Old 28-10-2003, 08:42 PM
martin

Default Fox's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:02:43 GMT, Jaques d'Altrades
wrote:

The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

And, more importantly, the current path has to pass through the
heart if it
is to affect the beating of the heart muscle.

Franz

The current will pass around the entire body!

********.

will spark.
--
Martin
Old 28-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Ron Clark

wrote:

The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

And, more importantly, the current path has to pass through the
heart if it
is to affect the beating of the heart muscle.

Franz

The current will pass around the entire body!

********.

There too

--
®óñ© © ²°°³
Old 28-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Victoria Clare

Jason Pope wrote in
:

Victoria Clare wrote:
Jason Pope wrote in
@virgin.net:

It is illegal to fit anything, security wise, in your front/back
garden that could injure another person who is on the property!
Harsh I know, but that is definately the case!

********.

My greenhouse could injure someone. My pond could injure someone.
I have a patio raised 3 feet above a concrete surface: that could
injure someone. I have some irregular paving, over which people
might trip.

I said security wise!

Is your greenhouse a security device? Has your pond been put in to
prevent burglars?

I said it is illegal to fit anything to your outer walls that might
harm a person, and that is the truth of the matter!

Ask down your local police station!

My final post, I promise.

An electric fence installed to keep foxes out or dogs in is no more a
security device than a greenhouse installed to keep out frost, and is
less likely to do serious harm to an intruder who blunders into it in
the dark than a glass greenhouse would.

The website you quote above, http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/walls.html,
explicitly says that it is talking about measures used on borders of the
public highway, and about measures that could affect users of that
highway.

There is no way that an electric fence on the inside of a hedge or fence
would or could affect users of the highway outside, even if the garden
bordered a highway, and not (as most gardens do) another garden.

I am still confident that you are wrong, and if I need one at any point,
I will not hesitate to install an electric fence in my garden.

Victoria Clare
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall
Old 28-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jason Pope" wrote in message
Jaques d'Altrades wrote:
The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

The message is clear.....
If you live in an area where you are likely to have a visit from an

intruder
who has a heart condition and a pacemaker and who crawls around on

his/her
hands and knees then forget the electric fence.
With a fence height of 9 to 12 inches you wont even feel a thing if you

are
wearing trousers, jeans etc.

And unless your heart is in your boots........

LOL
Electricity runs through the body!!

Try getting one of those McDonalds toys, it'll teach you a bit of basic
physics!

You are drivelling.

Franz

Old 28-10-2003, 09:42 PM
martin

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:31:23 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Jason Pope" wrote in message
Jaques d'Altrades wrote:
The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

The message is clear.....
If you live in an area where you are likely to have a visit from an

intruder
who has a heart condition and a pacemaker and who crawls around on

his/her
hands and knees then forget the electric fence.
With a fence height of 9 to 12 inches you wont even feel a thing if you

are
wearing trousers, jeans etc.

And unless your heart is in your boots........

LOL
Electricity runs through the body!!

Try getting one of those McDonalds toys, it'll teach you a bit of basic
physics!

You are drivelling.

so it's true what they say about McD.s :-)
--
Martin

Old 28-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jason Pope" wrote in message
Franz Heymann wrote:
"Druss" wrote in message

"Jason Pope" wrote in message

I never said pacemaker! Some people are arrythmic and a shock could

stop
the heart.

snip

A surprisingly large number of people die from licking the electrodes of
batteries every year, basically a shock of the order of milli amps

and/or
milli volts is actually enough to kill, the timing just needs to be

precise,

and the person somewhat unlucky.

And, more importantly, the current path has to pass through the heart

if it
is to affect the beating of the heart muscle.

This is the second time you have indicated that your knowledge of
electricity is negligible.

Franz

Old 28-10-2003, 10:02 PM
David Hill

So if your intruder trips over (or is attacked by) the foxes that you failed
to keep out of your garden....He/she could argue that you were negligent in
failing to keep your garden free of dangerous animals.......

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 29-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Anne Jackson

Anne Jackson wrote:
The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

Oh c'mon. The English countryside is littered with electric fences. My
sister has one to keep her horses from eating a whole field at a time,
and I see them keeping cows in order quite often. It's a widely used
form of stock control.

The countryside yes, but you try putting it in your back garden/front
garden and see how quick the police get on your case!

Please try not to be any more stupid than absolutely necessary! A friend
of mine has her garden ringed with an electric fence to stop her young dog
from dashing out onto the main road. She hasn't had a visit from
the police
yet....still it has only been there for eight months, I suppose there's
time yet for the police to respond?

