Old 13-08-2007, 07:46 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

Default Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer

In article ,
"Wolfgang" wrote:

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
Geoff-consulting forester in the US wrote:
Treelady, et, Al.

The only reason you find "Symplastless" to have a good understanding of
trees is that you are ignorant.

Note that I stated "ignorant" and not stupid. My statement is not an
insult, but rather a logical reply based on your input.

Then you must also be ignorant to have posted this exact message 7 times!
Note: I stated "ignorant" and this is my logical reply based on everyone's
input:

All you self-righteous folk, go back to your "forestry" and leave our
gardens, please!

In defense of John, all he did was reply to a thread that had been
cross-posted. He was *NOT* the original cross-poster. Neither was Billy.
Or Ann. Or myself. With some readers, if not all of them, when you hit
reply to a thread, it sends the reply to all the groups that the OP sent
it to. Whereas, you seem to think that we invaded your territory, STS, we
could think the same here in wreck gardens. So how's bout a deal....you go
back where you belong, and we will stay where we belong.

Oh & glad that Don's vocabulary is so advanced that he has to revert to
name calling with explicits. That was so uncalled for. Is that the type of
language you learned in your PR classes?

This is probably as good a place as any in this thread to offer an
observation.

You people are funny.

Wolfgang
who spends most of his time in another newsgroup......no less populated with
idiots and buffoons, to be sure.....but at least somebody actually says
something once in a while.

Well, we wouldn't want to detain you.

Geoff acts like he was the childhood victim of incest, by both his
parents.

Oh well, back to sunshine and butterflies.

I think I've identified two more of my medicinals, skull cap and hysopp.
Rediscovered the passion flower. It was among the basils. Now what to do
with it. I read it can go to twenty feet, straight up.

I used golden bantam for my sweet corn this year but I only seem to get
one decent ear per stalk in spite of watering it twice a day and
multiple side dressings through the season. I think I will cut my
plantings by half next year. I still haven't tried the dent corn but I'd
grow it again as an ornamental (dent corn and sunflowers), in any event.
Those suckers are 14 feet tall if they are an inch.
All of the tomatoes, early and late ripening, are doing well on both
sides of the garden. 7/12s of the tomatoes in one area have green
tomatoes and 8/10s in the other area. Think I better start thinin'
tomato sauce. At least I can do crop rotation with them starting next
year.

It has been a very even year here in Sonoma County. Lots of days in the
80s and 90s but few below 70 F and none above 100 F. Last year we had a
dozen above 100 F.
--
FB - FFF

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 13-08-2007, 08:05 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

In article ,
"Don Staples" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"D. Staples" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article LtMvi.1123$Gz4.695@trndny05, "Joe" wrote:

"symplastless" wrote in message
No Don Staples, we are very different from you.
1. We understand trees
2. We define our terms

Don Staples you claim to be a forester. Please define what you
mean
by a
forest.

Most foresters have taken at least a dozen courses in forestry, after
taken
many courses in biology, along with the other countless required
college
courses. I have about 20 college texts on forestry, trees, wildlife
biology
and mgt., arboriculture, soils science, geology, etc., etc.- that tops
your
3 day courses.

I conclude that you or whoever started this thread by cross posting
should
stop the cross posting.

Even if you were a highly educated and trained arborist- arborist
issues
don't belong in alt.forestry. Perhaps, you could start a new group
called
alt.arborist. Don and myself and a few others started this newsgroup a
decade ago- it wasn't that difficult- so you could do it too then keep
your
discussions there where they belong.

Joe

Gladly, but I am posting in rec.gardens. We rarely deal with forests.
Mostly just trees. Your buddy Don could have easily brought this thread
to an end, a long time ago by entering into a civil discussion instead
of just showing attitude.

Ah, an angry rag head, as well. You could have brought this thread to an
end by stopping the crossposting, but no, you join the fray, so, have it,
crotch rot. Civil discussion has failed in the past with "the tree
biologist", and will with his invites, as well. So, as I said, **** off,
crotch rot.

Heavens, I didn't think that you and "Civil Discussion" were even on a
nodding acquaintance.

