Old 10-07-2008, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New Reader/Poster

The message
from Bobbie contains these words:
Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
The message
from Bobbie contains these words:

This B is listening. but sadly can't help.
I have been busy studying a Planting Calendar posted elsewhere. I shall
store all the knowledge and then totally overwhelm my man when I recite
it later.
I don't suppose you know how to keep a daft chicken out of the kitchen?

Put it in the pantry?

LOL. Hello Rusty, nice to meet you. If she doesn't watch it she will end
up as Sunday dinner.g

Hello Bobby Dazzler...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 10-07-2008, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Judith in France contains these words:

Ar. Us loikes peeping at Jezebels.

Behave Rusty, wot's the weather like in dear old Norfolk?

Oi dew behave, though not always loike oi shd.

Rearning all yisterday, droy all terday.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 10-07-2008, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

I have a blue linen trouser suit and a tobacco brown linen skirt suit. I'm
keeping my options open but judging by the weather, I'd be better off in the
woollies! And to think that I've asked the florist to decorate the table in
all the summery flowers and colours he can find. I might as well have asked
him to put up Christmas trees!

Just at the moment I think a diving suit would be a good idea.

Helmet needs a bit of polishing though.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 10-07-2008, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Gordon H" wrote

My friend Mavis's brother keeps bees, but unfortunately they live on the
East coast. If they were local I would try his honey as a relief for
my hay fever.

It's an old beekeepers' tale. Good for the bekeeper's pocket. But if a
sufferer thinks it works it might :-)

Mary

That's my attitude towards "alternative medicine" - try it by all means,
but keep taking the tablets.

I di buy some local honey, rather expensive at £3.50 per jar, but it
didn't have enough effect to make me pay that price again.

Terry sells his at about £1.50 to friends, and £1.75 to shops, and all
proceeds go to the Methodist church where he is a lay preacher and a
very central figure. At his golden wedding celebration we had a
choice of red or white grape juice, but her other brother Eric and I
managed to sneak out for a pint. :-)
--
Gordon H

Old 10-07-2008, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 10, 5:24 pm, Rusty Hinge 2
wrote:
The message
from Judith in France contains these words:

Ar. Us loikes peeping at Jezebels.

Behave Rusty, wot's the weather like in dear old Norfolk?

Oi dew behave, though not always loike oi shd.

Rearning all yisterday, droy all terday.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Did you dwile your flonk then? When wos the last time you was up the
sitee?

Judith
Old 10-07-2008, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 9, 8:43 pm, Rusty Hinge 2
wrote:
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

A Grockle, eh? I didn't know that.
I've better be more careful what I say!

Thet yew hed, missus.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

That is a Yarmouth accent Rusty!!! what about a Beccles one?

Judith
Old 10-07-2008, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 10, 5:26 pm, Rusty Hinge 2
wrote:
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

I have a blue linen trouser suit and a tobacco brown linen skirt suit. I'm
keeping my options open but judging by the weather, I'd be better off in the
woollies! And to think that I've asked the florist to decorate the table in
all the summery flowers and colours he can find. I might as well have asked
him to put up Christmas trees!

Just at the moment I think a diving suit would be a good idea.

Helmet needs a bit of polishing though.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

We don't wear brass helmets anymore Rusty, Neoprene hoods, in my case,
bareheaded as I can't bear it near my face - oooh it's closing in!!!

Judith
Old 10-07-2008, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 10, 6:08 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 10/7/08 17:26, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

I have a blue linen trouser suit and a tobacco brown linen skirt suit. I'm
keeping my options open but judging by the weather, I'd be better off in the
woollies! And to think that I've asked the florist to decorate the table in
all the summery flowers and colours he can find. I might as well have asked
him to put up Christmas trees!

Just at the moment I think a diving suit would be a good idea.

Helmet needs a bit of polishing though.

I can see my mother's 90th birthday face now......... She'd love the
helmet, though. This is a woman who puts on a hat to walk round her own
garden!

