Old 28-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Jason Pope

Default Fox's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh

Victoria Clare wrote:
Jason Pope wrote in news:3F9E24EF.1090002
@virgin.net:

It is illegal to fit anything, security wise, in your front/back
garden that could injure another person who is on the property!
Harsh I know, but that is definately the case!

********.

My greenhouse could injure someone. My pond could injure someone. I
have a patio raised 3 feet above a concrete surface: that could
injure someone. I have some irregular paving, over which people might
trip.

I said security wise!

Is your greenhouse a security device? Has your pond been put in to
prevent burglars?

I said it is illegal to fit anything to your outer walls that might harm
a person, and that is the truth of the matter!

Ask down your local police station!

Jason

Old 28-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Jason Pope

Rich wrote:
So what about the local MOD site which has razor wire and high fences all
around surely if I was to climb up this and hurt my self on the razor wire I
could sue the MOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich

MOD places are under different rules than your house!

Jason

Old 28-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Jason Pope

http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/walls.html

Protecting against Trespassers

Traditionally owners have put deterrents to trespassers on their wall or
fence and if it is a party wall just on their side. You will often have
seen spikes or broken glass or barbed wire on the top of walls.

However, if the wall/fence borders the public highway, then the local
authority has powers to protect the public by having the deterrent
removed if it thinks it could cause a danger to highway users. If the
deterrents causes a nuisance or by your negligence injures a passer by,
then they may be able to sue you. Err on the side of caution because if
the deterrent is considered to be excessive you could open yourself up
to a criminal prosecution for an injury caused.

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.

Old 28-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Jason Pope

Jaques d'Altrades wrote:
The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

Well what was the twit doing climbing into someone's garden and touching
the electric fence? If he dies, how can he sue?

He can't,..........his family can,.....as in that case wheret he farmer
shot the burgler!!

No civil case has been brought against Tony Martin.

It doesn't mean they can't in the futuure!

Jason

Old 28-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Jason Pope

Victoria Clare wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in
. 1:

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:32:49 +0000, Victoria Clare wrote:

I have some irregular paving, over which people might trip.

Ah now you have left a hazard unrepaired/marked/fenced off. You have a
duty of care to *everyone* who visits your property. If someone did
trip on that paving and break a leg/ankle WHY they *do* have a claim
against you.

Indeed. My point was that the risk is very unlikely. (The paving is in the
back garden, well out of everyone's way but mine)

Victoria

Risk is irrelevent!
Here's a website from Thames Valley Police!

http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/cr...epre/helaw.htm

Cheers

Jasoj

Old 28-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Jason Pope

Jaques d'Altrades wrote:
The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

The legal risks of, say, owning a car which you might accidentally drive
into someone, or a dog, which might bite someone, strike me as much
greater than those of installing a humble electric fence in your garden.

Victoria

That might be the case, but it doesn't negate that having an electric
fence in your garden is illegal!

Try it and see!

It is not illegal to have an electric fence in your garden. I had one in
my *FRONT* garden for fifteen years, and as a holder of firearms
(handguns and rifles as well as a range of shotguns) was visited by the
dibble on a regular basis.

(There was probably more danger from the pong of the billy goat than the
electricity.)

A shock from an electric fence is highly unlikely to kill anyone,
however dicky a ticker he/she has. My doctor when asked, said the risk
could be ignored, and it wasn't the risk of shocking trespassers I was
worried about, it was the health of my customers.

Was it fitted as a security device?

Jason

Old 28-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Jason Pope

Jaques d'Altrades wrote:
The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

The message is clear.....
If you live in an area where you are likely to have a visit from an intruder
who has a heart condition and a pacemaker and who crawls around on his/her
hands and knees then forget the electric fence.
With a fence height of 9 to 12 inches you wont even feel a thing if you are
wearing trousers, jeans etc.

And unless your heart is in your boots........

LOL
Electricity runs through the body!!

Try getting one of those McDonalds toys, it'll teach you a bit of basic
physics!

Jason

Old 28-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Jason Pope

Franz Heymann wrote:
"Druss" wrote in message

"Jason Pope" wrote in message

I never said pacemaker! Some people are arrythmic and a shock could stop
the heart.

snip

A surprisingly large number of people die from licking the electrodes of
batteries every year, basically a shock of the order of milli amps and/or
milli volts is actually enough to kill, the timing just needs to be

precise,

and the person somewhat unlucky.

And, more importantly, the current path has to pass through the heart if it
is to affect the beating of the heart muscle.

Franz

The current will pass around the entire body!

Jason

Old 28-10-2003, 07:23 PM
martin

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:12:44 +0000, Jason Pope
wrote:

martin wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:01:03 GMT, Jaques d'Altrades
wrote:

No civil case has been brought against Tony Martin.

Wasn't it dropped?

I rest my case

Nope, the plaintiff dropped the case because the papers were printing
articles about him worlking etc!

I think you meant yes? Yes it was dropped...
--
Martin
Old 28-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

It was never brought.

It was brought, but dropped

It wasn't brought - he applied for legal aid in order to bring it. It
never reached court because he struck a 'I won't if you won't' deal with
Tony Martin - probably wisely on both their parts.

The lawyers probably weren't so happy........

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 28-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

It is not illegal to have an electric fence in your garden. I had one in
my *FRONT* garden for fifteen years, and as a holder of firearms
(handguns and rifles as well as a range of shotguns) was visited by the
dibble on a regular basis.

(There was probably more danger from the pong of the billy goat than the
electricity.)

A shock from an electric fence is highly unlikely to kill anyone,
however dicky a ticker he/she has. My doctor when asked, said the risk
could be ignored, and it wasn't the risk of shocking trespassers I was
worried about, it was the health of my customers.

Was it fitted as a security device?

Of course. Billy goats cause a lot of damage to roses, fruit trees,
raspberry canes etc if they get out.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 28-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

And unless your heart is in your boots........

LOL
Electricity runs through the body!!

Try getting one of those McDonalds toys, it'll teach you a bit of basic
physics!

Well, speaking as someone who has taught physics at secondary level, I
can say with some authority that electricity takes the course of least
resistance, which is not from the shins to the heart and back again to
ground, unless the laws of science have been repealed lately.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 28-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

And, more importantly, the current path has to pass through the
heart if it
is to affect the beating of the heart muscle.

Franz

The current will pass around the entire body!

********.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

Does it realy fox the fox? John Towill United Kingdom 292 14-02-2004 09:34 AM
It's a Fox...not a coon... BenignVanilla Ponds 3 07-08-2003 01:32 PM
Is my Flying fox an SAE Scott Rogahn Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 19-06-2003 10:32 AM
Fox toilet Judy Rigby United Kingdom 16 22-05-2003 07:08 PM
Urban fox hedgehog United Kingdom 5 18-03-2003 05:20 PM