Old 30-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Doug Kanter

"Cereus-validus." wrote in message
. com...
Gay redneck Republicans in Arizona?

Do they carry guns too?

Come on, Billy Joe! Make him squeeeeeal like a pig burp! banjo music

Old 06-11-2004, 06:02 AM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paghat
Put my ballot in the mail today. In the past I've gotten a bit weirded out
voting before most everyone else, but what needed to be done this time was
so obvious, if galling, that I just did the "all democrats" thing with the
realization that if that doesn't work, things will only get worse, whereas
if it does work, things may merely stay just as bad.

On our ballot the only well-represented third-party is Libertarians. About
two out of every three of their basic ideas aren't all that nutty, but
when they're wrong, hooboy are they off the deep end nuts. If they ever
had an ounce of power they promise to give the national forests away to
big business who will of course be excellent guardians of the resources
for everyone. And the moon is made of cheese. A civil libertarian myself,
it annoys me that the word has become increasingly associated with these
crackpots.

The Greens weren't well represented on the ballot & the Green presidential
candidate is such a screw-loose dipshit anyway; yesterday I heard him
actually promising in his swishy Sylvester lisp, "We will fightth for the
rightth of animalth and plantth." Well good for you buster, but I'm afraid
the plants might outwit you, & by the way, you're embarrassing to
environmentalists. Or how about voting Nader -- that'd be like voting for
a pot of moldy beans & then when you sit down to eat, surprise surprise,
it's still moldy beans. Besides, he still owes me the $20 he stole from
me.

Constitution party? Is there slogan on women's rights still, "Barefoot &
Pregnant & In the Kitchen!" They make crazy-right Bush look like a
moderate. They're such fundamentalist twits with zero sense of history,
talking about some alternate-world wherein founding fathers weren't Deists
& Masons after all, but Baptists, & they're not joking, they really
believe their crap is sweet. The Constitution Party makes me miss the
Northwest Rhinocerous Party which ran on platforms of party hats & moon
colonies & a tiddly-wink in every pot, which made ever so much more
logical sense. So while in past years I've liked to vote for the
occasional third party, this year there wouldn't've been any non-loony
choices anyhow.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

Now that elections are over, I thought this would be appropriate. Most of you will get a good laugh out of this!

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/11/302053.shtml

Newt
__________________
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:03 AM
Registered User

[...]

Now that elections are over, I thought this would be appropriate. Unfortunately, most of you should get a good laugh out of this, after you wipe your tears.

Old 06-11-2004, 05:37 PM
Doug Kanter

&
[...]

http://tinyurl.com/52e5w

Newt

Perfect. :-)

Old 06-11-2004, 06:45 PM
paghat

No doubt many of y'all saw this already because it's been making the email
rounds for a few weeks, but here's what George W. Bush really thinks of
all of us:

http://static.vidvote.com/movies/bushuncensored.mov

-paggers

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

Old 07-11-2004, 01:10 PM
IntarsiaCo

thought this would be appropriate.
Unfortunately, most of you should get a good laugh out of this, after
you wipe your tears.

http://tinyurl.com/52e5w

Ah, more claptrap from The People's Republic of Portland.
Time to succeed and join Canada, eh?
Old 07-11-2004, 04:15 PM
escape

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 10:45:08 -0800, (paghat)
opined:

No doubt many of y'all saw this already because it's been making the email
rounds for a few weeks, but here's what George W. Bush really thinks of
all of us:

http://static.vidvote.com/movies/bushuncensored.mov

-paggers

Yes, saw it, know it, still know it. I don't know what country I live in any
more. I cannot explain the feeling in this household. I cannot believe
religion is running my country. I can't believe the religious man running it
gave us the finger. I don't understand anything.

Old 07-11-2004, 07:42 PM
IntarsiaCo

As an intelligent dyslexic to a dumb one, that'd be secede, rather than
succeed

I'm sinistral, not dyslexic, and obviously, not perfect. But thanks for your
concern.
Speaking of Republics, did you see the first post election diplomatic shot
across the bow of old Europe by the Bush administration?. They UNILATERALY
recognized the Republic of Macedonia's name, much to the dismay of Greece, and
I'm sure shortly the EU and the UN.

http://www.hellenicnews.com/readnews...d=2591&lang=US

From the red corner of a blue state with 'Katsura' peaking and Lachenalia
rising.

