Old 19-09-2006, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Who are these urglers?

My theory is that if people had any idea what the other urglers looked like
it would help towards less misunderstanding.

I don't know why I think that, but I think I'm right. I always think I'm
right. If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing rigger boots
I will address them differently from someone wearing a twinset and pearls.

Here is a Marvo pic. It features neither tattoos nor pearls.

http://www.backtrack.org/images/marvo.jpg

I don't normally dress quite like that, I'm usually scruffy. You may guess
why I am wearing whatever it is in that pic.

Old 19-09-2006, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:10:27 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:

My theory is that if people had any idea what the other urglers
looked like it would help towards less misunderstanding.

I don't know why I think that, but I think I'm right. I always think
I'm right. If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing
rigger boots I will address them differently from someone wearing a
twinset and pearls.

Here is a Marvo pic. It features neither tattoos nor pearls.

http://www.backtrack.org/images/marvo.jpg

I don't normally dress quite like that, I'm usually scruffy. You may
guess why I am wearing whatever it is in that pic.

Follicly challenged?

That is one thing I didn't inherit from great-Uncle Marvo, who is coot-like.

Old 19-09-2006, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
My theory is that if people had any idea what the other urglers looked
like it would help towards less misunderstanding.

I don't know why I think that, but I think I'm right. I always think I'm
right. If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing rigger
boots I will address them differently from someone wearing a twinset and
pearls.

Here is a Marvo pic. It features neither tattoos nor pearls.

http://www.backtrack.org/images/marvo.jpg

Very nice.

Here is me

http://www.bibi.org/box/2005/junho/James_Joyce.jpg

Des

Old 19-09-2006, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:10:27 +0100, Uncle Marvo wrote
(in article ):

My theory is that if people had any idea what the other urglers looked like
it would help towards less misunderstanding.

I don't know why I think that, but I think I'm right. I always think I'm
right. If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing rigger boots
I will address them differently from someone wearing a twinset and pearls.

Boggle. What if they have tattoos, rigger boots, and also twinset and
pearls? I understand what you're trying to say, but speaking personally I
couldn't care less what people on this group or any other look like. They
could have two heads for all I care. The most important thing to me is the
quality of their gardening advice and their reaction to others.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 19-09-2006, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Uncle Marvo
writes
My theory is that if people had any idea what the other urglers looked like
it would help towards less misunderstanding.

I don't know why I think that, but I think I'm right. I always think I'm
right. If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing rigger boots
I will address them differently from someone wearing a twinset and pearls.

Here is a Marvo pic. It features neither tattoos nor pearls.

http://www.backtrack.org/images/marvo.jpg

I don't normally dress quite like that, I'm usually scruffy. You may guess
why I am wearing whatever it is in that pic.

Aw Bless

PS Where's the parrot?
--
June Hughes
Old 19-09-2006, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Des Higgins" wrote in message
. ie...

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
My theory is that if people had any idea what the other urglers looked
like it would help towards less misunderstanding.

I don't know why I think that, but I think I'm right. I always think I'm
right. If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing rigger
boots I will address them differently from someone wearing a twinset and
pearls.

Here is a Marvo pic. It features neither tattoos nor pearls.

http://www.backtrack.org/images/marvo.jpg

Very nice.

Here is me

http://www.bibi.org/box/2005/junho/James_Joyce.jpg

Des

You looked better in this one -

http://i9.tinypic.com/4c2xh1k.jpg

In 1929 the scuptor Constantin Brancusi was commisioned to produce
illustrations for the first edition of Ulysses, including the
above - "Spirit of Joyce".*

When a sketch of it was was shown to John Joyce his father in Dublin
the response was - "The boy seems to have changed a good deal".

michael adams

Old 19-09-2006, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

In message , Uncle Marvo
writes
My theory is that if people had any idea what the other urglers
looked like it would help towards less misunderstanding.

I don't know why I think that, but I think I'm right. I always think
I'm right. If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing
rigger boots I will address them differently from someone wearing a
twinset and pearls. Here is a Marvo pic. It features neither tattoos nor
pearls.

http://www.backtrack.org/images/marvo.jpg

I don't normally dress quite like that, I'm usually scruffy. You may
guess why I am wearing whatever it is in that pic.

Aw Bless

PS Where's the parrot?

Ah, you're getting close :-)

Old 19-09-2006, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article et, Sally
Thompson writes

Boggle. What if they have tattoos, rigger boots, and also twinset and
pearls? I understand what you're trying to say, but speaking personally I
couldn't care less what people on this group or any other look like. They
could have two heads for all I care. The most important thing to me is the
quality of their gardening advice and their reaction to others.

