Old 26-10-2003, 03:03 PM
LordSnooty

Default Fox's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:42:21 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

You simply purchase a cheapo battery powered electric fence energiser and
run a strand of electric twine at about 10 - 12" from the ground. They will
only get zapped a couple of times before moving on to your neighbours land.
I have such a thing for sale if you are interested :0)

And the neighbour will then do what?
--

Well the fence would be also bordering the neighbour's garden so
presumably he would then need to buy half the mount of wire and so the

Till he gets to my garden, but because I am quite happy to live with
nature and share my garden with wildlife, which has as much right as I
do to enjoy it, then I wont need a fence and foxey can be quite happy
routing around in my garden.

I sometimes think these idiots who cannot live with nature, should be
confined to a window box in a loon bin, I do hope they have been
sterilized too, we'd hate them to breed.

..

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.801% richest people in the world.
There are 5,951,930,035 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 48,069,965
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/
Old 26-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , ned
writes
It's very re-assuring to hear that close proximity with Freddie tends
to change the 'common' view that he is a pretty, cuddly, colourful
addition to the landscape.

What bugs the country folk is that well meaning NIMBY townies have
actually been known to collect their urban rascals up and release them
in the country ......... and don't you rural thugs dare lay a finger
on them!!!!!

Yes. If you say so.

Yes I know they release them. A friend in the meon Valley in Hampshire
says that release the town ones quite oblivious to the fact that they
can't survive much in the 'proper' wild and bring in all sorts of new
diseases to the country population. Generally they don't survive for
long.

People in the towns seem, to think it's fine to
move the problem to the countryside, they just don't like the idea of
the countryside solving the problem

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 26-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Jason Pope

Jaques d'Altrades wrote:
The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

Erm, you could be opening yourself up to legal problems!
If someone was to come on your property and get shocked you could be sued!

? Sued for what? If someone were silly enough to be shocked and sue,
they might win ten pence in damages and run up hundreds of pounds costs.

Only in Mercadia......

Well you can get imprisoned for beating up burglers so anythings possible!
For the same reason you cannot put nails/glass on top of walls etc etc!

If electrification was legal, people would be doing it to their cars to
stop them from being broken into.

Also what happens if a guy with a heart condition gets shocked and dies?

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.

Old 26-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Jason Pope

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:31:03 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades wrote:

? Sued for what?

Damages. For example I suspect that a pace maker and fencer jolt
wouldn't get on to well.

However provided you stick to the legal requirements (warning
notices?) ensure that the line could not be touched from any place of
public access then (INAL) they would have a job getting a case to
stick.

No they wouldn't, some people cannot read!

Jason

Old 26-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Jason Pope

David Hill wrote:
"........... Erm, you could be opening yourself up to legal problems!
If someone was to come on your property and get shocked you could be
sued!........."

Interesting thought
If someone comes into your garden and has an allergic reaction to a plant
you are growing would you be liable?

How would they prove it?

Jason

Old 26-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Victoria Clare

Jason Pope wrote in
:

Jaques d'Altrades wrote:
The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

Erm, you could be opening yourself up to legal problems!
If someone was to come on your property and get shocked you could be
sued!

? Sued for what? If someone were silly enough to be shocked and sue,
they might win ten pence in damages and run up hundreds of pounds
costs.

Well you can get imprisoned for beating up burglers so anythings
possible! For the same reason you cannot put nails/glass on top of
walls etc etc!

If electrification was legal, people would be doing it to their cars
to stop them from being broken into.

Also what happens if a guy with a heart condition gets shocked and
dies?

Oh c'mon. The English countryside is littered with electric fences. My
sister has one to keep her horses from eating a whole field at a time,
and I see them keeping cows in order quite often. It's a widely used
form of stock control.

I don't know if it is possible that such a mild shock would kill a
person with a pacemaker, but I've never heard of it happening - have
you?

Electric fence wire is usually bright orange with silvery bits, and held
up by those special twirly supports: it's recognisable enough that even
cows and horses learn what it looks like and avoid it after a time or 2.

