Old 21-08-2004, 04:29 AM
Sheila

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Sheila" wrote in message

Really? How many do YOU think there are? A ballpark guess will suffice.

And,
what's the difference anyway?

The vast majority of people without insurance are either in between jobs
or don't work at all.

Sorry. No. Tell your minister to arm you with better information so you
don't sound silly when you repeat it.

If there are 1000 in this entire country, they
deserve to receive assistance, especially if they're working their tails

off
like the rest of us and still unable to make ends meet.

Does someone who doesn't work and is able really DESERVE to take money
from the rest of us for anything! I'm not talking about those that
really can't work, but most welfare recipients are very able to work.

Sorry. No. Tell your minister to arm you with better information so you
don't sound silly when you repeat it.

I don't accept the government paying for injuries incurred when morons

don't
wear eye protection while using power tools. But, I accept it because

it's
not the government's place to judge how people ended up the way they

are.

It's not the same thing at all.

Sorry. No. Certain types say a woman who gets pregnant outside of a
situation where she can afford it is getting what she deserves for being
immoral or irresponsible. That's exactly the same as my harsh judgement that
someone who loses an eye deserves what they get for not wearing goggles.

No, it's not immature to thing that way. Sex education at school

seems
to encourage sexual activity, not just educate. It makes it much

harder
for girl's to so 'no' to a guy today.

OK. That last paragraph is precious. Could you please provide at least

two
sources (web links, scientific journals) for that ridiculous

information,
preferably sources NOT connected with any religious organization?

By the way, some say I attribute too much to linguistic skills, but your

inclusion of an apostrophe in "girl's" reveals a lot about you.

Yep, when you have no arguments then pick out an error in typing or
spelling or putting an apostrophe in the wrong place. Insults replace
the need to have valid arguments.

I have lived and I have grandchildren and friends with grandchildren, so
I do know what is going on. Experience counts you know.

Based on your comments thus far, I'd bet a week's pay that you were a
grandmother when you were 30.

You'd be wrong then. How soon will the check arrive?
Old 21-08-2004, 04:50 AM
paghat

In article , Sheila
wrote:

paghat wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Sheila" wrote in message

I don't accept the government paying for abortions on demand.

I don't accept the government paying for superstition and bull shit like
"Creationism" being taught in public schools.

Touché. Especially when the bullshit comes from a book written by HUMANS.

Which bullshit book do you have in mind? The Vedas & Upanishads? The
Koran? Rebi Kordova's The Palm Tree of Deborah? The Talmud? The Descent of
Inanna? Oh right, the Bible. It's a FASCINATING compendium, one of the
greatest literary works of all time, & only as bullshitty as the other of
the top-ten works of literature since literacy began. I mean criminy, do
you know the story of why Tamar posed as a harlot to get knocked up by her
father-in-law, at risk of being stoned to death; & why this made her more
righteous than Judah? It's just one of hundreds of deeply profound
beautiful & strange tales with psychological complexity & heroism. All our
favorite genres are in there somewhere. Humanity is a stinking eruption on
the face of the planet that destroys everything in its path, & if ANYthing
justifies our appalling existance, it is this very capacity to create such
art & poetry that is Torah.

-paghat the ratgirl

I think you are answering Doug Kanter, not me, as I haven't called
anything 'bullshit'.

No one weas confused about that but you!

-paggers

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 21-08-2004, 04:55 AM
paghat

In article , Sheila
wrote:

Vox Humana wrote:

"Sheila" wrote in message

Vox Humana wrote:

"Sheila" wrote in message

I don't accept the government paying for abortions on demand.

I don't accept the government paying for superstition and bull shit like
"Creationism" being taught in public schools.

It's no different than teaching evolution. That's what I was taught,
although I don't believe that my ancestors were monkeys.

You may have been taught evolution, but apparently you didn't learn
anything.

Just resort to insults when you can't debate!

When someone says fire is a liquid they cannot be debated. You said
evolution would mean your ancestors would have to have been monkeys, which
shows you are too devoid of even rudimentary education to be worthy of
debate. Noting that you you have not even a teency education in the matter
is not Vox insulting you either. It's just an obvious fact. You're not
capable of debate without at least knowing a LITTLE bit about what you
speak. You have shown you know nothing. If YOU had anything consequential
to add, you wouldn't have to repeat, like a neurotic parrot, "Arrp, you
insulted me, Arrp, you insulted me" every time you're caught out saying
something that is merely Dunceville Central.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 21-08-2004, 07:48 AM
remove munged

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:39:36 -0400, Sheila
wrote:

I don't believe that my ancestors were monkeys.

more likely jackasses!

Old 21-08-2004, 07:50 AM
remove munged

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:51:59 -0400, Sheila
wrote:

So, it's OK to abort a child?

None of your business!

Old 21-08-2004, 08:12 AM
The Watcher

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:04:05 -0400, Sheila wrote:

(snip)
I also believe in science do not deny, misrepresent or attempt to stop
the teaching of science. As a matter of fact I think teaching science
is a good thing. I just don't happen to believe in evolution.

Oh boy, another True Believer! Do you really have the courage of your
convictions, though? If you REALLY don't believe in evolution, you should make
sure and tell your doctor(if you go to doctors, that is) in the event you ever
get an infection, that you want him to prescribe nothing but sulfa drugs for
you. Sulfa drugs worked just fine for infections when they were developed. They
should work just fine now, unless the germs have evolved. Go ahead. Make their
day.
(snip)

If you ever do acquire a solid Faith, you'll discover that science &
practicality & reality are not rivals of Faith, ook ook!

