Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-05-2003, 01:21 PM
Hillary Israeli

Default trapped skunk

OK, well, I had some havahart traps in the yard to catch and relocate some
chipmunks, but I've ended up with a skunk in one. Any thoughts on how to
safely relocate a skunk without getting, well, skunked? I'm imagining
perhaps some kind of heavy tarp thrown onto the trap, wrap the sucker up,
put it into a giant rubbermaid container, then put it in the car and drive
it somewhere, then somehow try to release it without getting sprayed....

It's memorial day of course so I can't reach our local wildlife rehab
people or anyone else really. The cops were not helpful at all

Thanks for any tips!

-h.