Old 08-08-2011, 03:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default The smell

In article ,
Nad R wrote:

Also is it a crime to have the feeling that one race is better than others.

The race that is better than others is (wait for it) . . . your race?

No, it is a sickness. I'm sure that the mothers of starving infants in
Somalia feel your pain.

Get help. You can start with losing your self pity, most people find it
an unattractive feature.

I was having lunch by a large window in a restaurante this afternoon.
Next door was an ice cream parlor, and outside of it there were families
of all hues with their small childeren. It was a beautiful sight. Then
I thought of you and snag. It wasn't a complimentary thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_vN0--mHug
Old 08-08-2011, 03:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Billy wrote:

I deal with the person in front of me. I don't generalize them by the
color of their skin, their religion, or their sex.

I do generalize and categorize everything, it is how I think. My mind is
like a massive hierarchical index. When I run into contradictions and
Paradoxes I know something is wrong with the theory or presupposition. The
information in Paradoxes and contradictions cannot be indexed or sorted.

If you want to continue this, we should go to another newsgroup. Your
choice.

Agreed, my last statement on this subject.

I knew you could not truly answer the questions posed to you. I know that
many individuals are conformable with living with contradictions and
paradoxes in their belief systems. I am not one of them.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Steve Peek" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

I have spoken to blacks, some think that "just by being white one is a
racist". Now before anyone calls me a racist and by that definition I
might
be. But first, I would like someone first tell me what a racist is?

To pre-judge a person on the basis of skin color, or some other
predominate trait, like the shape of their eyes.

Waiting for the thrashing...

At least your racism is based in ignorance, and not arrogance. What you

Please enlighten me.

If I am so ignorant please tell me where my thinking is flawed.
And also please give me your definition of what a racist is?

experienced in your youth was poverty and ignorance. How would you
feel,
if society saw your, and your people's distress, and then looked away?
What would you think, if you looked like Emmett Till? Malcolm X hated
white PEOPLE, until he went to Mecca for the Hajj, where he learned
that
racism had no place in Islam.

I do not hate other races, I do however wish to be physically alone and
apart from others, including my own race. It is a full time job just to
take care of myself let alone others. I feel the best way to help the
people of this planet is stop having children therefore more resources
like
food and shelter per person for everyone. But that is something I cannot
force people to do, they must do it on their own.

Like I said in the past when I take my injections of testosterone, I am
stronger, the mental rage is there, the strong desires for promiscuity. I
am however aware of the timing of my medication and know the reason for
my
rage. But the rage only last for a couple of days before settling into
the
blood stream. Without the shots I would be so week I could barely walk in
few months.

The dictionary definition of "racism":
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or
ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

First of all people and others are different. Abraham Lincoln said "All
people are created equal". It is not from the bible or another religious
text. Do you really believe that everyone is physically equal. Everyone
has
their strengths and weaknesses. I do believe everyone should be treated
with kindness. People are different and the difference is in their DNA
and
somewhere I am missing a genetic bolt that prevents me from getting
better.

I do not feel I am better than others, I am fat, ugly, lacking ambition,
single never married or went on dates. People often look at me with less
than ideal. I am also on lots of medication just to stay alive. I like to
be alone to stay away from others criticism. I do not feel according to
the
dictionary that I am superior over others.

The thing is that hangs up people. I know I am not superior over other
others, but others are most certainly better than I am! I do however
want
to survive and live in peace, that is why I ran to the safety of the
country side. I wish no harm to others.

So where is my crime.... Am I guilty because I make no attempt to help
individuals?
I am guilty for running away? Or would you rather I take up guns and
weapons and kill others for at least trying to get others a better life
at
the expense of others. Therefore if you did not serve in the military are
you worthless scum.

I do vote, I do vote for those that try and improve the social programs
that helps others. But that is all I am going to do.

It does seem by your writings that you are superior over others yourself.
Are you better than the Jewish race which you seem to be complaining
against by your footers. Is it the pot calling the kettle black!

Is it by calling another a racist a racist themselves, by just calling
them
that makes one believe that they are better than others?

Also is it a crime to have the feeling that one race is better than
others.
If not a crime why should it matter what people call you?

I deal with the person in front of me. I don't generalize them by the
color of their skin, their religion, or their sex.

If you want to continue this, we should go to another newsgroup.

That would be nice, the only thing growing here is bad will.

I'm done.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

Well you are responding to my questions

The race that is better than others is (wait for it) . . . your race?

Where is it I stated my race was better?

