Old 03-11-2003, 01:12 AM
oldmolly

Default Fox's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh

"Jaques d'Altrades" wrote in message
The message
from martin contains these words:

/snip/
Making the presumption that the defendant acted in self-defence any
stronger would mean sanctioning a disproportionate response,
encouraging householders to use guns, electric fences and rottweilers.
It might also fall foul of the right to life guarantee in the Human
Rights Act, which comes into force this October.

However, it is the *DUTY* of a citizen to try to prevent the commission
of a serious crime. If the intruder is trespassing with intent to steal,
this is a serious crime, and if the wording of the law hasn't been
changed since the term 'felony' was superceded by 'serious crime', he
may use 'any means at his disposal to do so'.

Assuming that wording still to be in force, I think that would have got
Tony Martin off if it had been argued, as the trespasser would still
have been in commission of the crime while he
was on private property whether he was fleeing or not.

The 'reasonable force' does not come into it as it is permitted rather
than obligatory.

I am seriously worried now. I picture a trespasser coming onto my land one
night, getting a shock from the fence, being bitten by a goose, and he then
trips over one of the many dogs bones (8 dogs) laying about, and fallling
down one of the holes that they have dug and screaming, which scares the
pigs, which gallop over to see what is going on, and might buffet, or bite
said trespasser. More screams attract the dogs, (2 of which will savage
him). Jesus, I am a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Old 03-11-2003, 01:12 AM
oldmolly

"martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 18:46:58 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

And no mention of some form of Dogless Urban Fox Hunt.

the good old fashioned man hunt? :-)

I'm on one o' them lavicious grin

Old 03-11-2003, 07:03 PM
David Hill

"............. I am seriously worried now. I picture a trespasser coming
onto my land one night, getting a shock from the fence, being bitten by a
goose, and he then trips over one of the many dogs bones (8 dogs) laying
about, and falling down one of the holes that they have dug and screaming,
which scares the pigs, which gallop over to see what is going on, and might
buffet, or bite said trespasser. More screams attract the dogs, (2 of which
will savage him). Jesus, I am a lawsuit waiting to happen. ........"

But then the pigs will savage him and then devour most of the body, The dogs
will then finish off anything left, so you will be saving on the food bills
and there will be no evidence, well not once the pigs have rooted around a
bit.

Go for it gall.
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Old 03-11-2003, 09:33 PM
martin

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 00:56:27 -0000, "oldmolly"
wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...
Because in English law you have a duty of care towards a trespasser.

Which is why my fence has a sign on it warning that it is an electric
fence.
The electric fence is the *least* of a trespasser's worries on my land.

"BEWARE OF OLD MOLLY" on the gate?

--=20
Martin

Old 07-11-2003, 01:43 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "oldmolly" contains these words:
wrote:

And no mention of some form of Dogless Urban Fox Hunt.

the good old fashioned man hunt? :-)

I'm on one o' them lavicious grin

Ooops! Run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 07-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

"BEWARE OF OLD MOLLY" on the gate?

And you think you're joking.........

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 07-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

The current will pass around the entire body!

********.

will spark.

Only when they hit each-other with some force. Then sparks are the least
of your worries.

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 07-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Ron Clark contains these words:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:02:43 GMT, Jaques d'Altrades
wrote:
The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

And, more importantly, the current path has to pass through the
heart if it
is to affect the beating of the heart muscle.

Franz

The current will pass around the entire body!

********.

There too

Moral - don't try to straddle an eclectic fence.

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 07-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

/snip/
Was it fitted as a security device?

Of course. Billy goats cause a lot of damage to roses, fruit trees,
raspberry canes etc if they get out.

ie no it wasn't!
A security device is used to prevent human intruders getting in!

Your lack of knowledge of English is only eclipsed by your ignorance of
physics.

--
Rusty Hinge

Old 07-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

/snip/
.......where is it she lives?

In Perth.

Oh,........middle of nowhere, that explains it!

Ye micht visit civilisation ane dee gin ye're lucky.

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 07-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Christopher Norton

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these words:

wrote:
The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

********.

There too

Moral - don't try to straddle an eclectic fence.

--
Rusty Hinge

I know a couple who would actually consider this as normal.

*sigh* I have some strange friends.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Ron Clark

wrote:
The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

********.

There too

Moral - don't try to straddle an eclectic fence.

--
Rusty Hinge

I know a couple who would actually consider this as normal.

*sigh* I have some strange friends.

Are you in Norfolk?

--
®óñ© © ²°°³
Old 07-11-2003, 06:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

wrote:
The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

********.

There too

Moral - don't try to straddle an eclectic fence.

I know a couple who would actually consider this as normal.

*sigh* I have some strange friends.

Are you in Norfolk?

Worserer......

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 07-11-2003, 06:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Christopher Norton contains these words:

Moral - don't try to straddle an eclectic fence.

I know a couple who would actually consider this as normal.

*sigh* I have some strange friends.

As an aid....?

--
Rusty Hinge

Does it realy fox the fox? John Towill United Kingdom 292 14-02-2004 09:34 AM
It's a Fox...not a coon... BenignVanilla Ponds 3 07-08-2003 01:32 PM
Is my Flying fox an SAE Scott Rogahn Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 19-06-2003 10:32 AM
Fox toilet Judy Rigby United Kingdom 16 22-05-2003 07:08 PM
Urban fox hedgehog United Kingdom 5 18-03-2003 05:20 PM