Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] using repaired pots

Some of you may remember that I did a series of displays at a large
meeting of my denomination this past June. One of the trees I displayed
is a cascade yew. I had just put it in a nice square pot that set me
back $60, which is a lot for me. Someone carelessly bumped into it and
knocked it over on the last day, not bothering to even seek me out and
offer to pay for the pot. I don't know who knocked it over. Anyway, I
recovered all the pieces. The way the pot fell, one side was punched
out but the rest of the pot was left intact. I have repaired a number
of pots fairly successfully and did so with this one, but when you look
at the damaged side you can clearly see where the side was taken out.
From the front you'd never know there was any damage. So, I'm wondering
if it's kosher to use such a pot when displaying the tree in an
exhibition, or elsewhere. Your thoughts?

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Using the fibre pots Pete C[_2_] United Kingdom 3 12-03-2009 10:11 AM
Reshaped repaired pond Koi-Lo Ponds 1 24-04-2006 08:09 PM
Lawn Mowers,Tillers tuned up and repaired @ you home [email protected] North Carolina 0 10-04-2006 12:53 PM
[IBC] Repaired Pots - Lynn Boyd Bonsai 1 27-09-2003 08:02 PM
Thinking about using Self Watering containers in outdoor pots Pelvis Popcan Gardening 3 19-07-2003 12:42 AM