No, it is a sickness. I'm sure that the mothers of starving infants in
Somalia feel your pain.

Please provide the medical references regarding this sickness. Your
reasoning is way out there! Connecting two completely unrelated sentences
together... Somalians... No one can feel another's pain.

Get help. You can start with losing your self pity, most people find it
an unattractive feature.

Self pity is not one of my traits! I have a fantastic home, I just hate
those that look down on others as individuals because they do not match up
to their holier than thou belief on what is acceptable. The world is loaded
with critics like your self, so I choose solitude to get away from the
masses, the crime, the critics. I love where I live and I have lots of
"Keep Out" signs.

So you find it unattractive. So you do feel superior over others on how
they live their lives or how they believe. But long as race is not one of
them, correct. But to you it is perfectly acceptable to feel superior over
others as Long as race is not one of them. I could care less what you may
think about me

I was having lunch by a large window in a restaurante this afternoon.
Next door was an ice cream parlor, and outside of it there were families
of all hues with their small childeren. It was a beautiful sight. Then
I thought of you and snag. It wasn't a complimentary thought.

Ahhh!!! The truth!
You do feel superior over others like me and snag...

The guru on the mountain that likes tell others how to live their lives, on
what is morally or politically correct. I find it humorous or is it
hypocrisy

Preach On!

Ok this is the next to last posting

Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Nad R wrote:
Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

[...]

And so you see Nad why I quit responding . Methinks the Billy doth protest
too much ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Old 08-08-2011, 12:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Snag" wrote:

And so you see Nad why I quit responding . Methinks the Billy doth protest
too much ...

Billy is just fine. He has a right to express his views. Each of us was
born with a certain personality type. Over the years, I believe I can state
with some confidence that...

Billy is an Ideallist, he has an insight to people's soul, the romantic,
the keeper of morals and they they tend to be critical of others.

David S. Hare is a Guardian, Protector of institutions, seeks security and
always true to faith. Probably gets angry if one rejects his advice...

I am a Rational, live by logic and reason, seeks knowledge and a very
strong skeptic with a bit of pessimism. Some would say I have a cold and
emotionless personality.

There is the Artisan, not sure if any are here. They tend to seek personal
pleasure.

All personality types are needed. Ones reasoning, ones insight, ones
action, one creation can change the view and way doing things in others.

It is that generalization and categorization in me

Old 08-08-2011, 03:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 22:28:15 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
wrote:

Hmm... I will probably regret writing this in this day and age where free
speech is limited.

snip racist rant

Waiting for the thrashing...

You are surely a bigot of the first water. No question about it, and I
get to say this as someone who was born and raised in Northwest
Detroit, in an area and time that was affected by the riots. And I
attended Wayne State and lived near campus.

You're a dangerous idiot. Hell, I think you deserve a bullet and I'm
just a white woman.

Boron

Old 08-08-2011, 04:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

Hmm... I will probably regret writing this in this day and age where free
speech is limited.

snip racist rant

Waiting for the thrashing...

You are surely a bigot of the first water. No question about it, and I
get to say this as someone who was born and raised in Northwest
Detroit, in an area and time that was affected by the riots. And I
attended Wayne State and lived near campus.

You're a dangerous idiot. Hell, I think you deserve a bullet and I'm
just a white woman.

Boron

I see you have adopted a violent behavior perhaps of your environment. You
consider me dangerous... And you threaten people with death and guns?

Who is the dangerous one and idiots use guns against others just because
they do not think like you! Your the one that is messed up!

Old 08-08-2011, 04:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

Hmm... I will probably regret writing this in this day and age where free
speech is limited.

snip racist rant

Waiting for the thrashing...

You are surely a bigot of the first water. No question about it, and I
get to say this as someone who was born and raised in Northwest
Detroit, in an area and time that was affected by the riots. And I
attended Wayne State and lived near campus.

You're a dangerous idiot. Hell, I think you deserve a bullet and I'm
just a white woman.

Boron

I see you have adopted a violent behavior perhaps of your environment. You
consider me dangerous... And you threaten people with death and guns?

Who is the dangerous one and idiots use guns against others just because
they do not think like you! Your the one that is messed up!

I should thank for confirming my belief about the violent nature of those
living in Detroit. If people were peaceful and not so violent I would
probably have developed a different view on that extremely violent area.
You can have that city, I moved far away from that place where almost every
other home is burned out and gangs rule. And as long as violence rules in
that area, business will continue to fail and where business fail, poverty
increases. You set a fine example.