I'm sorry John, I was just looking at the Massachusetts requirements for
Forestry. I'm reminded of the smile that used to pass among physical
scientists when a biologist was around. Today what passes for a
biologist is a bio-chemist. I think if you required long division from
these idiots they would fold-up. Have you read "Fastfood Nation"? The
upshot of the whole deal is that you can find want adds for doctors
these days. People can come in off the street and are taught doctor
skills to free up doctors and nurses and make fewer of them necessary
and generate more profits for the hospitals investors.

I'm pretty sure that these folks don't want to end up in their golden
years flipping hamburgers at McDonalds and if you call yourself an
"arborist" without suffering what they suffered, then you are a threat.
Joe particularly got worked up over manual laborers and how little
training that they required. And thats all there is to it John, you are
a threat to them.

They have taken Forest Science I, II, and III, sorry, but not the most
intellectually challenging classes in the world, and now work they work
for the government, which gives them no respect. You on the other hand
have taken a number of three day classes, started your own business, and
are treated as a professional. LOL

Hey, Massachusetts, you can do it cheaper.

Stubby, super size that will ya?

Supper size THIS, crotch rot. Like your leader, the "tree biologist', you
have no concept of what your talking about.

You really miss real people don't you Stubby or do you just like abuse?
Why don't you and the "Daisy Chain" just stay here and leave the
non-psychopathic people in peace? Dirty Harry would have wanted it that
way.

Old 13-08-2007, 08:09 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry,alt.government.abuse

In article ,
"Don Staples" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article .com,
Treelady wrote:

On Aug 13, 3:27 am, mhagen wrote:
symplastless wrote:
"symplastless" wrote in message
Training with out education makes robots.
Education without training makes?

Training without education makes robots. Education without training
makes
waste. Both are needed; training and education.

100 Tree Myths Shigo page 8

Billy Rose, symplastless - this sounds like a cult.

You respond like spoiled 8 year olds. If you've actually gotten paid
for
this and you think this thread is helping your career, you must live in
bum****, egypt and have a lot of truly ignorant clients. You do know
what the Usenet is, right? Anybody who can punch up Google can read
your inane and callow retorts. And you think they won't research you?
Ha!

You whine about Don's or Joe's credentials but show no scientific rigor
in your own statements. They don't have to show a resume- they were
here
when this group started and before that on bionet agroforestry. We
started these groups. You repeat yourself constantly- perhaps you're
brain damaged. You seem to have derived your knowledge, if that's what
you call it, directly from divine inspiration- Ezekiel, eh? More likely
plagiarism from the good Dr.s publications. Stop cross posting to alt.
forestry and I promise- I won't cross post to alt.great lakes or
rec.gardens. This is a professional and social group where working
Foresters can blow off steam, compare issues and talk about problems.
You've been getting a pretty polite treatment so far.

He has a point, when shall all of you settle down and start talking
about trees? Tree talk is much more interesting than all the back and
forth arguing.

Very true but these trolls have attempted to damage John's business. You
know, his means of supporting his family. What I suggest is that all of
us write to the Forestry Service in Massachusetts and Oregon or the USDA
and complain about these "public employees". Jim DiMaio,
Chief Forester, Bureau of Forestry, Boston (617) 626-1430 Fax (617)
626-1351 or Marvin Brown, State Forester, Salem OR PH: 503-945-7211.

mhagen got it right. Even Stubby cops to
being a cult.
D. Staples July 25 alt.forestry

Ah, but Joe, we are merely the dirty underbelly of the profession, the
one's that actually get mud on our boots, what could we collectively
know about the profession of forestry. We don't get the strokes, the
diamond studded collars, or the "Forester of the Year" awards. All we
do is grow trees and manage forests. This site represents the real
world of forestry. The archivists will call us a "CULT", or
untermenchen, of the real forestry world recorded in the great Halls of
Ivory.
--------

So you can see that for all their vacation time and medical insurance,
they are still miserable with their jobs. How threatening must it be for
them when someone with a couple of smarts to rub together, gets
recognition and respect for working in their "speciality" area. Even a
year at Bellvue couldn't straighten out these misanthropes.
--

Along with everything else, your reading comprehension is very limited.
None of us on here are government employees.