You'd need to have it lower as an anti-fox measure, but then it's in
your *garden*: presumably both private and enclosed. How many burgling
pacemaker-owners can there be?

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall
Old 26-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:17:15 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

"................ Magpies do not muscle in on anything, they happily
coexist
with much wildlife, here we can
often see magpie and sparrow in the same tree......"

And how is life in Camelot?

Gwynhafyr has run off with a knight again.

And goodknight to all our readers...

pulls curtains

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 26-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

People in the towns seem, to think it's fine to
move the problem to the countryside, they just don't like the idea of
the countryside solving the problem

That puts the situation in a nutshell.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 26-10-2003, 07:02 PM
len gardener

g'day chris,

i had a similar problem in the 'burbs in australia, we just saved our
urine daily and put that around the place, the foxes stopped coming to
dig up my gardens.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

http://home.dnet.aunz.com/gardnlen/
Old 26-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Mary Fisher

"Jaques d'Altrades" wrote in message
The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

People in the towns seem, to think it's fine to
move the problem to the countryside, they just don't like the idea of
the countryside solving the problem

That puts the situation in a nutshell.

Except that we don't all think like that.

I don't think it's alright to move the problem to the countryside, nor do I
object to the countryside solving the problem.

Mary

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

Old 26-10-2003, 10:02 PM
oldmolly

"Chris" wrote in message

oldmolly wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
Ah so its not just my garden they like , so apart from the obvious

which
is
get my mate round with his shot gun ( ducks for incoming don't shoot

our
fox's replies ) how can we stop the darn things or just make them go

someone else's?????

You simply purchase a cheapo battery powered electric fence energiser

and
run a strand of electric twine at about 10 - 12" from the ground. They

will
only get zapped a couple of times before moving on to your neighbours

land.
I have such a thing for sale if you are interested :0)

Looks like I might have started something here :-)

mmmm looks like the lecy fence idea may be a starter.

Just out of curisoity how much is your lecy fence and what does it come

with
???

Chris

PS and where abouts are you , I am southcoast based .

I have an unused energiser, c/w earth stake, and batteries. All you need
to do is buy some electric twine and away you go.
I am in east Anglia.

Old 26-10-2003, 10:02 PM
oldmolly

"Jason Pope" wrote in message
Erm, you could be opening yourself up to legal problems!
If someone was to come on your property and get shocked you could be sued!

How do you imagine land owners all over the country manage? People who keep
livestock have electric fences.If someone comes onto *my* property, and
tries to get through what is obviously an electric fence, and get shocked,
how could they sue me?

Old 26-10-2003, 10:02 PM
oldmolly

"Jason Pope" wrote in message
If electrification was legal, people would be doing it to their cars to
stop them from being broken into.

It *is* legal you melon.Can I assume you live in a town? Go out to the
countryside, and take a look to see what is keeping livestock in their
fields if they aren't hedged.

Also what happens if a guy with a heart condition gets shocked and dies?

Well what was the twit doing climbing into someone's garden and touching
the electric fence? If he dies, how can he sue?

Old 26-10-2003, 10:12 PM
oldmolly

"David Hill" wrote in message
"......... You simply purchase a cheapo battery powered electric fence
energiser and run a strand of electric twine at about 10 - 12" from the
ground. They will only get zapped a couple of times before moving on to

your
neighbours land.
I have such a thing for sale if you are interested :0)..."
That's ok on a small garden but my boundary is around half to three

quarters
of a mile and as well as foxes I also have badgers.

The unit I have will power up to 800 meters of line.A larger unti would
pbviously do more. It is feasible and not terrible expensive to protect most
of even your land.

Does it realy fox the fox? John Towill United Kingdom 292 14-02-2004 09:34 AM
It's a Fox...not a coon... BenignVanilla Ponds 3 07-08-2003 01:32 PM
Is my Flying fox an SAE Scott Rogahn Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 19-06-2003 10:32 AM
Fox toilet Judy Rigby United Kingdom 16 22-05-2003 07:08 PM
Urban fox hedgehog United Kingdom 5 18-03-2003 05:20 PM