The spirit of science and the spirit of religion will forever be in opposition.
-Dostoyevsky(and I agree 100%)
(snip)
Old 21-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Doug Kanter

"Sheila" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Sheila" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Sheila" wrote in message

I don't accept the government paying for abortions on demand.

I don't accept the government paying for superstition and bull

shit
like
"Creationism" being taught in public schools.

Touché. Especially when the bullshit comes from a book written by

HUMANS.

Well, to each his own! I'll stick with my belief system and you stick
with yours.

Good! Make sure your belief system doesn't go near the laws of the land.

No, not your choice to tell me what my belief system goes near. I will
vote for candidates who believe that same things that I do.

Next, you'll be suggesting that retail stores MUST, by law, be closed on
Christmas day because the holiday means something to you.

Old 21-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Doug Kanter

"Sheila" wrote in message

You can not believe in evolution and still believe in science.

What??? You don't think evolution falls into the broad category of
"science"??? If that's the case, does it come under the heading of quilting,
or what?

Some science is junk science and some is not.

There's clear evidence that the genetic aspects of diabetes may be related
to the geographical and resulting dietary paths taken by some of our
ancestors. It suggests that we have to evolve (read "adjust") to the food
supply we have now. Junk science?

Meanwhile, there's
no evidence that we existed in our present form millions of years ago.

So,
what do you suppose Adam & Eve looked like?

How long ago did Adam and Eve live?

How long doYOU think they lived? I have no idea, nor does it seem important.

Old 21-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Doug Kanter

"The Watcher" wrote in message
[...]

I don't get antibiotics often, but even so, my doctor has an interesting
system. If, for instance, I have a sinus infection and he feels any of 3
drugs will work, he always refers to my records, alternates drugs, and
prescribes the one I had in the MOST distant past. His reasoning is
precisely what you stated.

But, Sheila will tell us that the concept of drug-resistant germs is nothing
but junk science.

Old 21-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Doug Kanter

"Sheila" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Sheila" wrote in message

Vox Humana wrote:

"Sheila" wrote in message

I don't accept the government paying for abortions on demand.

I don't accept the government paying for superstition and bull shit

like
"Creationism" being taught in public schools.

It's no different than teaching evolution. That's what I was taught,
although I don't believe that my ancestors were monkeys.

In that case, there must be a few thousand scientists whose academic

major
was lying. Are their irrefutable findings influenced by the devil?

Where is the science that shows irrefutable findings for evolution?

Don't read much, eh? Let me guess: The limeberry is filled with sin. Can't
go there.

Old 21-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Doug Kanter

"Sheila" wrote in message

So, it's OK to abort a child?

You're probably OK with euthanizing a cat which, in your judgement, would
otherwise suffer from disease or old age. A life is a life.

Old 21-08-2004, 02:39 PM
escapee

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:50:12 -0400, Sheila opined:

(...)

Does someone who doesn't work and is able really DESERVE to take money
from the rest of us for anything! I'm not talking about those that
really can't work, but most welfare recipients are very able to work.

(...)

Do you honestly think people on welfare is the big issue in this nation? I
mean, do you honestly believe that? I live in a state where social programs
are so slashed I have yet to meet any one individual who is on welfare and my
taxes are sky high. I don't love taxes, but I pay them for the greater good of,
and to honor my great fortune to have been born in a country where I can be free
and have some control of my own life.

Since editing of this thread is horribly poor, I cannot attribute who said what,
but who is it that mentioned killing innocent babies? So, not sure, but are
embryo's innocent babies when they are discarded after the sperm and egg donor
has twins from their pricey in vitro fertilization? Don't you think if the stem
cells can turn into a liver for another child who will die without one should
get the same opportunity of life? What about spinal cord injuries where people
can no longer breath or swallow. Are their lives important too, or just the
embryonic cells?

Old 21-08-2004, 02:46 PM
escapee

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:51:59 -0400, Sheila opined:

remove munged wrote:

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:17:12 -0400, Sheila
wrote:

dykerider wrote:

"Helen Crames" wrote in message
newsgBUc.276159$%_6.32608@attbi_s01...

Isn't abortion much more expensive than birth control?

Helen

Not if the government pays for it.

Why should the government pay for it?

Sheila

Pay now or pay later, lots cheaper to abort than try to educate and
socialize an idjet

So, it's OK to abort a child?

Yes, Sheila. People have abortions. That's their karma, not yours. Mind how
your own life is going and don't have an abortion if it goes against your
principles, but don't slide down the slippery slope of putting religious faith
or mix up your emotions with others' emotions.

Personally, I am not pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice. I would not now choose to
have one, but that's easy for me to say having had a complete hysterectomy.
However, I have my right to choose and have had that since I was about 15 years
old. Aren't there any more important issues in the world to direct so much
energy toward?

Why not do fundraiser's for kids in the United States who have nothing to eat
tonight. Did you know in the Ozark Mountains there are children who live
without running water or electricity? Have you ever been to a really poor
community? Maybe the effort you put in to help keep these kids alive is
misguided. Maybe you can go out and raise some money to help support these born
children, who are actually going to repeat the same thing their mothers did.
Have more babies who will have nothing...the beat goes on. Maybe your church
should take some of that money and instead of buying a bigger organ, can donate
it to these families who are so far out in the bush they don't know there IS a
welfare system. Yeah, it exists in America, believe it or not.

Old 21-08-2004, 02:53 PM
escapee

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:04:05 -0400, Sheila opined:

Well, some were taught one thing and some people were taught others.

(...)

I was taught that I evolved from apes. Apes are not monkeys. Maybe you should
do some research into the disinformation of being taught you came from a monkey,
and correct the school by telling them it is apes.

Then again, you may be too busy convincing everyone the world is only 2000 years
old.