Old 23-04-2009, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cat

sifting through the replies, as I have two cats and want to plant a
herb garden at home rather than the allotment (where let's face it,
EVERYTHING roams)
btw shotguns / warfarin/ carpet gripper aren't an option as I love my
cats - don't mind if they go next door though -
Nellie
Old 24-04-2009, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from nellie contains these words:

sifting through the replies, as I have two cats and want to plant a
herb garden at home rather than the allotment (where let's face it,
EVERYTHING roams)
btw shotguns / warfarin/ carpet gripper aren't an option as I love my
cats - don't mind if they go next door though -

Plant a patch of catmint/catnip in a nice sunny, sheltered place, well
away from the herb garden, and provide a nice fresh piece of ground that
any cat would mistake for a valuable seedbed?

--
Rusty
Old 24-04-2009, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Rusty_Hinge writes
The message
from nellie contains these words:

sifting through the replies, as I have two cats and want to plant a
herb garden at home rather than the allotment (where let's face it,
EVERYTHING roams)
btw shotguns / warfarin/ carpet gripper aren't an option as I love my
cats - don't mind if they go next door though -

Plant a patch of catmint/catnip in a nice sunny, sheltered place, well
away from the herb garden, and provide a nice fresh piece of ground that
any cat would mistake for a valuable seedbed?

And in your *real* seedbed, stick pieces of stick vertically at about 4
inch intervals
--
Kay

Old 25-04-2009, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , "/\\BratMan/\\"
writes
Neighbours cat, how can it be repulsed from using my garden as toilet?

By coincidence on Live At The Apollo last night, Lee Mack:

"My neighbour asked me if I'd seen her cat.
I said - No, is there a reward, she said there might be.
I said how muc? I'd heard noises...
She said £25.
I said these noises were £50 noises...
She gave me £50, so I went and let it out of my shed".
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Old 25-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Registered User

Get a air gun and shoot the cat
Just make sure you don't kill it lol

Like the guy above says, sprinkle chilli powder in the soil
or build a tiny fence around the garden, how is your garden?
What are you growing?
Old 26-04-2009, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Welsh Jackson" wrote in message
"davej" wrote:

If my dog shits on the road or the pavement, on the grass across the
street,
or up the hill where I walk her, I am obliged to pick it up.

Why then is a cat allowed to shit anywhere it likes, with impunity?

Because it is recognised in law that dogs can be controlled by their owners
and cats can't.

Old 26-04-2009, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"davej" wrote:

If my dog shits on the road or the pavement, on the grass across the
street,
or up the hill where I walk her, I am obliged to pick it up.

Why then is a cat allowed to shit anywhere it likes, with impunity?

Because it is recognised in law that dogs can be controlled by their
owners and cats can't.

That's not a reason, that's an excuse from a, presumably, cat-loving judge!

Old 27-04-2009, 05:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"graham" wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Anne Welsh Jackson" wrote:
"davej" wrote:

If my dog shits on the road or the pavement, on the grass across
the street, or up the hill where I walk her, I am obliged to pick it
up.

Why then is a cat allowed to shit anywhere it likes, with impunity?

Because it is recognised in law that dogs can be controlled by their
owners and cats can't.

That's not a reason, that's an excuse from a, presumably, cat-loving
judge!

If cat owners were forced to clean up the crap that their pets pollute
the neighbourhood with, perhaps some of them might feel less
inclined to keep the damned pests?

One can live in hope!

Old 27-04-2009, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

"davej" wrote:

If my dog shits on the road or the pavement, on the grass across the
street,
or up the hill where I walk her, I am obliged to pick it up.

Why is it that so many dog owners feel it is acceptable to wrap their
dog poo in a little pink plastic bag and impale the bag and its contents
on the nearest tree?
--
Kay

Old 27-04-2009, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , K
writes

"Anne Welsh Jackson" wrote in message
.. .
"davej" wrote:

If my dog shits on the road or the pavement, on the grass across the
street,
or up the hill where I walk her, I am obliged to pick it up.

Why is it that so many dog owners feel it is acceptable to wrap their
dog poo in a little pink plastic bag and impale the bag and its
contents on the nearest tree?

Or dump it anywhere? Walks around a local country park are
spoiled for me by these parcels. I remarked on them to one dog
walker, and she said: "They leave them on their way out for a walk, and
collect them on the way back".
Some might, most don't, IME.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 27-04-2009, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "graham" contains these words:
"davej" wrote:

If my dog shits on the road or the pavement, on the grass across the
street,
or up the hill where I walk her, I am obliged to pick it up.

Why then is a cat allowed to shit anywhere it likes, with impunity?

Because it is recognised in law that dogs can be controlled by their
owners and cats can't.

That's not a reason, that's an excuse from a, presumably, cat-loving judge!

No, that's a reason, not an excuse.

--
Rusty
Old 27-04-2009, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"graham" wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Anne Welsh Jackson" wrote:
"davej" wrote:

If my dog shits on the road or the pavement, on the grass across
the street, or up the hill where I walk her, I am obliged to pick it
up.

Why then is a cat allowed to shit anywhere it likes, with impunity?

Because it is recognised in law that dogs can be controlled by their
owners and cats can't.

That's not a reason, that's an excuse from a, presumably, cat-loving
judge!

If cat owners were forced to clean up the crap that their pets pollute
the neighbourhood with, perhaps some of them might feel less
inclined to keep the damned pests?

One can live in hope!

Aren't there any cats there?

--
Rusty
Old 27-04-2009, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from K contains these words:
"davej" wrote:

If my dog shits on the road or the pavement, on the grass across the
street,
or up the hill where I walk her, I am obliged to pick it up.

Why is it that so many dog owners feel it is acceptable to wrap their
dog poo in a little pink plastic bag and impale the bag and its contents
on the nearest tree?

Probably for a similar reason that 'bicycle' riders on the banks of the
River Roding used to festoon a certain bush with filled trophies of
their conquests.

--
Rusty
Old 27-04-2009, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message ,
"graham" wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Anne Welsh Jackson" wrote:
"davej" wrote:

If my dog shits on the road or the pavement, on the grass across
the street, or up the hill where I walk her, I am obliged to pick it
up.

Why then is a cat allowed to shit anywhere it likes, with impunity?

Because it is recognised in law that dogs can be controlled by their
owners and cats can't.

That's not a reason, that's an excuse from a, presumably, cat-loving
judge!

If cat owners were forced to clean up the crap that their pets pollute
the neighbourhood with, perhaps some of them might feel less
inclined to keep the damned pests?

One can live in hope!

Aren't there any cats there?

I was in castleton last November, if you'd asked then I could have
checked.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Is a animal chaser/cat utrasonic cat deterrent harmful? [email protected] United Kingdom 3 21-04-2015 09:40 AM
Patio Garden, Cat Friendly help requested Bill Gates Gardening 6 17-03-2011 05:05 PM
Re(2): Seven Biggest Cat Boxes in the County Charlie Edible Gardening 1 22-03-2003 02:32 PM
Cat Grass! Andy United Kingdom 5 07-02-2003 01:20 AM
Cat DaveDay34 United Kingdom 0 29-09-2002 11:03 PM