Old 20-01-2004, 08:11 PM
James Hanway

Default North America After the Collapse

Since when did North America not include Canada? =P

James,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

"Alan Connor" wrote in message
ink.net...

In North America at present, including Canada,...

Old 20-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Alan Connor

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 06:57:27 -0500, wrote:

"Alan Connor" wrote in message
ink.net...
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:25:02 -0500, Peter H wrote:

Condor Chef wrote:

What people forget is that a rock is not a football, or a baseball, or a
grenade.

Footballs & baseballs have already been covered by this thread & even by
professional throwers found quite wanting. And, should you be able to
throw a hand grenade 100 yards or better, it would explode before
landing, pretty well obviating the reason for throwing one in the first
place. It's simply not a feasible feat. Any rock you might throw (by
hand, but I most seriously doubt it) 100 yards would not be an effective
weapon.

Someone around here needs to look up "figure of speech".

*I* certainly didn't even imply that anyone would try to throw a rock for
an 1/8 of a mile as a weapon.

No, but now you've implied that there are 800 yards to a mile.

Seems like folks here, on a group *allegedly* focussed on survivalism,
prefer to avoid talking about the probable collapse of their civilization.

Pretty funny.

But understandable. They think that they only way people can have a decent
life is to live as they do now, or how their ancestors lived.

Which is bizarre, considering that by any rational standards, the quality-
of-life in America just plain stinks.

And their fool ancestors wiped out people who had a significantly superior
culture.

What they need to face is the fact that ALL totalitarian regimes control the
people by controlling the history books.

The Soviets also called their country "The Greatest Country on Earth" and
had libraries full of books that "proved" this "fact".

America isnt even anywhere near the top, even by its own standards.

37th in health care, 14th in longevity.

See trendsresearch.com

And even the lifestyle of the Europeans is based upon exploiting the lands
and lives of people in the "3rd World", and those folks are purely fed up
it.

Industrial-Capitalism is simple too destructive of the land and non-member
populations to continue for long.

AC

Old 21-01-2004, 01:02 AM
D Kat

Take a look where this has been cross posted... Many of us in rec.gardens
and probably every room EXCEPT for survivalism are not all that in to
planning for the end of civilization. We are having way too much fun in our
gardens and doing what we do. Now if you want a hot debate that will cross
all rooms and have everyone ticked off even at themselves bring up.... NO...
I learned my lesson... I'm NOT going to go there.... Sighhhh, it passed.
All is good.

DKat

link.net...

Old 21-01-2004, 02:02 AM
Sue

Condor Chef wrote:

[...]

Blah, blah, blah, blah. Alan is getting so, well, so....... blah.
Sue - ignored (

AC

Old 21-01-2004, 02:08 AM
Alan Connor

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:42:04 GMT, D Kat wrote:

Take a look where this has been cross posted... Many of us in rec.gardens
and probably every room EXCEPT for survivalism are not all that in to
planning for the end of civilization. We are having way too much fun in our
gardens and doing what we do. Now if you want a hot debate that will cross
all rooms and have everyone ticked off even at themselves bring up.... NO...
I learned my lesson... I'm NOT going to go there.... Sighhhh, it passed.
All is good.

DKat

I too love gardening.

So you think that just because you aren't into planning for the end of your
civilization that it isn't going to happen?

:-)

What's going on is being called the Great Recession. Unlike in the Great
Depression, ailing companies can use cheap labor, and markets, overseas, and it
is only the Middle Class that are dying.

(Notice that the value of the Euro is so high that along with terrorism fears
it has largely killed international tourism in the U.S. Care to guess how
many Middle-Class folks lost and are losing their jobs because of this? And
it is not going to get better. Quite the opposite. Inflation is going to
continue at the same alarming pace. Soon you will not be able to afford a car.)

As it progresses, you will, if you have any brains at all, change your mind.

AC

Old 21-01-2004, 02:16 AM
Sue

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:42:04 GMT, "D Kat" wrote:

Take a look where this has been cross posted... Many of us in rec.gardens
and probably every room EXCEPT for survivalism are not all that in to
planning for the end of civilization. We are having way too much fun in our
gardens and doing what we do. Now if you want a hot debate that will cross
all rooms and have everyone ticked off even at themselves bring up.... NO...
I learned my lesson... I'm NOT going to go there.... Sighhhh, it passed.
All is good.

DKat

Sorry, I just made another post on this thread and didn't remove any
of the other groups. Actually, as far as a can tell, Alan is the only
one of the regular posters *convinced* that the end of civilization is
coming soon. Everyone else, I believe, just uses TEOTWAWKI scenarios
for mental excercises.
Sue - not deleting your group because this is addressed to you

hlink.net...

Old 21-01-2004, 06:02 AM
D Kat

No I don't think it is or that it isn't. I was simply responding to
someone's bafflement that for a survivalist room no one seems interested in
the issue of the collapse of civilization. My statement was that the post
was crossposted to rooms that were not of that ilk.

talking about a country that executes mentally retarded humans, imprisons
children (and executes them), wants to teach the bible as science, crows
about being religous and loving G~d while painting graffiti over G~d's
creation and strutting about glorifying man's creations over that of G~d
(ugly sentence)...

There is a prayer (I'm really not into prayers in general since to me waving
the flag or your religion in public is like making out on Main Street
but...) the prayer says basically to work to change for the better that
which you can, not to be brought down by those things you cannot change and
to have the sense to know the difference. Humans (well all living things)
adapt. If civilization collapses, those who adapt may survive. I may be a
survivor, I may not be. I'm not going to ruin my life living it for the
worse possible outcome.

I wouldn't respond at all to this but I'm snow bound and bored.... and I
like science fiction/fantasy DKat

Old 21-01-2004, 06:03 AM
D Kat

Again, I wasn't complaining about the cross posting. Just commenting (again
because I'm bored and looking to ramble) to the comment about the curiousity
of survivalist not wanting to respond to the actual topic - I said that is
because it is being posted in rooms that are not survivalist.... DK

Old 21-01-2004, 06:13 AM
Offbreed

Sue wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:42:04 GMT, "D Kat" wrote:

all rooms and have everyone ticked off even at themselves bring up.... NO...
I learned my lesson... I'm NOT going to go there.... Sighhhh, it passed.
All is good.

DKat

Sorry, I just made another post on this thread and didn't remove any
of the other groups. Actually, as far as a can tell, Alan is the only
one of the regular posters *convinced* that the end of civilization is
coming soon. Everyone else, I believe, just uses TEOTWAWKI scenarios
for mental excercises.
Sue - not deleting your group because this is addressed to you

Yup.

Of course, something can be a total wipeout for one person, and the
rest of the human race hardly notices, or something can turn most of a
country over and an individual in the country sees little or not
effect on his own life.

(shrug). Plan for what you can or think likely, even if someone on the
usenet cannot understand what you are planning for, never mind why.

Old 21-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Ross

[...]

Is not this the main reason for space travel? The leaders know this planet
is limited.