Old 22-01-2004, 02:05 AM
D Kat

Default North America After the Collapse

Yep, that is the one they pull out of the hat any time they want to
rationalize trashing the earth and not being responsible adults... "Well we
will just move to another planet!". Anyone ever stop to figure out how
many ships it would take to move 12Billion people (the likely number of
humans that we will have before we even get close to being able to transport
mass numbers of people) I guess they figure that they will be one of the
"lucky" ones that gets to leave....

OK - done with micro rant DKat
"Alan Connor" wrote in message
hlink.net...
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:21:22 GMT, Ross wrote:

Seems like folks here, on a group *allegedly* focussed on survivalism,
prefer to avoid talking about the probable collapse of their

civilization.

Pretty funny.

But understandable. They think that they only way people can have a

decent
life is to live as they do now, or how their ancestors lived.

Which is bizarre, considering that by any rational standards, the

quality-
of-life in America just plain stinks.

And their fool ancestors wiped out people who had a significantly

superior
culture.

What they need to face is the fact that ALL totalitarian regimes

control the
people by controlling the history books.

The Soviets also called their country "The Greatest Country on Earth"

and
had libraries full of books that "proved" this "fact".

America isnt even anywhere near the top, even by its own standards.

37th in health care, 14th in longevity.

See trendsresearch.com

And even the lifestyle of the Europeans is based upon exploiting the

lands
and lives of people in the "3rd World", and those folks are purely fed

up
it.

Industrial-Capitalism is simple too destructive of the land and

non-member
populations to continue for long.

Is not this the main reason for space travel? The leaders know this

planet
is limited.

The leaders want you to think that it will be possible to pillage this
planet do death and then escape from it.

And YOU want to believe that.

Who was it that said "There's a sucker born every minute."?

AC

Old 22-01-2004, 02:32 AM
Alan Connor

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:26:00 -0500, Peter H wrote:

Frank White wrote:

(Everytime this comes up I keep remembering a Silver Age Justice
League of America story, in which several superheroes were KO'ed
instantly by a car backfire that unleashed a larger than normal
burst of carbon monoxide despite the fact that it was a normal
car, they were out in the open, and were running at top speed
after the moving car.

Some things just don't work...)

Isn't it neat how some fantasies just keep on working and working and.....

Pete H

--
We are all of one nation, all of one creed
We are all out of nature, all of one seed

And wouldn't it be nice if unpleasant realities would go away when people
mocked them.

ROTFL.

AC

Old 22-01-2004, 02:33 AM
Alan Connor

On 21 Jan 2004 16:21:34 -0800, jimbo wrote:

Alan Connor wrote in message link.net...

If you HAVE to run, then you had better know your wild edible plants, of
which there are more than 1800 species in North America, because trapping
and hunting will SERIOUSLY slow you down...
AC

You silly asshole. First, there is NO collapse in sight except for
your sanity. Second, who is going to RUN? Not me. Let the bandits try,
I will put a 9 mm up their nose.

jimbo

A preponderance of pathetic fools like you is one of the main reasons
your civilization IS going to collapse.

AC

Old 22-01-2004, 03:16 AM
North

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 01:58:32 GMT, Alan Connor said:

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:42:04 GMT, D Kat wrote:

Take a look where this has been cross posted... Many of us in rec.gardens
and probably every room EXCEPT for survivalism are not all that in to
planning for the end of civilization. We are having way too much fun in our
gardens and doing what we do. Now if you want a hot debate that will cross
all rooms and have everyone ticked off even at themselves bring up.... NO...
I learned my lesson... I'm NOT going to go there.... Sighhhh, it passed.
All is good.

DKat

I too love gardening.

So you think that just because you aren't into planning for the end of your
civilization that it isn't going to happen?

No one in the survivalist groups takes AlanC seriously, he posts under
a bunch of different sockpuppets and is just your typical net kook. He
has sort of become a whipping post in M.S. so now he has taken to
crossposting to wherever he thinks folks will agree with him.

He has posted as:

there are others

All of which trace to an ISP just outside of Seattle WS.

To get an idea of what a kook this guy really is, just do a google
search on the above addys

Also note***
the alt.magik folks had a blast with this kook a while back, so I
added them so they could rejoin the fun.

Old 22-01-2004, 04:12 AM
fran

Yawn.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:28:29 GMT, Alan Connor wrote:

snip snip snip

AC

Old 22-01-2004, 07:32 AM
Alan Connor

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 02:00:36 GMT, D Kat wrote:

Yep, that is the one they pull out of the hat any time they want to
rationalize trashing the earth and not being responsible adults... "Well we
will just move to another planet!". Anyone ever stop to figure out how
many ships it would take to move 12Billion people (the likely number of
humans that we will have before we even get close to being able to transport
mass numbers of people) I guess they figure that they will be one of the
"lucky" ones that gets to leave....

