Old 13-08-2007, 09:08 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry

Default Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer

Today I learned that Chestnut oak acorns are born and mature on the current
wood.

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...st-acorns.html

Red oaks - their acorns are born one year and do not mature until the
following year. So they mature on last years wood.

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...nr-acorns.html

Now I do not have a degree, but you can see this for yourself.

I am still waiting for Don Staples to define what a forest is to him. After
all he claims to be a forester and attacks other people for whatever cause.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 13-08-2007, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry,alt.government.abuse

Define yourself Don Staples.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Don Staples" wrote in message
"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article .com,
szilagyic wrote:

Massachusetts, you could do better. Don't these Foresters have better
things to do, punch clocks, write reports, do push-up, than to hassle
honest tax payers? This is an egregious waste of tax payer money. Put
them to work.

--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Hey, crotch rot, no government flunkies here, unless you are, by the way,
Keslick keeps asking what we are, what are you? Other than a pretentious
prick?

Old 13-08-2007, 09:18 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes

In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

Oh, Toni Gee said that Einstein did not have a degree and flunked math in
third grade. And his education did not go past third grade. Something to
think about.

Toni is very wrong.

In his early teens, Albert attended the new and progressive Luitpold
Gymnasium.

The Einsteins sent Albert to Aarau, Switzerland to finish secondary
school.

In 1896, he graduated at age 17, renounced his German citizenship to
avoid military service (with his father's approval), and finally
enrolled in the mathematics program at ETH (Swiss Federal Institute of
Technology in Zurich).

At the age of 26, having studied under Alfred Kleiner, Professor of
Experimental Physics, Einstein was awarded a PhD by the University of
Zurich.
--
FB - FFF

Old 13-08-2007, 09:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

He still refuses to define his terms your Honor and jury. I rest my case.

Great, now kill file that odious S.O.B.

Old 13-08-2007, 09:22 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes

"symplastless" wrote in message
Don Staples can talk about anything but trees. When it comes to trees and
their associates his has no conversation.

--

At least I have the education, training, and experience to talk about
something, unlike you, who has to create a facade to exist.

Old 13-08-2007, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
How do you define a forest. I.e., if you call yourself a forester. Which
you do on your web page. That is a legitimate question.

Nothing about you is legitimate,

Ignore a so called "tree biologist" who has never studied biology.

Old 13-08-2007, 09:24 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes

Now, if you'll stay on your side of the fence, I'll stay on mine.....

You seem unable to stay on your side of the fence

Old 13-08-2007, 09:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

Again Staples has no words on trees.

He's the fraud. Believe it because you see it for yourself. I rest my
case.

John, when you play with excrement, you always get some on you. Just
killfile the ******* and move on.

Old 13-08-2007, 09:25 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
Today I learned that Chestnut oak acorns are born and mature on the
current wood.

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...st-acorns.html

Red oaks - their acorns are born one year and do not mature until the
following year. So they mature on last years wood.

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...nr-acorns.html

Now I do not have a degree, but you can see this for yourself.

I am so happy you discovered acorns grow on oaks. about time you learned
something about trees.

Beware a so called "tree biologist" who has never studied biology.

Old 13-08-2007, 09:26 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
Define yourself Don Staples.

--

Define THIS, dufus.

Beware a so called "tree biologist" who never studied biology.

Old 13-08-2007, 09:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

John, it is obvious that the "Daisy Chain Gang" is much more comfortable
in effluent than we are. If you are going to keep responding to every
fart that they make, I will have to "kill file" you as well. I'm sure
I'm not speaking only for myself. Let them go.

You aren't helping yourself by embracing this conflict. They have shown
their true colors (sort of a greenish brown). They have no credibility.
They can't hurt you. They have lost, in the eyes of the posters to
"Wrecked Gardens". To continue to engage in an unnecessary contest will
cost you credibility in the NG. They didn't have the guts to argue
ideas. Have a beer. You da man;-)

Old 13-08-2007, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

John, it is obvious that the "Daisy Chain Gang" is much more comfortable
in effluent than we are. If you are going to keep responding to every
fart that they make, I will have to "kill file" you as well. I'm sure
I'm not speaking only for myself. Let them go.

Funny, we decided the same about you fart blossoms.

Old 13-08-2007, 10:07 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.forestry

Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
"Wolfgang" wrote:

"rachael simpson" wrote in message

Geoff-consulting forester in the US wrote:

Treelady, et, Al.

The only reason you find "Symplastless" to have a good understanding of
trees is that you are ignorant.

Note that I stated "ignorant" and not stupid. My statement is not an
insult, but rather a logical reply based on your input.

Then you must also be ignorant to have posted this exact message 7 times!
Note: I stated "ignorant" and this is my logical reply based on everyone's
input:

All you self-righteous folk, go back to your "forestry" and leave our
gardens, please!

In defense of John, all he did was reply to a thread that had been
cross-posted. He was *NOT* the original cross-poster. Neither was Billy.
Or Ann. Or myself. With some readers, if not all of them, when you hit
reply to a thread, it sends the reply to all the groups that the OP sent
it to. Whereas, you seem to think that we invaded your territory, STS, we
could think the same here in wreck gardens. So how's bout a deal....you go
back where you belong, and we will stay where we belong.

Oh & glad that Don's vocabulary is so advanced that he has to revert to
name calling with explicits. That was so uncalled for. Is that the type of
language you learned in your PR classes?

This is probably as good a place as any in this thread to offer an
observation.

You people are funny.

Wolfgang
who spends most of his time in another newsgroup......no less populated with
idiots and buffoons, to be sure.....but at least somebody actually says
something once in a while.

Well, we wouldn't want to detain you.

Geoff acts like he was the childhood victim of incest, by both his
parents.

Oh well, back to sunshine and butterflies.

I think I've identified two more of my medicinals, skull cap and hysopp.
Rediscovered the passion flower. It was among the basils. Now what to do
with it. I read it can go to twenty feet, straight up.

I suggest that you mix the passionflower with the skullcap in either a
tea or a tincture. It would be good for stress and calming down.

Alt.forestry is an interesting group, as can be rec.gardens. Mr. Keslick
has become a troll in alt.foresty, perhaps not so in rec.gardens, which
I haven't been reading this summer, perhaps because the drought here in TN.

Peace, y'all.

Kate
Old 13-08-2007, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
kate wrote:

Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
"Wolfgang" wrote:

[...]

How patronizing of you to say so. You must be using laudanum if you
haven't noticed the reprehensible and misogynistic filth uttered by Joe,
Dan, and Geoff. And it was all triggered by their belligerent and
furtive behavior. John asked a simple question at which they took
offense. If you take their part, I have nothing for you.

Alt.forestry is an interesting group, as can be rec.gardens. Mr. Keslick
has become a troll in alt.foresty, perhaps not so in rec.gardens, which
I haven't been reading this summer, perhaps because the drought here in TN.

Peace, y'all.

Pretentious and patronizing. Back to your sewer troll. Isn't there
some trash, somewhere, you should be picking up?

Kate