Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2014, 04:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Kale vs Bok Choy

Can kale be subbed in stirfry for bok choy ? I have kale seeds , but have
never grown it . I'm getting my plan together for this year's garden , with
an emphasis on staples such as corn , beans dry and green , tomatoes , etc
, but I'd like to try some new stuff . I see from looking online that kale
and bok are both brassicas , and wondered how different they would be in
chinese cooking .
I'll be tryin' to grow lettuce again , but I think I'll try something
besides black seeded simpson , never have been happy with the lettuce I've
grown . Might even try a headed variety this year . Also going to attempt
some spinach , we really like it in salads . Hmm , kale might be good in
salad too ...
I'll be doubling the garden space this year , since I'm here full time now
and I just filed for retirement . I told my wife I'm going to become a
"Gentleman Farmer" , she like to fell out laughing at me ... but hey , we've
got "livestock" chickens , and I'll be growing stuff , so what's so funny
?
--
Snag

Bok choy seeding Terry Coombs Edible Gardening 4 09-06-2014 03:39 AM
Baby Bok Choy [email protected] Gardening 5 20-02-2009 03:28 PM
Bolting broccoli and bok choy Persephone Gardening 7 09-04-2007 11:40 PM
bok choy Nancy Australia 12 05-07-2006 09:09 AM
Bok Choy problem JRYezierski Edible Gardening 2 10-06-2004 09:04 PM