You pegged it.

"Technology will save us."

Famous last words.

OK - done with micro rant DKat

Old 22-01-2004, 02:12 PM
jimbo

Alan Connor wrote in message link.net...
On 21 Jan 2004 16:21:34 -0800, jimbo wrote:

Alan Connor wrote in message link.net...

If you HAVE to run, then you had better know your wild edible plants, of
which there are more than 1800 species in North America, because trapping
and hunting will SERIOUSLY slow you down...
AC

You silly asshole. First, there is NO collapse in sight except for
your sanity. Second, who is going to RUN? Not me. Let the bandits try,
I will put a 9 mm up their nose.

jimbo

A preponderance of pathetic fools like you is one of the main reasons
your civilization IS going to collapse.

AC

You are the pathetic fool. "My" civilization will continue to dominate
the world despite lunatics like you. Pathetic fools like you will run
and hide and eat grass while people like me relax at home in comfort
eating steak and drinking wine.

Old 22-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Offbreed

jimbo wrote:

Alan Connor wrote in message link.net...

If you HAVE to run, then you had better know your wild edible plants, of
which there are more than 1800 species in North America, because trapping
and hunting will SERIOUSLY slow you down...
AC

You silly asshole. First, there is NO collapse in sight except for
your sanity. Second, who is going to RUN? Not me. Let the bandits try,
I will put a 9 mm up their nose.

Take off into totally strange territory, you don't know who lives
there, you don't know where the hiding places are, don't know where
the paths are or where they lead, don't know where the plants grow,
don't know which patch of berries has the hornet nest (don't ask),
don't know where the ponds are or where the fish hide, don't know
where the best places to camp are...

I think the closest to nature alanc has gotten is to sprawl on a lawn,
somewhere. Once. As a little kid. He got paddled for getting "messy".

because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable
from -self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of
free time." -- Neil Stephenson

Except he is more likely to be about 14yrs old.

Old 22-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Offbreed

Noah Simoneaux wrote:

The only little problem
is the minor detail that they're so incompetent that they couldn't lead a group
of girl scouts out of a mall.

Sounds like something that would take a lot of leadership skills,
unless they'd been there all day.

Now, alanc trying to lead them INTO the mall might be the only thing
that would keep them *out*.

Old 22-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Alan Connor

On 22 Jan 2004 06:10:10 -0800, jimbo wrote:

Alan Connor wrote in message link.net...
On 21 Jan 2004 16:21:34 -0800, jimbo wrote:

Alan Connor wrote in message link.net...

If you HAVE to run, then you had better know your wild edible plants, of
which there are more than 1800 species in North America, because trapping
and hunting will SERIOUSLY slow you down...
AC

You silly asshole. First, there is NO collapse in sight except for
your sanity. Second, who is going to RUN? Not me. Let the bandits try,
I will put a 9 mm up their nose.

jimbo

A preponderance of pathetic fools like you is one of the main reasons
your civilization IS going to collapse.

And I hereby repeat the above.

(the rest deleted unseen)
--
ed(1)
25K of troll-control
Old 23-01-2004, 01:04 AM
North

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:58:34 GMT, Alan Connor said:

On 21 Jan 2004 15:22:38 GMT, Frank White wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 06:28:34 GMT, Alan Connor wrote:

(snip)
CO in an open area is NEVER lethal. Do your homework and quit telling
falsehoods.

CO in an open area is also hard to control. How do you control the

concentration
enough to make sure it's effective? Must be magic.

You see, this is the problem I have with alanc's claim, here. I
send a lot of time around CO producers: They're called 'cars',
and I have walked beside them, driven in them, and been stuck
in traffic jams surrounded by dozens of them all running and
putting out CO. And aside from gagging over diesel fumes, or
being rocked back by the stink some of them produce when they
burn bad gas, I've never passed out or been unable to breathe.
Heck, I've worked in garages where the air was BLUE with exhaust;
and although it gave me a headache, it didn't incapacitate me.

Except that I was talking about an "exhaust" putting out pure CO
(woodgas) rather than almost pure C02 with traces of C0, which is what cars
and such do.

It's a tactic of limited usefulness, mainly because of the near
zero-wind conditions necessary.

I'll be more careful about my wording in the future. That should have
been clear in the original article.

AC

Don't you mean that you will be more careful about what bullshit you
spew. Just like last time Alan, you will get tangled in that web of
lies you keep spinning.

In fact Tom err Alan, why do you keep repeating the same bullshit ?
I think you should check yourself back into the hospital in
Wellington, you need your medication adjusted again.
Oh and Tom, do stick around, you sure are a hoot.

North.