.......where is it she lives?

In Perth.

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282
Old 29-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Jason Pope

Jaques d'Altrades wrote:

A shock from an electric fence is highly unlikely to kill anyone,
however dicky a ticker he/she has. My doctor when asked, said the risk
could be ignored, and it wasn't the risk of shocking trespassers I was
worried about, it was the health of my customers.

Was it fitted as a security device?

Of course. Billy goats cause a lot of damage to roses, fruit trees,
raspberry canes etc if they get out.

ie no it wasn't!
A security device is used to prevent human intruders getting in!

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.

Old 29-10-2003, 12:32 AM
Anthony

Bloody hell Franz. buggered that up!!!!
Had to go back to see who had said what.
Do us a favour, make sure you don't snip too much, and mess with the
headers.
Cheers mate.
:-)
Ant
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Jason Pope" wrote in message

Old 29-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Jason Pope

David Hill wrote:
So if your intruder trips over (or is attacked by) the foxes that you failed
to keep out of your garden....He/she could argue that you were negligent in
failing to keep your garden free of dangerous animals.......

ROTFLMAO!
You have no more control over a wild fox than you have over the domestic
cat, which, if it's yours, is exempt from liability if it damages the
property of one of your neighbours!

Jason

Old 29-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Jason Pope

Anne Jackson wrote:

The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

Oh c'mon. The English countryside is littered with electric fences. My
sister has one to keep her horses from eating a whole field at a time,
and I see them keeping cows in order quite often. It's a widely used
form of stock control.

The countryside yes, but you try putting it in your back garden/front
garden and see how quick the police get on your case!

Please try not to be any more stupid than absolutely necessary! A friend
of mine has her garden ringed with an electric fence to stop her young dog
from dashing out onto the main road. She hasn't had a visit from
the police
yet....still it has only been there for eight months, I suppose there's
time yet for the police to respond?

.......where is it she lives?

In Perth.

Oh,........middle of nowhere, that explains it!

Jason

Old 29-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , martin
writes
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:21:16 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

The message is clear.....
If you live in an area where you are likely to have a visit from an intruder
who has a heart condition and a pacemaker and who crawls around on his/her
hands and knees then forget the electric fence.
With a fence height of 9 to 12 inches you wont even feel a thing if you are
wearing trousers, jeans etc.

unless one urinates on it, whilst trying to get the compost going.

Why? Would the electric shock travel up the stream of 'flow'

Like they say about those Brazilian fish (probably falsely) that swim
towards people who urinate in the sea?

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 29-10-2003, 03:02 PM
martin

wrote:

The message is clear.....
If you live in an area where you are likely to have a visit from an intruder
who has a heart condition and a pacemaker and who crawls around on his/her
hands and knees then forget the electric fence.
With a fence height of 9 to 12 inches you wont even feel a thing if you are
wearing trousers, jeans etc.

unless one urinates on it, whilst trying to get the compost going.

Why? Would the electric shock travel up the stream of 'flow'

I think it would.

Like they say about those Brazilian fish (probably falsely) that swim
towards people who urinate in the sea?

wince

More if you can bear to read it at .....
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010907.html

and
http://www.sciencenet.org.uk/databas...h/b00768d.html

never urinate in a tropical fish tank
--
Martin
Old 29-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jason Pope" wrote in message
Franz Heymann wrote:
"Druss" wrote in message

"Jason Pope" wrote in message

I never said pacemaker! Some people are arrythmic and a shock could

stop
the heart.

snip

A surprisingly large number of people die from licking the electrodes

of
batteries every year, basically a shock of the order of milli amps

and/or
milli volts is actually enough to kill, the timing just needs to be

precise,

and the person somewhat unlucky.

And, more importantly, the current path has to pass through the heart

if it
is to affect the beating of the heart muscle.

This is the second time you have indicated that your knowledge of
electricity is negligible.

And I suffered from undue snipping. The sentence to which I was objecting
is

"The current will pass around the entire body!"

Franz

Does it realy fox the fox? John Towill United Kingdom 292 14-02-2004 09:34 AM
It's a Fox...not a coon... BenignVanilla Ponds 3 07-08-2003 01:32 PM
Is my Flying fox an SAE Scott Rogahn Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 19-06-2003 10:32 AM
Fox toilet Judy Rigby United Kingdom 16 22-05-2003 07:08 PM
Urban fox hedgehog United Kingdom 5 18-03-2003 05:20 PM