Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Kay Easton

Default Steep bank how to plant help please

In article , Sacha
writes

Scratch the G. palmatum. The wind will decimate it in an exposed site and I
should have thought of that before. But the Hypericum and Vinca are both
possibles. Hypericum is commonly known as St John's Wort and Vinca as
speedwell.

Is it?????
I've always known speedwells as veronicas, and Vincas as periwinkles
(though why they should have the same name as a smelly sea snail I don't
know!)
But then I'm out of step on gilliflowers as well.
And my mother always called marsh marigolds 'Crazes'
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Steep bank and new to gardening! Sme83 United Kingdom 1 16-04-2006 10:24 AM
Having steep sides on a pond? Han Chung Ponds 0 28-12-2003 09:16 PM
Steep Hill Problem Bee Gardening 4 03-08-2003 10:42 PM
Ground Cover for Steep Bank DavesVideo Gardening 8 23-07-2003 01:42 AM
help please STEEP hillside garden alice United Kingdom 8 31-03-2003 09:08 PM