Old 07-11-2004, 07:56 PM
paghat

In article , Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The message
from escape contains these words:

Yes, saw it, know it, still know it. I don't know what country I live
in any
more. I cannot explain the feeling in this household. I cannot believe
religion is running my country. I can't believe the religious man
running it
gave us the finger. I don't understand anything.

Tush, V, that was "the greatest ever democracy in action". Imagine what
your illustrious demonstration must mean to all those envious
third-world dictatorships.

All those godly people who voted for Bush's track record, took personal
responsibility for his foreign policy and its consequences to
yourselves. They made your bed, now lie in it.

Bush's second term is the kiss of death to poodle Tony Blair's hopes of
re-election next year, btw, so you're on your own now.

Janet.(Scotland)

An added level of tragedy is that people who "love" Bush are in the
deepest kaka of all. They voted for him not because any of his policies
will benefit them, but because he bolsters their desire to express bigotry
against queers, ragheads, feminists, Jews for not praying to Jesus in the
public schools, darkies who don't toady to the "Republican" ideals (OF
COURSE someone like Powell who will destroy his own credibility for life
by lying his ass off for the Master is a good darky, but anyhone
disobediant to the master is dismissed as a crackhead ******). The "moral"
agenda of hatred for queers, hatred for non-christians, hatred for science
(for everything from proving evolution is real to pursuing stem cell
research), hatred for anything progressive (making "liberal" a dirty word
for failing to hate queers & darkies & ragheaeds quite enough) -- none of
this REALLY helps lower class white fundamentalists yabobs. if they cared
about themselves they'd be activists in unions; they'd be peace activists
so their own families have a chance of a decent lifespan; they'd be with
progressives seeking equality & opportunity for the underprivileged,
because the Lord knows these trailer park yabobs would benefit from that.
But noooooo, they think they'll come out of head if they can keep a few
queers at bay. Cuz God knows the waspy yabobs lives will mean nothing good
at all if faggots get married. Lordy lordy, if that were allowed, next
thing you know their own daddy will be marrying that godforsaken goat of
his.

The support they feel from the president on these matters really doesn't
improve their lives, as they still hunker down in trailer parks unable to
find decent jobs or get decent healthcare for themselves or their
children. But losing jobs because the president gave big taxbreaks for any
corporation who sends the jobs overseas, that affects their lives.
Trillions of dollars of national debt so that corporations don't have to
pay taxes & the bill for World War III can be paid off by our kids, that
will effect their lives supposing they ever do get a job in this life,
even if it's only in the no-other-choice volunteer army. A pay-as-you-go,
or just drop dead healthcare system kills them as rapidly as anyone it
kills anyone with a progressive viewpoint. The trailer yabobs who like him
best make up one of the biggest percentages of our recent wardead, because
they had no job opportunities but to volunteer to become cannon fodder.
There aren't many kids from well-off families dying over there.

Those of us who can see the obvious worry about all of America, not just
the ones who attend churches of bigotry. But they all too often just glory
in "ha ha! You don't have a president, we do!" Because Bush's #1 "moral"
agenda is to keep America divided, since a divided nation is one that
can't do anything about it as Bush Brother monitors even what we check out
of the library & whittles away at everyone's civil rights so that he can
continue to turn the nation over to multinational corporations who are
already making both domestic & international policy. The right may have
voted for him so he'll change the Constitution and make sure queers never
have equal rights, but even supposing he succeeds at that, to be able to
SMUGLY die of a treatable disease because you're po' white trash seems
small recompense.

Old 07-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Cereus-validus.

Don't you know that the typical Bush supporter is an illiterate idiot just
like him?

Remember that his foreign policy is "strategery"!!!

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
thought this would be appropriate.

Ah, more claptrap from The People's Republic of Portland.
Time to succeed and join Canada, eh?

I'm pretty sure you meant "secede", but "succeed" is more appropriate
than you'll ever know :-).

Old 08-11-2004, 01:10 AM
escape

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 19:10:21 GMT, Janet Baraclough..
opined:

[...]

I'm on MY own? Nobody but I made my own bed. I'm not part of the big blob of
the toothless...sorry to anyone here who is toothless. I live in Austin where
Kerry blew out the county. Everywhere else in TX, Bush won. Yeeeeeeeeeeha.

So, let's hope smirky goes the way Nixon went. Down in a blaze of his
pomposity. Pretty soon, we'll all work at Walmart and buy Dell computers which
use Microsoft, who only gives jobs to India and Pakistan.

Yeah, things are looking up. Praise god.