was due.
He told me it was good form to 'provide' a fox. I didn't ask too many
questions, but I know that a fox was frequenting a drain on the
site......this was blocked up with a big steel plate only to be removed
before the hunt.

I remember a similar anomaly on Channel 4 when the 'fox feeding' regime on
the estate of the Duke of Beaufort was uncovered.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/hunt/Story...634234,00.html

Andy

Old 07-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:
In article ,
(Jaques d'Alltrades) wrote:

where presumably you accumulate your extensive
knowledge of hunting?

I acquired enough thank you the time the hunt trespassed through our
garden when I was a kid. The arrogant ****s may call their coats pink
but they ARE red. Their dogs (no I won't call them hounds) chased me and
our black labrador cross which suggest they're similarly colour blind.
The prats were too up themselves to apologise. Quite what they thought
they were doing crashing around a residential area at least half a mile
from open country I don't know but if it was educating the public about
the true nature of their "sport" they succeeded!

There's no excuse for such arrogance, but however hard it is to not to,
you shouldn't tar all hunts and hunting with the same brush.

Fortunately, most hunts have become aware that they don't have free rein
to behave in such a manner, and with the levelling of society most of
the people who can afford to ride to hounds (certainly in this neck of
the woods, anyway) are your plumbers, builders and other tradesmen.

BTW, I don't hunt, I don't follow the hunt and I have no connection with
hunting, and the only interest in it I can declare is that I don't like
having to shoot foxes.

--
Rusty Hinge

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 07-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Pink. Except for the Berkeley Hunt, they wear yellow.

And the Exmoor amongst others - don't they wear green?

Could be - but I didn't know about them. I bow to your greater experience -
and I'm not being snide :-)

Our local hunt wears green flashes on their lapels to indicate that they
were once a deer pack. Deer packs usually wear green.

Incidentally, may I dispell a common misconception?

Only the members of the hunt wear the red, green or yellow coats -
mainly the 'hunt servants', and this is so the rest of the riders can
see where they are.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Old 07-12-2003, 12:32 AM
Anthony

"LordSnoty" wrote in message

Lying fat slag, least I hope you're lying, I'd hate the thought of
vigilantes discovering what you were up to and knowing where you
lived, is your surname spelt correctly?

Well you little shit!
Are you threatening the lady?
Hiding behind anonymity to try and intimidate someone on usenet....tut tut.
Tell you what, send your mates round to see me, and we can discuss this in
more detail.
Just make sure YOU are at the front of the group!
That a date then?

Anthony

PS yes my name is spelt correctly, shouldn't be too hard to find surely?

Old 07-12-2003, 09:02 AM
Anonymous

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 00:26:02 -0000, "Anthony"
wrote:

"LordSnoty" wrote in message
.. .

Lying fat slag, least I hope you're lying, I'd hate the thought of
vigilantes discovering what you were up to and knowing where you
lived, is your surname spelt correctly?

Well you little shit!
Are you threatening the lady?
Hiding behind anonymity to try and intimidate someone on

usenet....tut tut.
Tell you what, send your mates round to see me, and we can discuss

this in
more detail.
Just make sure YOU are at the front of the group!
That a date then?

Anthony

PS yes my name is spelt correctly, shouldn't be too hard to find

surely?

Not another poisoned dwarf larging it. just so impressive,even more so
if you actually meant it but i fear not.
anyway off topic and complaint sent to your isp this group is for
gardening not hunting poofs to fight battles.
sarah

sarah

Old 07-12-2003, 09:42 AM
John

Andy Harmer wrote:
It only really illegal if you actually cause concern to anyone using
the public highway.
So in theory you can do as you please, just as long as no one
complains.

I don't think that's right John. I believe it is illegal to shoot
from a public right of way.

It is an offence to fire a gun within 50 feet of the centre of a public
highway, If by doing so you cause any member of the public using that
highway to be injured, interrupted or endangered.

HTH

John

---

Old 07-12-2003, 11:32 AM
LordSnooty

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 00:26:02 -0000, "Anthony"
wrote:

"LordSnoty" wrote in message
.. .

Lying fat slag, least I hope you're lying, I'd hate the thought of
vigilantes discovering what you were up to and knowing where you
lived, is your surname spelt correctly?

Well you little shit!

Not another all action hero?

Are you threatening the lady?

Oh hang on a knight in shining armour no less!

Hiding behind anonymity to try and intimidate someone on usenet....t

oops no knight here, already hedging his bets

tut tut.
Tell you what, send your mates round to see me, and we can discuss this in
more detail.

um excuse me but you're the one making the threats, so lets see you
back them up, you don't need an invite just do it!

Just make sure YOU are at the front of the group!

s****** I can just see the anus pulsating.

That a date then?

No, you're confused, a date is a mutual meeting pre arranged. You
appear to be writing cheques you cannot cash, if you are to defend a
fat sows honour then come and do it, don't talk about it, you're not
the first little ****** to *claim* he'll do it, you'll not be the
last, so go on really impress us all and come do it? do bring a camera
as I am sure some would like a little snap of the event.

Now I wonder if this windbag will be like the thousands before him, or
is he just another loudmouth deviant hobby pervert who doesn't
actually like backing up his mouth when things have a chance of biting
back?

Anthony

PS yes my name is spelt correctly,

That's handy then, I very much doubt it.

shouldn't be too hard to find surely?

Why stop there?, just tell us your real name and address, surely you
have nothing to hide or fear Mr Knight in shining armour?, who in
reality is very likely just another pansy. Why send out invites with
no name and address unless in reality you are yellow? there is really
nothing more to say is there, except "my name is *********, I am hard
and my address is ***************, to confirm, my phone is ********"
and then sit back and see if anyone takes you up on your threat, but
somehow Mrs chicken george I don't think you'll do that just in
case... Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Lets set the clock folks tick, tock I lay odds it will be a cold day
in hell before he carries out his threat?

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.801% richest people in the world.
There are 5,951,930,035 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 48,069,965
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

---------------------------------------

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:32 PM
George Orwell

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 00:26:02 -0000, "Anthony"
wrote:

"LordSnoty" wrote in message
.. .

Lying fat slag, least I hope you're lying, I'd hate the thought of
vigilantes discovering what you were up to and knowing where you
lived, is your surname spelt correctly?

Well you little shit!
Are you threatening the lady?
Hiding behind anonymity to try and intimidate someone on

usenet....tut tut.
Tell you what, send your mates round to see me, and we can discuss

this in
more detail.
Just make sure YOU are at the front of the group!
That a date then?

Anthony

PS yes my name is spelt correctly, shouldn't be too hard to find

surely?

Strange, neither he is listed for the part of Wales he "claims" to
live in, and her name appears to be unknown as well. So much for using
your real name then.

Samson.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that
you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Rami Belson

Old 07-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Malcolm Ogilvie

In article , Mary Fisher
writes

Since 1994 when I got
really cross about it, the tally is 40+

Oh Tina ...

:-(((((

Mary, just to put Tina's 40 in perspective, the best estimate of the
number of foxes, of all ages from cubs to adults, which die in the UK
*every* year is about 400,000, which means that, since 1994, some 3 to
3.5 million foxes have died from all causes, including hunting,
shooting, trapping, poisoning, starvation and old age.

--
Malcolm Ogilvie