Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-09-2003, 03:02 AM
walms

Default privacy nightmare!

Hi folks,

I'm in a suburb in southern Ontario. We decided to buy a house that backs
onto conservation to get a little more privacy than the standard lot would
offer. Everything was great until our next door neigbour decides to install
a patio door and 2nd floor deck off the back of their house with a full view
of our back yard!!! (which wouldn't be so bad if they had a better past time
than watching us swim).
As the old saying goes, tall fences make for good neighbours... I'm looking
for a 15' fence! unfortunately the local bylaw will only allow for 6'.

Any good suggestions? It seems to be popular to go white cedar, but I'm not
totally impressed with the look. I have to cover about a 30' length.

I've done a couple of searches and came up with a few names:

Hungarian lilac
Spartan juniper
English laurel
Red elder