Old 26-03-2004, 05:46 PM
martin

Default POISONING CATS?

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:59:07 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
martin writes:
| |
| | The fact that they are a serious health risk in the tropics is
| | not necessarily evidence that they are in the UK.
| |
| | Mosquitoes are there and not here.
| |
| | and unless you live near a major international airport.
|
| Even then, only for some ridiculous meaning of the word "serious".
|
| Catching malaria is serious for the person involved, but not you
| sitting on your bum in a college somewhere :-)

I suggest that you read the above a little more carefully. They
are not a serious health risk in the UK, because the chance of
them transmitting malaria EVEN near Heathrow is miniscule. The
aircraft flying overhead are more of a health risk, as you will
discover if you look up the statistics.

And the car journey to and from the airport is even more risky ... :-)

but malaria is forever.

How many people get nv CJD a year?

How much has nvCJD cost Britain?

I suspect that there are far more malaria victims in UK than there
will ever be nvCJD suffers.

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/life/sh/modules...ures/349-1.htm
there were 1110 case of malaria reported in UK in 1998
Old 26-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
martin wrote:

Several people a year catch malaria in the vicinity of European
International airports. Forget statistics and look at reality.

Aw, gee. A risk of about 0.0001% per annum, or a lifetime risk
of less than 0.001%, assuming that you live close to a major
international airport.

You youngsters are just wimps. Where and when I was born, there
was something like a 30% per annum chance of catching malaria.
Worry about something real, like tripping over your own feet,
falling down stairs and breaking your neck.

Oh, and by the way, most forms of malaria are not forever; the
recurrent form is relatively uncommon.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 26-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Andrew

Dcjtee wrote:
Cats are vermin, dirty and foul creatures and destroy people's lives and
their hobbies.

Cats are also excellent at spreading Ringworm to Humans.

They are also responsible for the proliferation of nuclear, biological
and chemical weapons.

They are also the secret beings behind ETA, the IRA and Al-Qaeda.

And they are also all paedophiles/illegal immigrants/other bogeyman-du-jour.

THE CATS ARE GOING TO GET US. WE NEED SOMEONE TO SAVE MANKIND FROM THE
FELINES!

Old 26-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Mary Fisher

"Andrew" wrote in message
Dcjtee wrote:
Cats are vermin, dirty and foul creatures and destroy people's lives

and
their hobbies.

Cats are also excellent at spreading Ringworm to Humans.

They are also responsible for the proliferation of nuclear, biological
and chemical weapons.

They are also the secret beings behind ETA, the IRA and Al-Qaeda.

And they are also all paedophiles/illegal immigrants/other

bogeyman-du-jour.

THE CATS ARE GOING TO GET US. WE NEED SOMEONE TO SAVE MANKIND FROM THE
FELINES!

Bring on the mice.

Mary

Old 26-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Mike

THE CATS ARE GOING TO GET US. WE NEED SOMEONE TO SAVE MANKIND FROM THE
FELINES!

What a pity you joke about such vile beasts

Old 26-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Mike

Old 26-03-2004, 06:14 PM
martin

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:29:08 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

Dcjtee wrote:
Cats are vermin, dirty and foul creatures and destroy people's lives and
their hobbies.

Cats are also excellent at spreading Ringworm to Humans.

They are also responsible for the proliferation of nuclear, biological
and chemical weapons.

They are also the secret beings behind ETA, the IRA and Al-Qaeda.

And they are also all paedophiles/illegal immigrants/other bogeyman-du-jour.

THE CATS ARE GOING TO GET US. WE NEED SOMEONE TO SAVE MANKIND FROM THE
FELINES!

Cats often lead to chronic dementia in retired sailors.
Old 26-03-2004, 06:14 PM
martin

wrote:

Dcjtee wrote:
Cats are vermin, dirty and foul creatures and destroy people's lives and
their hobbies.

Cats are also excellent at spreading Ringworm to Humans.

They are also responsible for the proliferation of nuclear, biological
and chemical weapons.

They are also the secret beings behind ETA, the IRA and Al-Qaeda.

And they are also all paedophiles/illegal immigrants/other bogeyman-du-jour.

THE CATS ARE GOING TO GET US. WE NEED SOMEONE TO SAVE MANKIND FROM THE
FELINES!

Cats often lead to chronic dementia in retired sailors.

Poisoning snails - poisoning birds? Andy Hunt United Kingdom 31 10-04-2004 06:04 PM
POISONING CATS? Dcjtee United Kingdom 8 24-03-2004 05:55 PM
POISONING CATS? Dcjtee United Kingdom 32 24-03-2004 05:48 PM
POISONING CATS? Dcjtee United Kingdom 0 24-03-2004 05:37 PM
Is Monsanto Poisoning Consumers with Pesticide Residues Just another fan Gardening 0 27-08-2003 01:02 AM