Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Why Mulch ??

Mark Hill wrote:

Thanks Craig.

It seems difficult to leave your "babies" outside in the snow bank, when
you've devoted so much time and effort to them all spring/summer.

At first, yes, but once you get accustomed to the cycles of the seasons it isn't
hard.

I guess this is where the "tough love" part comes in !!

I guess it isn't so much that. It's trusting nature.

My next challenge will be to resist over-watering them during the winter
months.

That's easy. Unless you have an unusually warm winter with temperatures always
above freezing, you won't have to water at all. Once the soil freezes in the pot
and stays frozen you're all set for spring.

Mark
(I sure hope they're still happy in the spring!)

They'll be fine.

Craig Cowing
NY
zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++