Absolutely ,Sally, you have hit the nail on the head - it's the quality
of their gardening advice and their reaction to others, not their
nationality or their age, status or class, I'm grateful for any
gardening advice, from whatever source, so long as it is accurate
--
Judith Lea
Old 19-09-2006, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:42:13 +0100, Uncle Marvo wrote
(in article ):

, I, Marvo, say :

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:10:27 +0100, Uncle Marvo wrote
(in article ):

My theory is that if people had any idea what the other urglers
looked like it would help towards less misunderstanding.

I don't know why I think that, but I think I'm right. I always think
I'm right. If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing
rigger boots I will address them differently from someone wearing a
twinset and pearls.

Boggle. What if they have tattoos, rigger boots, and also twinset and
pearls? I understand what you're trying to say, but speaking
personally I couldn't care less what people on this group or any
other look like. They could have two heads for all I care. The most
important thing to me is the quality of their gardening advice and
their reaction to others.

Ah, the chap with rigger boots and twinset is barred. He didn't get on with
the other customers.

gSurprising, that.

I did say I always /think/ I'm right, not that I /am/. And I always try to
react appropriately to others. Please let me know if I don't.

You're doing pretty well. Nice sense of humour.

BTW what is boggle? And how do I get rid of this spare head?

Don't you ever boggle at something? (No, it's not rude.) As for the spare
head, I think a little judicious pruning could come in handy. You may of
course need to resort to a chainsaw but that can be messy - not to say
dangerous in the wrong handsg - see, back on gardening.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
bed and breakfast near Ludlow:

Old 19-09-2006, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

... If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing rigger boots
I will address them differently from someone wearing a twinset and pearls.

I haven't seen anyone wearing a twin set, never mind pearls, for years!

Mary

Old 19-09-2006, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

... If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing rigger
boots I will address them differently from someone wearing a twinset
and pearls.

I haven't seen anyone wearing a twin set, never mind pearls, for
years!

You go to the wrong pubs :-)

Old 19-09-2006, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:15:02 +0100, Judith Lea wrote
(in article ):

In article et, Sally
Thompson writes

Boggle. What if they have tattoos, rigger boots, and also twinset and
pearls? I understand what you're trying to say, but speaking personally I
couldn't care less what people on this group or any other look like. They
could have two heads for all I care. The most important thing to me is the
quality of their gardening advice and their reaction to others.

Absolutely ,Sally, you have hit the nail on the head - it's the quality
of their gardening advice and their reaction to others, not their
nationality or their age, status or class, I'm grateful for any
gardening advice, from whatever source, so long as it is accurate

And I have to say that goes for other NGs as well. I subscribe to a few
technical groups. I discovered by chance once that someone who gives
consistently good, mature advice was in fact under 20. It was the maturity
and the quality of the advice that shone through, not his age - because I
didn't know it, didn't care and what's more important (to me) _he_ didn't
show it by his responses.

Old 19-09-2006, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith Lea wrote:
In article et, Sally
Thompson writes

Boggle. What if they have tattoos, rigger boots, and also twinset and
pearls? I understand what you're trying to say, but speaking personally I
couldn't care less what people on this group or any other look like. They
could have two heads for all I care. The most important thing to me is the
quality of their gardening advice and their reaction to others.

Absolutely ,Sally, you have hit the nail on the head - it's the quality
of their gardening advice and their reaction to others, not their
nationality or their age, status or class, I'm grateful for any
gardening advice, from whatever source, so long as it is accurate
--
Judith Lea

Best way to find out is to go to an Urglers meet, I was only able to
get to one before I left the UK for sunny Spain.

Old 19-09-2006, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:58:20 +0100, Mike in Spain wrote
(in article .com):

Judith Lea wrote:
In article et, Sally
Thompson writes

Boggle. What if they have tattoos, rigger boots, and also twinset and
pearls? I understand what you're trying to say, but speaking personally I
couldn't care less what people on this group or any other look like. They
could have two heads for all I care. The most important thing to me is the
quality of their gardening advice and their reaction to others.

Absolutely ,Sally, you have hit the nail on the head - it's the quality
of their gardening advice and their reaction to others, not their
nationality or their age, status or class, I'm grateful for any
gardening advice, from whatever source, so long as it is accurate
--
Judith Lea

Best way to find out is to go to an Urglers meet, I was only able to
get to one before I left the UK for sunny Spain.

Well in that case I vote we have an Urglers meet in Spaing