Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Tim Challenger

Default POISONING CATS?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:43:26 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

Cockroaches aren't destructive or injurious to health.

Try these:
http://www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/6...ockroaches.PDF

http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/Busines...ockroaches.pdf

and if you don't think much of the UK links, try the WHO:
http://www.who.int/docstore/water_sa...ntrol/ch31.htm

There's no reason they should even be annoying.

If they crawl around leaving bad-smelling shit in your cornfalkes. I'd call
that annoying.
--
Tim C.
Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
martin

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:32:11 GMT, Tim Challenger
"timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote:

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:43:26 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

Cockroaches aren't destructive or injurious to health.

Try these:
http://www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/6...ockroaches.PDF

http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/Busines...ockroaches.pdf

and if you don't think much of the UK links, try the WHO:
http://www.who.int/docstore/water_sa...ntrol/ch31.htm

There's no reason they should even be annoying.

If they crawl around leaving bad-smelling shit in your cornfalkes. I'd call
that annoying.

That aint a cockroach, its a Norwegian Blue.
Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
martin

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:28:28 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in
:

Sacha wrote:

To state to others that they are vermin
is not only misleading but in your case it is downright dishonest and
if someone chose to take it far enough, could even be actionable.

I'm not interested in joining the debate about cats, but I strongly
believe that the statement above is just plain wrong at best. It would
not be possible to raise a successful action against someone who
called cats vermin in a newsgroup.

Indeed. I feel, though, that pointing out that deliberately hurting or
killing other people's pets is wrong was a worthwhile thing to do.

The archive could otherwise give the impression that the group is of one
mind, because no-one protested.

Only if you have half the urg posters in your kill file, several
people have protested, including me.

Protesting about something you believe is wrong is a good thing, even if
she did get a bit carried away.

I also believe that deliberately hurting or killing other people's pets is
wrong. I would not do it myself, regardless of the provocation and I would
step in if I saw someone else planning to do it.

So far, though, I don't think anyone who is an identifiable poster (rather
than an anonymous and unreliable troll) has actually said they are planning
to do this?

Franz is neither a troll nor an unidentifiable poster and he implied
that he was planning to do this.

Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article m,
Tim Challenger "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" writes:
| On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:43:26 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:
|
| Cockroaches aren't destructive or injurious to health.
| Try these:
| http://www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/6...ockroaches.PDF
|
| http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/Busines...ockroaches.pdf
|
| and if you don't think much of the UK links, try the WHO:
| http://www.who.int/docstore/water_sa...ntrol/ch31.htm

The fact that they are a serious health risk in the tropics is
not necessarily evidence that they are in the UK. Mosquitoes are
there and not here.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Nick Maclaren

Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Tim Challenger

On 26 Mar 2004 11:59:22 GMT, Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article m,
Tim Challenger "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" writes:
| On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:43:26 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:
|
| Cockroaches aren't destructive or injurious to health.
| Try these:
| http://www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/6...ockroaches.PDF
|
| http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/Busines...ockroaches.pdf
|
| and if you don't think much of the UK links, try the WHO:
| http://www.who.int/docstore/water_sa...ntrol/ch31.htm

The fact that they are a serious health risk in the tropics is
not necessarily evidence that they are in the UK. Mosquitoes are
there and not here.

The post I replied to didn't say "serious". Nor did it mention the tropics
either. The first two links I posted were from UK council sites.
--
Tim C.
Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Tim Challenger

Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
martin

On 26 Mar 2004 11:59:22 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article m,
Tim Challenger "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" writes:
| On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:43:26 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:
|
| Cockroaches aren't destructive or injurious to health.
| Try these:

http://www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/6...ockroaches.PDF

| http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/Busines...ockroaches.pdf
|
| and if you don't think much of the UK links, try the WHO:
| http://www.who.int/docstore/water_sa...ntrol/ch31.htm

The fact that they are a serious health risk in the tropics is
not necessarily evidence that they are in the UK.

The H&SE think they are. Restaurants with resident cockroaches are
closed down.

Mosquitoes are
there and not here.

and unless you live near a major international airport.

Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
martin

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:55:07 GMT, Tim Challenger
"timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote:

On 26 Mar 2004 11:59:22 GMT, Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article m,
Tim Challenger "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" writes:
| On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:43:26 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:
|
| Cockroaches aren't destructive or injurious to health.
| Try these:
| http://www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/6...ockroaches.PDF
|
| http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/Busines...ockroaches.pdf
|
| and if you don't think much of the UK links, try the WHO:
| http://www.who.int/docstore/water_sa...ntrol/ch31.htm

The fact that they are a serious health risk in the tropics is
not necessarily evidence that they are in the UK. Mosquitoes are
there and not here.

The post I replied to didn't say "serious". Nor did it mention the tropics
either. The first two links I posted were from UK council sites.

The first even from Barking Dagenham.
I like it :-)
Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
martin

Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Mary Fisher

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message

I believe that deliberately hurting or killing other people's pets is
wrong. I would not do it myself, regardless of the provocation and I

would
step in if I saw someone else planning to do it.

So do I, so would I, I've seen the heartache caused by a pet cat being shot
by a neighbour.

But they - cats - can be VERY destructive (as can humans) and engender a lot
of problems. It's understandable that victims of their activities feel
helpless to do anything about it.

So far, though, I don't think anyone who is an identifiable poster (rather
than an anonymous and unreliable troll) has actually said they are

planning
to do this?

I don't either. It's the almost hysterical ranting which has caused more
reaction. Some people can't seem to understand the difference between
light-hearted provocation and deliberate nastiness and always assume the
latter.

:-)

Mary

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall

Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Nick Maclaren

Old 26-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:43:26 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

Cockroaches aren't destructive or injurious to health.

Try these:
http://www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/6...ockroaches.PDF

http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/Busines...ockroaches.pdf

and if you don't think much of the UK links, try the WHO:
http://www.who.int/docstore/water_sa...ntrol/ch31.htm

There's no reason they should even be annoying.

If they crawl around leaving bad-smelling shit in your cornfalkes. I'd call
that annoying.
--
Tim C.

Poisoning snails - poisoning birds? Andy Hunt United Kingdom 31 10-04-2004 06:04 PM
POISONING CATS? Dcjtee United Kingdom 8 24-03-2004 05:55 PM
POISONING CATS? Dcjtee United Kingdom 32 24-03-2004 05:48 PM
POISONING CATS? Dcjtee United Kingdom 0 24-03-2004 05:37 PM
Is Monsanto Poisoning Consumers with Pesticide Residues Just another fan Gardening 0 27-08-2003 01:02 AM