Thanks for the confirmation, is that your real name and email address?

Old 09-08-2011, 12:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

phorbin wrote:
In article , dude
says...

I am a Rational, live by logic and reason, seeks knowledge and a very
strong skeptic with a bit of pessimism. Some would say I have a cold and
emotionless personality.

Since my earlier post seems to have black-holed...

From what you've said so far, you sound illogical, unreasoning and
driven by old fears. Your experiences with black people may have been
bad but your conclusions about their race only make sense in a dark,
overly personal, emotional way.

Why not challenge your biases, prejudices and fear yourself before
handing them to others to challenge.

Fear is a major factor. Hearing gun fire almost every night in the city
should scare most people. I like the serenity of the country and feel at
peace. What is the reason behind all of this violence? I have a hard time
believing that poverty is the main cause. I have visited relatives in the
deep south that was dirt poor, teeth rotting, little food, homes that have
no electricity and heat with wood and outhouses. But I saw little crime and
did not feel threatened.

What parts are illogical in what I have said? I try to to challenge myself
often, but sometimes it needs a different point of view that others may
have insights on.

Billy is an example, I used chemical fertilizers and bug sprays often. What
he said about using these chemicals made sense. Gave me a list of books to
read to expand my knowledge. Books I would have never uncovered myself.
Learning new ways of thinking often comes from others. That is why I like
Billy, he challenges one. But it must come with reason and not threats. He
has never used threats even on off topics like the economy.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

phorbin wrote:
In article , dude
says...

I am a Rational, live by logic and reason, seeks knowledge and a very
strong skeptic with a bit of pessimism. Some would say I have a cold and
emotionless personality.

If you live up to your opinion of yourself, you will challenge your own
prejudices and not leave it for others to challenge them for you.

I always question my premises. If I and others find flaws in those
premises, I will most certainly change those presuppositions. Like I said I
do not like living with contradictions or paradoxes.

The problem with more controversial views, is that it is very difficult to
find those flaws in reasoning without debate. When others will just simply
reject them without reason and use threats, I tend to dismiss them. I use
to be a Christian and went to church every week, now I am an atheist,
because I listened to others and they made sense. As an atheist I have had
threats in the past. Some people just do not like others if they do fit in
their belief of what is the norm. I have had hundreds of debates with
Christians, they are crawling everywhere on the Campus of Wayne State
trying to convert others. I have read back to back, the king James, NIV and
the standard bible along with many supplementary books to learn the truth.
To learn the truth on must unfold the contradictions and they are many.

When people use violence to make their point, it is best to avoid them.
They do not like their beliefs to be challenged or have their faith
questioned. And they always want you to conform what they believe is right.
But then how does one know the truth? But sometimes trying to figure out
the truth can be a dangerous game when it comes to a belief or life style.

Now when people preach by the sword or prison like some other countries. I
will most certainly change my belief or what I say regardless. To live is
the highest priority. But our society is leaning towards limiting what
people say and do here in the US.

Free speech is coming to an end and I will abide by the laws of the land.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Snag" wrote in message
Martin Riddle wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
of freshly picked cantalope is wafting throughout my house . When I
went out to check the garden early this morning , I could smell the
aroma when I was still several feet away . Touched the stem and it
fell off the fruit , so it's sittin' on my kitchen counter right now
. I picked one the other day , but got it just a tiny bit too early
and it wasn't as sweet as I like - the neighbor down the street got
that one . Now if this steenkin' heat wave would break , maybe my
'maters would start setting fruit again . Hasn't been a bumper year
for them , but there's still hope ! Got a few on the plants , and
some are starting to ripen . Now all I gotta do is beat the bugs to
them ! --
Snag
Learning keeps
you young !

How may lopes? I have 2 hills and about 6 plants and only see 4
softball sized fruit.
I've had plenty of pollinators the last month.

Zone 6 NY

Cheers

I've got about a dozen more in various stages of growth , on 6 plants
. And they're still bloomin' ...

And that one tastes as sweet as it smelled . Giant 'lope , about 10"
long and over 7" in diameter . And Juicy ! I made a mess of the
countertop cuttin' it up to put into a tupperware bowl for
refrigerator storage .
I ended up puttin some in a ziploc , my second-biggest bowl wasn't
big enough . The biggest one is gonna be full of home made spaghetti
sauce as soon as it cools enough .
--

I had a melon fall off a vine that has since died. But I now see 3 more
starting to develop. So hopefully it stays warm here in NY.

Cheers