Old 22-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Bill Oliver

In article ,
Doug Kanter wrote:

Ah....but I will *never* affect your life. If you think words interfere with
your chosen ways, you're dreaming.

Bigotry is bigotry. Claiming impotence is not an excuse. And, by the way,
the minute you vote, you are translating your bigotry into actions that
affect my life. And the more you attempt to make your bigotry socially
acceptable, the more it affects my life. Perhaps you should re-evaluate
your love affair with hate instead of trying to justify it.

billo
Old 22-08-2004, 08:14 PM
William Brown

Vox Humana wrote:
"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , zxcvbob

wrote:

Doug, Vox, et al,
Could y'all go masturbate somewhere else? Maybe take it to email or
something. This group is supposed to be about gardening.

Regards,
Bob

Bushes are garden plants & loony rightwingers have vegetables where the
rest of us have brains, so it IS all about gardens.

But you don't like a measily one off-topic thread, don't read it. Your
kvetching about it is doubly off-topic -- being off-topic for the
off-topic.

I suspect that the problems isn't so much that it is an off-topic thread as
much as that it isn't flattering to organized religion. Bob accused me of
lying about the percentage of priests that were gay a few months ago. When
I posted a link to a study conducted by a faculty member at Johns Hopkins
University that supported my assertion, not so much as a "sorry" was posted.

http://tinyurl.com/46thx
http://tinyurl.com/532dy

Interestingly, Bob found it just fine to post a message about his fondness
for Fox News to Rec.Food.Cooking just last week - sounds off-topic to me.
http://tinyurl.com/5b96p

And a message about how Germany was "screwed" prior to WWII - to
Rec.food.cooking
http://tinyurl.com/3mzqj

And a message about how USA today declined to print a column by Ann
Coulter - to Rec.food.cooking
http://tinyurl.com/6998o

Now, I'm not saying that Bob shouldn't have posted the messages. I just
find it interesting that he has a problem with others posting to off-topic
threads here while he posts to off-topic threads on other news groups.

No. The problem is that you babbling yahoos are tying up server space
and driving out legitimate postings. Take this crap to an appropriate
forum!
there.

Old 22-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Vox Humana

"William Brown" wrote in message

Now, I'm not saying that Bob shouldn't have posted the messages. I just
find it interesting that he has a problem with others posting to

off-topic
threads here while he posts to off-topic threads on other news groups.

No. The problem is that you babbling yahoos are tying up server space
and driving out legitimate postings. Take this crap to an appropriate
forum!

I would be interested in some specifics. For instance, how many messages
have you been unable to post because of this thread? What happens if this
thread is taken to another newsgroup on the same server?

Old 22-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Vox Humana

"escapee" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 14:39:12 GMT, "Vox Humana"

opined:

Maybe I'm being optimistic, or pie in the sky, but I think our generation

is
finally learning how to be nice and loud, much the way the GOP are, and

many
people are not used to it. Many people are not used to Democrats or

Liberals or
anyone outside their primitive agenda, speaking out or giving quotations,

or
citation on any information to rebuke their false claims.

I was thinking the same thing. If you tune into the "shout shows" on cable
news like HANNITY and colmbs, you will see that the conservatives have
mastered being loud. I was reluctant to speak up until recently thinking
that people might not like me if I asked too many questions or said
something that was unpopular. It occurred to me that I was in a situation
where our president was supporting constitutional amendments to discriminate
against me. Violent hate crimes are on the rise. The religious-right is
going on TV saying that people like me are responsible for 9/11. The Pope
has blamed the moral failures in his organization on gays and has blamed
feminists for the advancement of the gay movement. It was obvious that
there was nothing to lose.

Old 22-08-2004, 11:28 PM
escapee

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:21:25 GMT, "Vox Humana" opined:

I was thinking the same thing. If you tune into the "shout shows" on cable
news like HANNITY and colmbs, you will see that the conservatives have
mastered being loud. I was reluctant to speak up until recently thinking
that people might not like me if I asked too many questions or said
something that was unpopular. It occurred to me that I was in a situation
where our president was supporting constitutional amendments to discriminate
against me. Violent hate crimes are on the rise. The religious-right is
going on TV saying that people like me are responsible for 9/11. The Pope
has blamed the moral failures in his organization on gays and has blamed
feminists for the advancement of the gay movement. It was obvious that
there was nothing to lose.

