Old 10-02-2007, 12:36 AM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Tetanus jabs

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

That could be so I guess, but I would have thought that the

warnings
about how to identify the spread of an infection would be a

universal
thing?????????

I would have no idea how to identify an infection!

I'm sure you do, otherwise how would you know it's time to go to
either see a Doc or go to the hospital.

Just before I die?

LOL. That would be ideal but I don't think that too many of us will
be able to achieve that. More a gradual process of bits dropping off
and needing Doctor's attention before we finally fall off the perch..

Old 10-02-2007, 03:27 AM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

Alan Holmes wrote:
"Robert Goodrick" wrote in message

Alan Holmes wrote:

I would have no idea how to identify an infection!

Whats that?

I've no idea!

Good, that's settled then ..... nuther pint?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9 Feb, 22:44, "Space" wrote:
don't get me wrong - i am a completley neutral party to all events and will
remain that way.

That's indeed what I like to read ;o)

maybe it is best you disengage from some conversations.

Yes - but sometimes the urge to just say 'hang on there ...' is too
strong!

anyway, how's snowy Manchester?- Hide quoted text -

Snowy, SNOWY?!? We are devastated at the appauling trick the weather
has played on us. Would you beleive that the snow passed us by?! We
saw it passing above our head - we were ready with our sledges and
gloves, hat and plastic sacks, ready for the Oldham hills. Even
planned a convoy with friends and a pub lunch with open fires and good
stout. Not a bleeding flake in sight! AAaaarrrghhh, the kids are so
upset (

Old 10-02-2007, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10 Feb, 15:37, Martin wrote:
To the south of you where it did snow, it has melted.

Tee hee ... Feeling much better now. Thank you Martin )

Old 10-02-2007, 06:09 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

That could be so I guess, but I would have thought that the
warnings
about how to identify the spread of an infection would be a
universal
thing?????????

I would have no idea how to identify an infection!

I'm sure you do, otherwise how would you know it's time to go to
either see a Doc or go to the hospital.

Just before I die?

LOL. That would be ideal but I don't think that too many of us will
be able to achieve that. More a gradual process of bits dropping off
and needing Doctor's attention before we finally fall off the perch..

I don't like the sound of bits dropping off!(:-)

Alan

Old 10-02-2007, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 23:32:10 +0000, June Hughes

wrote:

In message , 'Mike'
writes

June Hughes typed

Alan is an old man, Helen. No. He isn't stupid but give him a
chance,
please.

How old is 'old'?

Mike

Ask Alan.

He'll be flattered to know that I thought he was small child.

Damn, how did I give that away?

Alan

Old 11-02-2007, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , 'Mike'
writes

How old is 'old'?

Mike

When you start to concentrate on annuals and biennials and it's not
worth planting trees?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 11-02-2007, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10 Feb, 15:51, Martin wrote:
We are feeling much better my son to the south west of you moved across
Sheffield from a flat to a house and had also arranged for the delivery of a new
fridge and furniture. Amazingly all went to plan.

Hey! Happy new house to him. It's a great city - I'm going there to
check out the university and the many works they do with meadows on
embankments, motorways, roofs etc. There's a quiet revolution going
on. It's exciting )

Old 11-02-2007, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , 'Mike'
writes

How old is 'old'?

Mike

When you start to concentrate on annuals and biennials and it's not worth
planting trees?

LOL!

I wish I'd thought of that, but then my mind finds it difficult to think at
all!

Alan

Old 11-02-2007, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

On 9/2/07 17:34, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"bof" wrote in message
In message , Sacha
writes
Just a word of warning to those who haven't had a tetanus jab lately.
Please keep up to date!

I got bitten by a dog a while back and went to hospital for a tetanus jab,
they said they didn't bother giving them these days.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk

Yes that figures. I asked the Doc about tetanus injections and he said the
same. Perhaps policy varies from place to place?

Must do. Ray was given one when he finally went for help, two days after
the bites. But the doctor we talked to later said that it's the infection
in the wound that's worrying, not tetanus, though he did say tetanus jabs
would be routine in such cases - this might be because Ray works in
horticulture. He's out of hospital and home but still his hand is painful
and tomorrow he has to go for a check up at the hospital.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 11-02-2007, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/2/07 22:44, in article , "Space"
wrote:

snip

Does Ray own the nursey? I don't know. if he is, he is not placing his
employees at risk. he is only placing himself at risk. if he is not his
employees have a duty of care.

Yes, Ray owns the nursery. ;-) Yes, we check our employees are properly
covered in terms of health and insurance, as are the public who visit us.
Yes, Puce couldn't possibly resist the opportunity of this piece of
nastiness. She has actually driven here to be photographed outside, staring
at our entrance sign, so she certainly knows Ray owns the nursery, where it
is, etc. Apart from anything else my sig.file makes the situation clear.

However, what happened to Ray, happened in our private house, not in the
nursery and it was as such that I posted. Any gardener, anyone working with
animals might have this reaction to a dog bite.

I saw your post as a dig at sacha, you did post your opinion. maybe a
clouded opinion because "others" were invlolved.

Yes, it was a dig but that is not unusual. Ray has had many tetanus
injections in his 73 years of life but the reason for my posting as I did
was to warn/remind all those who might not have kept up to date for one
reason or another. AIUI (from our doctor) how old you are, your general
health and when you first and last had tet injections (i.e. what vaccine
would have been used) are all factors that must be considered. And quite
rarely, some people are allergic to the normal tet vaccine and perhaps, need
to be aware of that, too.

snip

Old 11-02-2007, 10:23 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 9/2/07 09:40, in article , "Alan
McKenzie" wrote:

nurses are very often much better at inserting cannula than young
housepersons! Seven attempts is obscene - she should have given up and
passed it to a nurse after her first and most certainly her second failed
attempt.

Well, Ray certainly didn't blame her and in fact was trying to soothe her
feelings. She did her best and she did go for help. I agree with you that
I'd rather have an injection (have never needed a cannula, touch wood) from
a nurse when in hospital, at least. They seem to do far more of them than
doctors do and so are more practised! IME, which is mercifully slight,
they're very sure and deft.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Sacha wrote:

I agree with you that
I'd rather have an injection (have never needed a cannula, touch wood) from
a nurse when in hospital, at least.

Ughh! I woke with one of those inserted into my arm when I conked out
through anaphylactic shock a few years ago. Thankfully I wasn't aware
of them sticking the darned thing in, but I can remember how sore it
was while in the vein and being extremely grateful when they took it
out.

Glad to hear that Ray's at home BTW. Of course your main problem now
will be keeping him from trying to do some work until his hand is
fully recovered.