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Eerm... I had a Panama on today when we went out this p.m. I did take
it off when ever I saw another person though :-)

Judith
Old 10-07-2008, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gordon H" wrote in message

That's my attitude towards "alternative medicine" - try it by all means,
but keep taking the tablets.

:-)

I di buy some local honey, rather expensive at £3.50 per jar, but it
didn't have enough effect to make me pay that price again.

The expense depends on the size of the jar. £3.50 for 3/4 lb seems to be
more or less standard up here. But in shops 'local' honey is much more.
'Local' seems to mean anything within a 50 mile radius - and some of that, I
know, isn't always produced in that area.

Terry sells his at about £1.50 to friends, and £1.75 to shops, and all
proceeds go to the Methodist church where he is a lay preacher and a very
central figure. At his golden wedding celebration we had a choice of
red or white grape juice, but her other brother Eric and I managed to
sneak out for a pint. :-)

Oh! You little tinker you!!

At our golden wedding anything anyone wants will be available. Same at my
funeral.

Mary

Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 10, 9:04 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 10/7/08 19:32, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
On Jul 10, 6:08 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 10/7/08 17:26, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

[...]

It's hot where you are and Panamas are very 'in' - ask Sienna Thingy.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Miller thingy??? :-) Going to bed, there is a lulu of a storm, it was
bound to happen after the heat of the day, sigh, that means my
petunias, grown from seed by me I might add, will be limp tomorrow!

Judith
Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/7/08 21:48, in article
, "Judith in
France" wrote:

On Jul 10, 9:04 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 10/7/08 19:32, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
On Jul 10, 6:08 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 10/7/08 17:26, in article
,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

[...]

That's her.

Going to bed, there is a lulu of a storm, it was
bound to happen after the heat of the day, sigh, that means my
petunias, grown from seed by me I might add, will be limp tomorrow!

Judith

It's quite humid here - clouds in the sky looking omnibus but there was the
teeniest glimpse of pink a while ago. Talked to someone in Jersey at around
5pm - they were sitting on the terrace in the sun. Humph!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 11, 8:55 am, AriesVal
wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:32:34 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France wrote:
On Jul 10, 6:08 pm, Sacha wrote:
[23 quoted lines suppressed]

Eerm... I had a Panama on today when we went out this p.m. I did take
it off when ever I saw another person though :-)

Judith

this was me a week or so ago at our garden table wearing my sun hat, but the
weather since then has been rain and more rain http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...allostinLappyL...
--
The most important thing in communication
is hearing what isn't being said - Anonhttp://www.copelands.plus.com/val/

Val, you take a great photo, you also have a lovely tan, mine is fake
alas as I have a problem with sun on my skin and I wear a total sun
block. I wish I could take a photo of myself in the garden and post
it but I don't know how to focus the thing, where is my husband when I
need him???

Judith
Old 11-07-2008, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 11, 8:51 am, AriesVal
wrote:
On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 23:21:15 +0100, Sacha wrote:
On 9/7/08 22:59, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

[89 quoted lines suppressed]

Oh lor' how our differences make us interesting! I've done my time at the
dressed to kill coalface and am now very content not to have to go anywhere
near heels and a skirt. Next week - family celebration - I have to don
both, blast it. Trousers might still win out, however!

I always wear trousers these days whatever the occasion - I have some lovely
black velvet ones that look great with heels
--
He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge
over which he himself must pass - G. Herberthttp://www.copelands.plus.com/val/

I am not a trouser person but my daughter gave me a pair, new and a
beautiful mixture of silk and cotton. I had them altered to fit me
and I have to say I think they look lovely but I am a bit hesitant to
wear them, don't ask me why. I either wear leggings or chinos for
working around the house and garden but always feel the need to put a
dress on to go out in the evening!!!! Maybe I will try them again, as
you say, with high heels and see if I feel a bit more confident.

Judith