Old 23-09-2013, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Keeping cats out of garden

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:54:03 +0100, Mr Pounder wrote:

My dog don't crap in my neighbour's garden, I see no reason why his
vermin cats should crap in my garden.

Maybe you ought to change the coolant in your car and forget to
dispose of the bowl full of old coolant...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 23-09-2013, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Monday 23 September 2013 20:54 Mr Pounder wrote in uk.rec.gardening:

Yup, under my wood chippings.
Guess who gets a handful of it when weeding?
My dog don't crap in my neighbour's garden, I see no reason why his vermin
cats should crap in my garden.

+1

People have turned very fascist about dogs pooping in public places and yet
I find cats infinitely more annoying as people digs generally do not come
into my garden, unless invited.

Old 23-09-2013, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 21:03:00 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

If you have loads of poo in your garden, unburied, it's not a cat.

Some cats are not very good at the burying, vague scratch in the soil
half hearted attempt to cover.

I am sure you must know a lot more about cats than I do.
Except I have one and I can assure you he buries his poo in his own garden.
Stop blaming cats for everything, it really annoys me.

Old 23-09-2013, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:51:31 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

[1] Almost certain it's a cat - there are sometimes vague attempts
scratch the ground and bury it, but often not successful. Volume
and
size is too small for a fox.

Cats usually bury their poo. Young dog fox cubs are ejected from their
families round about late August. I suggest it might be them.

Doesn't fox poo have a very "foxy" but not unpleasant smell and a
pointed end?]Depends if the cubs have managed to to catch anything.

Cat poo smells foul.

Agreed, but they bury it.

Yup, under my wood chippings.
Guess who gets a handful of it when weeding?
My dog don't crap in my neighbour's garden, I see no reason why his vermin
cats should crap in my garden.

You just don't understand cats.

Old 24-09-2013, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/09/13 22:51, Tim Watts wrote:
On Monday 23 September 2013 20:54 Mr Pounder wrote in uk.rec.gardening:

Yup, under my wood chippings.
Guess who gets a handful of it when weeding?
My dog don't crap in my neighbour's garden, I see no reason why his vermin
cats should crap in my garden.

+1

People have turned very fascist about dogs pooping in public places and yet
I find cats infinitely more annoying as people digs generally do not come
into my garden, unless invited.

And then there's the whole issue of Toxoplasma Gondii
which modifies rat's behaviour in interesting ways.

And it is estimated that 1/3 of people are infected.

Recent research has also linked toxoplasmosis with attention
deficit hyperactivity disorder, obsessive compulsive
disorder, and schizophrenia. Numerous studies found
a positive correlation between latent toxoplasmosis and
suicidal behavior in humans.

Not a nice by-product of cats - arguable more dangerous
than "dangerous dogs".

Old 24-09-2013, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Monday 23 September 2013 23:14 Christina Websell wrote in
uk.rec.gardening:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 21:03:00 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

If you have loads of poo in your garden, unburied, it's not a cat.

Some cats are not very good at the burying, vague scratch in the soil
half hearted attempt to cover.

I am sure you must know a lot more about cats than I do.
Except I have one and I can assure you he buries his poo in his own
garden. Stop blaming cats for everything, it really annoys me.

We could start on them eating nice harmless birds...

I think I just hate cats because they are all nice to you when they want
something and as soon as they've got it, they bugger off waving their butt
in your general direction!

Bit like politicians at election time...

Old 24-09-2013, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 23:14:43 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

If you have loads of poo in your garden, unburied, it's not a

cat.

Some cats are not very good at the burying, vague scratch in the

soil
half hearted attempt to cover.

I am sure you must know a lot more about cats than I do.
Except I have one and I can assure you he buries his poo in his own
garden.

So do we and so does she. But not all cats do as ours do.

Stop blaming cats for everything, it really annoys me.

You need to accept that some cats do crap in other peoples gardens
and that some people don't like cats. When the two coincide there is
bound to be friction.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 24-09-2013, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

On Monday 23 September 2013 20:54 Mr Pounder wrote in uk.rec.gardening:

Yup, under my wood chippings.
Guess who gets a handful of it when weeding?
My dog don't crap in my neighbour's garden, I see no reason why his vermin
cats should crap in my garden.

+1

People have turned very fascist about dogs pooping in public places and yet
I find cats infinitely more annoying as people digs generally do not come
into my garden, unless invited.

You'd think gardeners would encourage people digs in their garden.
Free labour.

Janet
Old 24-09-2013, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 00:00:09 +0100, "Let It Be"
wrote:

'Mike' wrote:
Shoot.

Skin.

Cook.

Eat.

Tastes like Rabbit

Mike

Cats are very useful at keeping the vermin and various birds off my crops -
I bet you'd be very tasty to them 'mike', but then, they are rather
particular in the vermin the eat, so maybe not!

You are right, no cat would want to touch that sort of vermin.
He seems to sit at his computer just waiting for a mention of cats so
that he can post that same old comment again. What a wasted life.

Old 24-09-2013, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mr Pounder" wrote in news:l1q5ti$vp3$1
@dont-email.me:

wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 19:43:19 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:51:31 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

[1] Almost certain it's a cat - there are sometimes vague attempts
scratch the ground and bury it, but often not successful. Volume
and
size is too small for a fox.

Cats usually bury their poo. Young dog fox cubs are ejected from their
families round about late August. I suggest it might be them.

Doesn't fox poo have a very "foxy" but not unpleasant smell and a
pointed end? Cat poo smells foul.

I've been told (somewhere, probably on a Ray Mears wildlife prog or
the like) that all predators turds have a pointed end. Presumably to
prevent the anus slamming shut and thus giving their presence away to
their prey.

I do like that one :-)

Yes I do too.
A gentle slam. Is my preferance, but, of course, I am not always in
control!

Baz
Old 24-09-2013, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:51:31 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

[1] Almost certain it's a cat - there are sometimes vague attempts

scratch the ground and bury it, but often not successful. Volume

and
size is too small for a fox.

Cats usually bury their poo. Young dog fox cubs are ejected from their
families round about late August. I suggest it might be them.

Doesn't fox poo have a very "foxy" but not unpleasant smell and a
pointed end?]Depends if the cubs have managed to to catch anything.

Cat poo smells foul.

Agreed, but they bury it.

Yes, but they foul in someone elses garden. Burying it makes it 100 times
worse. There are no cat shit detectors. You only know it when it's
disgusting odour is on your hand or your tool (no remarks please).

Baz
Old 24-09-2013, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mr Pounder" wrote in
:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Very good point.

Baz
Old 24-09-2013, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in
ll.co.uk:

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:54:03 +0100, Mr Pounder wrote:

My dog don't crap in my neighbour's garden, I see no reason why his
vermin cats should crap in my garden.

Maybe you ought to change the coolant in your car and forget to
dispose of the bowl full of old coolant...

Please explain what this means, David.
I think the coolant would be disposed of ... sensibly.
Do YOU forget? We don't forget to get rid of hazardous waste. It is part of
life now. It is what most of us do now. I admmit there are grey areas.

Baz
Old 24-09-2013, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:46:07 GMT, Baz wrote:

Maybe you ought to change the coolant in your car and forget to
dispose of the bowl full of old coolant...

Please explain what this means, David.

Coolant contains ethylene glycol, cats find this attractive,
unfortunately for cats it is rather toxic.

--
Cheers
Dave.