Well, I have renewed confidence in our government.
By the way, you

can kiss our collective asses.

You'd reeealy like that wouldn't you? Why don't you go have a beer and
suck on your gun for awhile, and relax?

Old 13-08-2007, 08:12 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"Wolfgang" wrote:

[...]

Good thing. Dashed expectations are a bitch, so I hear.

Geoff acts like he was the childhood victim of incest, by both his
parents.

I wouldn't know about that. I bow to your expertise.

[...]

It's been very warm and humid here in Milwaukee for the past three weeks.
Not exactly a drought, but rainfall is definitely below normal.

Wolfgang

Old 13-08-2007, 08:14 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.government.abuse

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"Don Staples" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article .com,
Treelady wrote:

On Aug 13, 3:27 am, mhagen wrote:
symplastless wrote:
[...]

Aren't you the Bill Rose running a meth lab in California? You see, we see
the alt.government.abuse header you added. Good luck, Billy Boy.

Old 13-08-2007, 08:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Wolfgang" wrote:

Would appreciate you wipe your shoes before you come in. No sense
tracking the manure in from alt.forestry.

D you have a garden or would you want to make a garden? If so, you are
in the right spot.

Old 13-08-2007, 08:43 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

He still refuses to define his terms your Honor and jury. I rest my case.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Don Staples" wrote in message
"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
Don Staples if you claim to be a forester you should be able to define
what a forest is. Please define.

As an obsessive compulsive autistic you should be able to define
yourself.

Old 13-08-2007, 08:47 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes

Don cannot define himself, yet he wants to define others that he does not
even know? Who's the real fraud?

Oh, Toni Gee said that Einstein did not have a degree and flunked math in
third grade. And his education did not go past third grade. Something to
think about.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Don Staples" wrote in message
"Ann" wrote in message
"D. Staples" expounded:

I meant to ask, as a close associate of Dr. Shigo, were you in the
secretarial pool, do the floors, or clean up around the office? It would
fit right in with Keslick being a biologist. Perhaps you should stay in
zone 6a and raise your flowers..

Listen, Donny-boy, I'm no fan of any of this. Why don't you snip your
childish crossposts and go away from rec.gardens? Hmmm?
--

It would seem, since you failed to answer the question, which puts you in
the same category as the "tree biologist", a fraud. And by the way, it

Old 13-08-2007, 08:48 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes

And you are still a cross posting ass hole.

Beware a so called "tree biologist" who has never studied biology.

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
He still refuses to define his terms your Honor and jury. I rest my case.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding
us that we are not the boss.

Old 13-08-2007, 08:49 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes

But you don't understand trees. get a job on a trash truck. God bless
those people that do.

get in a discussion on a topic you have an understanding of. Obviously you
don't understand trees.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Don Staples" wrote in message
"symplastless" wrote in message
Don Staples

Do you understand trees? Please explain.

Do you understand that you are a fraud? What were you to Dr. Shigo, his
saw hand? Or a grandson that cannot make it without riding the good
Doctors coat tail.

Old 13-08-2007, 08:51 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

How do you define a forest. I.e., if you call yourself a forester. Which
you do on your web page. That is a legitimate question.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Don Staples" wrote in message
We are waiting for some one, any one, with a legitimate question?

"Treelady" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old 13-08-2007, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.government.abuse

Again Staples has no words on trees.

He's the fraud. Believe it because you see it for yourself. I rest my
case.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Don Staples" wrote in message
"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"Don Staples" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article .com,

Old 13-08-2007, 09:03 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

Geoff-consulting forester in the US wrote:
*snip*

Now, as far as the ****ing freedom of speech goes you little
anti-American church going whore, Don't tread on my bill of rights.

I was not trying to step on anyone's freedom of speech. I was simply
trying to imply this:

Y'all claim to have so much knowledge, but yet you can't choose more
intelligent words? Did the learning stop before it got to vocabulary?

*snip*

Now, feel free to blame all this nasty talk on my ignorance of Public
relations. *grin*

By the way, Rachel -

It's Rachael not Rachel. Can't read either huh?
*snip*

Have a nice day.

You too!

Now, if you'll stay on your side of the fence, I'll stay on mine.....