Yeah, I do listen to Hannity when in the car. I also check out that blabbing,
blowhole, Limbaugh. He pulls stuff right out of his ass and says whatever he
damn well wants. It doesn't have to be true, but in the days that follow after
Limbaugh asserts some bullshit, my MIL immediately writes a letter saying she
heard this or that and she is so dumb she takes it for truth! I wonder if she
realizes Rush is a common junkie. Aren't junkies the blame for any moral
downfall in America? I suppose they put Tommy Chong away. Phew, we're all
safe. He's back out, maybe not! Then of course there's George Jung, who of
course brought more cocaine into American than probably anyone else to this day,
but if I remember correctly, dubya was snorting that cocaine back when Jung was
smuggling. Hmmm. Yeah, it's the queers. Holy cow.

Old 23-08-2004, 01:19 AM
William Brown

Vox Humana wrote:
"William Brown" wrote in message

Now, I'm not saying that Bob shouldn't have posted the messages. I just
find it interesting that he has a problem with others posting to

off-topic

threads here while he posts to off-topic threads on other news groups.

No. The problem is that you babbling yahoos are tying up server space
and driving out legitimate postings. Take this crap to an appropriate
forum!

I would be interested in some specifics. For instance, how many messages
have you been unable to post because of this thread? What happens if this
thread is taken to another newsgroup on the same server?

Its not that one can't post, its that postings disappear very shortly as
they are replaced by newer postings, and we get a message that the
posting is no longer available. The ISP allocates a given amount of
space to the newsgroups they carry, individually, so taking this to an
appropriate newsgroup would not free space for this newsgroup, which
would still have its alloted space.
there.

Old 23-08-2004, 01:26 AM
escapee

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:19:00 -0400, William Brown opined:

Its not that one can't post, its that postings disappear very shortly as
they are replaced by newer postings, and we get a message that the
posting is no longer available. The ISP allocates a given amount of
space to the newsgroups they carry, individually, so taking this to an
appropriate newsgroup would not free space for this newsgroup, which
would still have its alloted space.

What ISP do you have, CaveDweller.com? Want better newsgroup coverage, pay for
it and sign up with Giganews.

Old 23-08-2004, 01:46 AM
Doug Kanter

"Bill Oliver" wrote in message
In article ,
Doug Kanter wrote:

Ah....but I will *never* affect your life. If you think words interfere

with
your chosen ways, you're dreaming.

Bigotry is bigotry. Claiming impotence is not an excuse. And, by the way,
the minute you vote, you are translating your bigotry into actions that
affect my life. And the more you attempt to make your bigotry socially
acceptable, the more it affects my life. Perhaps you should re-evaluate
your love affair with hate instead of trying to justify it.

billo

I don't hate right wing Kristians. Matter of fact, I only reserve the word
"hate" for dogs. But, how would you feel if I started a political party
based on the beliefs of Osama bin Laden , and hounded YOUR local politicians
to toe the line according to those beliefs? After all, the bible was written
by HUMANS. How do you know they were any different than Osama? May as well
be Mark Twain.

Old 23-08-2004, 02:38 AM
Vox Humana

--

How much space is allotted to this newsgroup on your server?

Old 23-08-2004, 03:09 AM
RealOne

Doug Kanter wrote:

Bigotry is bigotry. Claiming impotence is not an excuse. And, by the way,
the minute you vote, you are translating your bigotry into actions that
affect my life. And the more you attempt to make your bigotry socially
acceptable, the more it affects my life. Perhaps you should re-evaluate
your love affair with hate instead of trying to justify it.

Hate? Talk about hate, take it up with Jesus H. Christ!

Matthew 10:

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the
daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in
law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and
he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

http://www.usenet.com
Old 23-08-2004, 01:06 PM
William Brown

Vox Humana wrote:

[...]

I don't know, but I know it is not enough to accomodate the large number
of off topic postings that a small number of inconsiderate posters are
flooding this newsgroup with. There is no reason that people who want
to discuss gardening should have to subscribe to a separate service just
to accomodate people who lack the self discipline to stick to the topic,
and the courage to discuss politics in a political forum.
there.

Old 23-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Vox Humana

Vox Humana wrote:

[...]

I don't know,

Exactly.

Old 23-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Doug Kanter

Vox Humana wrote:
[...]

That's ridiculous. I can view postings as far back as June 9th, and more, if
I set up my newsreader differently. You use Mozilla - you can do the same
thing. Read the help files before you place blame, Einstein. And if your ISP
only stores messages for a matter of days, get yourself a real ISP.

Old 23-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Doug Kanter

Vox Humana wrote:

[...]

Learn to collapse expanded threads. You use Mozilla. It has that capability.
Read the help files, Einstein.